ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 70
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:54 PM 12-22-2016
Are there screen wipes in this movie?

I fucking hate screen wipes.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:33 PM 12-22-2016
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Just saw it. On the whole I really liked it and would welcome more "stories". I know it will never happen, but Shadows of the Empire would be great though it would be much harder to port over most of the original stories considering the limitations with how Fisher and Hamill have aged.

The issues I have:

Spoiler!

and

Spoiler!
Your second spoiler really nails some of the issues I too had with the movie. Good job.

Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Are there screen wipes in this movie?

I fucking hate screen wipes.
WHA?!?!?

I love the wipes! They are a signature of the SW universe.

BOIL THIS MAN IN OIL! :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:35 PM 12-22-2016
Redditors adding in some thoughts that show how Rogue One strengthens A New Hope and also ROTJ. :https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/co...th_star_plans/
[Reply]
Lzen 01:58 PM 12-23-2016
I've been looking at this thread off and on for the past few days. Thanks to everyone for using spoiler tags. I'm going to see Rogue One tonight. While on Youtube, I came across this. Some of these I remember but not all of them. Enjoy.

[Reply]
Bowser 03:09 PM 12-23-2016
Chris Pratt :-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:46 PM 12-23-2016
Ok, so I saw Rogue One for a 2nd time tonight. I like the movie overall, but I'm about to nitpick over something that bothers me.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Nickhead 11:59 PM 12-23-2016
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Ok, so I saw Rogue One for a 2nd time tonight. I like the movie overall, but I'm about to nitpick over something that bothers me.

Spoiler!
tricky bastards they are :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:34 AM 12-24-2016
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

Spoiler!
Cassian and Jyn were clearly handcuffed
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:35 AM 12-24-2016
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
tricky bastards they are :-)
You're a worthless, smiley faced fucktard, regardless of the topic.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:51 AM 12-24-2016
Leaked photos from the Rogue 1 sequel! :-)

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/sZQUt
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:44 AM 12-24-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:

This is a big issue with movies going forward. Is the public going to accept their favorite actors that are now dead or too old to play the part now being CGI'd?

I would assume there is going to be some point that the public cringes and gets pissed off at what they did on film to their beloved actor.

Dane, what are you hearing out there on this issue?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:04 AM 12-24-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:

That's pretty funny
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:16 AM 12-24-2016
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
This is a big issue with movies going forward. Is the public going to accept their favorite actors that are now dead or too old to play the part now being CGI'd?

I would assume there is going to be some point that the public cringes and gets pissed off at what they did on film to their beloved actor.

Dane, what are you hearing out there on this issue?
Tarkin and Princess Leia were portrayed by real actors but their faces were changed using motion capture. I've seen the movie 3 times now (once in IMAX) and I have no issue with Tarkin. Princess Leia was a little weird. The mouth looked strange, IMO.

That said, I don't think the story could have been told without Tarkin and IMO, heavy prosthetics would have been far less believable.

As for the future, I can't really speculate. A huge portion of the Rogue One budget was the post production Visual Effects, much of which was approved after the first screening.

Since very few films have a $200 million dollar budget, I don't think it makes much sense to worry about future films employing that technology to bring dead actors back to life. I suspect that by the time that technology is affordable, seamless and even more convincing, most of the public that would clamor for such characters would be long past interested in seeing a dead actor on the screen.

Tarkin was a little different because he didn't do much but stand around and act evil and Leia just basically turned around and said one word. I think that VFX would be more convincing than some voice actor attempting to emulate a John Wayne in ADR, so at this point in time, I don't expect it to become prominent.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:35 PM 12-24-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That's pretty funny
This about made me laugh my ass off:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
unlurking 01:10 PM 12-24-2016
Maybe it's just me, but I hated the CGI faces. Absolutely horrible. Felt like I was watching a Final Fantasy movie. I hope they don't go this route again, as it was the one thing I absolutely hated about the movie.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 70
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up