Page 45 of 68
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
staylor26 02:34 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
That sounds about right. He's not the bad guy, but he's probably still a stooge. Hard to believe he didn't know what he signed up for and curious if the culley hire was because he was backed into a corner or because he actually wanted to go outside the tree.

I still think it's very possible this was a puppet hire disguised as being an outside tree hire. Not to mention a legit question the role of being a "man of God" played.
How the fuck would he know that Watson would request a trade AFTER he was hired?

It’s entirely possible that he’s an idiot. Probably even likely. His HC hire wasn’t a good start by any means.

But there’s no way you can say he should’ve known Watson would request a trade after he was hired.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:34 PM 02-03-2021
That sounds about right. He's not the bad guy, but he's probably still a stooge. Hard to believe he didn't know what he signed up for and curious if the culley hire was because he was backed into a corner or because he actually wanted to go outside the tree.

I still think it's very possible this was a puppet hire disguised as being an outside tree hire. Not to mention a legit question the role of being a "man of God" played.
I'm pretty sure Caserio is a bit of a puppet.

Oh and by the way..... football people tell me that Easterby is still making calls to agents on behalf of the team and is very much involved in football side. Not the "character coach" angle we've heard. It's still a problem. So sleep tight.

— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) January 31, 2021

[Reply]
mkp785 02:35 PM 02-03-2021

Culley is 100% a puppet hire. He's just happy to be there. You wanna tell me the WRs coach of the Ravens is some offensive dynamo mastermind? Please. They did this just to silence the voices for not hiring EB.

I'll be surprised if he's still there next season. They made a 1 year band aid hire of him, he'll be fired-blamed for the shitty upcoming year they'll have and another Pats crony will be hired in 22.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:38 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Culley is 100% a puppet hire. He's just happy to be there. You wanna tell me the WRs coach of the Ravens is some offensive dynamo mastermind? Please. They did this just to silence the voices for not hiring EB.

I'll be surprised if he's still there next season. They made a 1 year band aid hire of him, he'll be fired-blamed for the shitty upcoming year they'll have and another Pats crony will be hired in 22.
They could’ve just hired some other Patriot Way guy like Mayo if they just wanted a puppet.

I’m not saying Culley isn’t a puppet, but I do think they believed he was the kind of HC that might get Watson to stay so they could get the best of both worlds.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the final 3 were all black men that could possibly relate more to their black QB and repair the damage that was done. It reeks of desperation, but again, I do think there’s evidence to say that Caserio prefers to keep Watson and is at least trying, even if it’s pitiful.
[Reply]
mkp785 02:45 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They could’ve just hired some other Patriot Way guy like Mayo if they just wanted a puppet.

I’m not saying Culley isn’t a puppet, but I do think they believed he was the kind of HC that might get Watson to stay so they could get the best of both worlds.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the final 3 were all black men that could possibly relate more to their black QB and repair the damage that was done.
Without you calling me a race baiter again. I think they knew they would get a hell storm for not hiring EB and just wanted to hire any old black face. Hoping that he could talk DW into staying because......reasons?

Either way, he's lucky to get this job and will fall lockstep into whatever Easterby and Caserio say. EB and Leslie Frazier (he didn't deserve the job either) wouldn't have been so easy to control. I maintain, unless he pulls off the unthinkable-he's fired after one season.
[Reply]
seamonster 02:50 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:

I disagree. Culley's had to deal with princesses like Terrel Owens. He's perfect for Deshaun Watson.
[Reply]
bowener 04:00 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by seamonster:
I disagree. Culley's had to deal with princesses like Terrel Owens. He's perfect for Deshaun Watson.
Are you equating Watson's personality to anything near TO's? Because that would be fucking stupid.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:12 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by bowener:
Are you equating Watson's personality to anything near TO's? Because that would be ****ing stupid.
He is on that trajectory. Signs massive contract knowing the team was becoming a shitshow then pouts because he is not asked his input for the shitshow.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:16 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
How the **** would he know that Watson would request a trade AFTER he was hired?

It’s entirely possible that he’s an idiot. Probably even likely. His HC hire wasn’t a good start by any means.

But there’s no way you can say he should’ve known Watson would request a trade after he was hired.
Who said anything about Watson. I said Caserio knew damn well he would be working for a psychopath cult leader. He knew about the toxic culture. Id have to imagine he knew he bypassed the GM search and that his star qb was supposed to be consulted, but wasn't. Caserio came in fully bought in to Easterbys culture nonsense. So Caserio not only knew damn well what he was getting into, he was totally bought in.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:18 PM 02-03-2021
Houston better wake up, smell the coffee, and start narrowing down potential trade partners because everyone and their dog is saying Watson will NOT play for them again... and I don't blame him one bit
[Reply]
Mecca 04:18 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He is on that trajectory. Signs massive contract knowing the team was becoming a shitshow then pouts because he is not asked his input for the shitshow.
There's a difference in the Bill O'Brien shitshow and the religious cult shitshow.

Also Watson is pissed they lied to him, Chiefs cut a player for this...is this only a one way street?
[Reply]
-King- 04:22 PM 02-03-2021
When you get 110 mil guaranteed and have never coached, schemed at a professional level, or grinded through 20 hour days and you're 25 you should keep your front-office opinions to your self. Fucking learn something for once instead of acting entitled...The texans' hire is a football lifer that comes out of the Andy Reid coaching tree. He's not some jabroni corporate yes-man. Watson could develop as a player under that coach but instead he wants to be a woke millennial. Shits going to backfire.
I didn't think I'd see someone trying to defend the Texans hiring a 65 year old position coach today. Especially a pretty unsuccessful position coach. That's neat.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:22 PM 02-03-2021
I don't think he fully understood the implications of Easterbys reign until the season started. It's not just a personnel or coaching issue. It's the team culture. Dude, it's not just Watson and it sure as hell isn't just the GM thing. All the key veterans on the team are pissed off.
[Reply]
-King- 04:24 PM 02-03-2021
The team told him he'd have input. They also said Easterby wouldnt have that much influence when it came to football decisions. So....
[Reply]
-King- 02-03-2021, 04:25 PM
This message has been deleted by -King-.
-King- 04:26 PM 02-03-2021
Was he successful in dealing with them? If not then what's the point in even bringing this up :-). Not even getting into the part of you thinking T.O and Watson anything alike cause that's just dumb
[Reply]
Page 45 of 68
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up