ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 335
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 01:49 AM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Do their fire fuel tanks get bigger? He got off a few good blasts then he laid there like tits on a boar...
:-)
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:00 AM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Do their fire fuel tanks get bigger? He got off a few good blasts then he laid there like tits on a boar...

I think (hope, really) that that was a preadolescent dragon. He's already pretty nasty, but once he grows to full size, forgettaboutit.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:21 AM 06-09-2015

[Reply]
BigRichard 09:40 AM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I really like this guys takes and whatnot.
[Reply]
Hawk 09:43 AM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I think (hope, really) that that was a preadolescent dragon. He's already pretty nasty, but once he grows to full size, forgettaboutit.
The larger mature dragons could melt stone (i.e. Harrenhall) with their flames, so I do think that part gets more powerful with age as well. What he did in this scene was certainly more powerful than the fire he spit in season 2 when they dragons were kidnapped, and were bigger flames than the ones in season 3 when she gets her unsullied army by burning the slave master.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:58 AM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I really like this guys takes and whatnot.
The only issue I take is with his assertion during the cool breakdown of Asshair by the Shadow.

He mentions that dragons come from a place that terrible people consider terrible, so they must be really terrible...

Um, or maybe they're GOOD?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:03 AM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
The larger mature dragons could melt stone (i.e. Harrenhall) with their flames, so I do think that part gets more powerful with age as well. What he did in this scene was certainly more powerful than the fire he spit in season 2 when they dragons were kidnapped, and were bigger flames than the ones in season 3 when she gets her unsullied army by burning the slave master.
I think you have to think of dragons as a good gunship/attack helicopter.

In the air, only an extremely lucky shot can do any damage to them (or another gunship). Once they're on the ground, they're vulnerable to the mob.

If you read the Dance of Dragons (it's worth it!), you see a lot of younger dragons and their riders getting wiped out by ground forces/numbers.

One of the reasons Aegon and his sister wives were so effective during the conquest is that they were all mature, experienced warriors riding fully mature dragons who had seen (presumably) battle in Valyria before the doom.

I am starting to suspect there also is a special bond between dragons and their riders. The longer they've been bonded, the more effective they are as a fighting pair.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:41 AM 06-09-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
They discussed Azor Ahai on the show a few times. Melisandre mentions it from time to time in her speeches as she exults Stannis, and Aemon and her had a discussion about it (and he clearly thinks Stannis is not AA because his sword puts off no heat).

In the books, Melisandre is wrong in her visions sometimes (or just misinterprets them), and this appears to be the case with Stannis being AA. In Melisandre's POV chapter in ADWD, she complains to herself that she asks to see Azor Ahai, and all Rhollor shows her is "Snow" (with a capital S). This is one of the reasons people think Jon is really AA. The way that Night King guy was eyeballing Jon in the last episode, I'm thinking Jon must be AA.
Doesn't she also admit to being full of shit on occasion? I think it was when describing the glamour on rattleshirt.

She acknowledges that she keeps powders/potions on her to make her appear more mysterious than she is. I believe I recall her acknowledging that she's running out of one of them (maybe the thing for the flaming sword). She brought a bunch of crap with her in a suitcase from Asshai, yes?

In either event, I'm inclined to agree that she's just mis-reading the tea leaves here. She's not as all-seeing/all-knowing as the show would have us believe, IMO.

She can do some crazy stuff, but she's not beyond reproach.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:56 AM 06-11-2015

[Reply]
keg in kc 10:16 AM 06-11-2015
Not sure why, but this felt like the least of the episode nine's in the series' history. There's usually....more.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:36 AM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
The geek fu is strong with this one.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:41 AM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by NewChief:
The geek fu is strong with this one.
Yeah....this guy does a ton of videos for different TV shows.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 10:45 AM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Doesn't she also admit to being full of shit on occasion? I think it was when describing the glamour on rattleshirt.

She acknowledges that she keeps powders/potions on her to make her appear more mysterious than she is. I believe I recall her acknowledging that she's running out of one of them (maybe the thing for the flaming sword). She brought a bunch of crap with her in a suitcase from Asshai, yes?

In either event, I'm inclined to agree that she's just mis-reading the tea leaves here. She's not as all-seeing/all-knowing as the show would have us believe, IMO.

She can do some crazy stuff, but she's not beyond reproach.
That would certainly explain why she was so astonished in the show to see Berric come back to life at Thorros' hand: she has never genuinely seen the Lord of Light in action.

Wouldn't that be some shit if she were a false prophet, and had Stannis sacrifice Shireen? I wonder what the just payment for that would be in Stannis' eyes.
[Reply]
NewChief 11:02 AM 06-11-2015
Where does all the information about the Empire of the Dawn and such come from? I don't remember ANY of that crap in the books. I looked it up on the wiki, and it has a lot of writeups about all that stuff, but it doesn't list the books that it came from as a source, just list other pages on the wiki as the source.
[Reply]
Amnorix 11:07 AM 06-11-2015
Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan:
That would certainly explain why she was so astonished in the show to see Berric come back to life at Thorros' hand: she has never genuinely seen the Lord of Light in action.

Wouldn't that be some shit if she were a false prophet, and had Stannis sacrifice Shireen? I wonder what the just payment for that would be in Stannis' eyes.

I dont' see it that way. I think of her as having certain powers/abilities, and Thoros having different ones.

Birthing that demon that killed Renly really puts to rest whether she's just a good actress bluffing her way through it all.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 335
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up