ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 192
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:42 AM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I just don't wanna pigeonhole it into a "deep threat guy".

There's a few deep threat types I like in the mid rounds here that can specifically do that, but if we're gonna take one early....I'd take a shot on a guy I thought can be more than a complimentary type guy.
No, not an MVS 'deep threat guy'

I want a guy with the speed to threaten deep, and ball tracking skills.

I don't really want a 'move the chains' possession receiver type guy so much.

I want somebody who can catch the fucking ball when Mahomes wants to throw deep.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:54 AM 01-26-2024
I agree Meck. I don't think most of us are looking at a speed guy and thinking that we want a guy that can just line up and run real fast in a straight line. There are 10 MVS types available in the 4th and 5th rounds every year.

I want a guy with speed who is also a really good WR at all levels of the field, and those guys aren't exceedingly plentiful. Usually, they go pretty fucking high in a draft. I think this season presents a unique opportunity for the Chiefs to get one because of the strength of this draft class.
[Reply]
O.city 09:15 AM 01-26-2024
Yeah, you guys want a legit all 3 levels guy. Those guys go in the top 15 and or are paid 25 million dollars a year.

I don't think Franklin is that guy with his size being what it is, but he could be. Coleman gives me underwear warrior vibes (honestly so does Legette a little bit) but I've seen Legette win more in the short and intermediate level than I did Coleman this year.

The guy from UNC may end up the best of both worlds.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:45 AM 01-26-2024
Here are the guys I think really fit the Chiefs typical WR profile:

Franklin
Worthy
Walker
Burton
R. Wilson
Washington
Rice Jr
Thrash
Clark

Fast. Separators, Deep Threats, and/or plus Route Running abilities.

Anyone else you think fits?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:47 AM 01-26-2024
Love this scouting report on Rice Jr:

Made Bruce Feldman's Freaks List at #53. He said, "...the biggest Freak of the bunch is the one with the heftiest football bloodlines, Brenden Rice, son of the greatest receiver ever, Jerry Rice. The younger Rice, who had 39 catches for 611 yards (15.7-yard average) and four touchdowns in 2022, is 6-3, 215 pounds and hit 23 MPH on the GPS and had an impressive 1.43 10-yard split. This offseason, Rice also vertical-jumped 38 inches, did 17 reps of 225 on the bench and squatted 525 for three reps."

Utilizes his outstanding length and "alpha dog" mentality on 50/50 balls, and displays an expansive catch radius.

Despite his tall frame, showcases rare suddenness and burst off the LOS, presenting challenges for DBs during route transitions.

Flaunts high-caliber boundary awareness and body control; often seen toe-tapping or making leaping grabs near the sidelines.

A natural hands catcher, he consistently high-points the ball, diminishing a defender's chance to break up the play in tight windows.

While not just a vertical threat due to his impressive top-end speed, he's a YAC monster, showing elusiveness post-catch in open fields.

Brings versatility to special teams; his kick and punt return prowess at Colorado underscores his multidimensional skill set.

A proven clutch player with big-game DNA; consistently elevates his play in high-stakes situations like Tulane and Oregon outings.

His membership of Bruce Feldman's Freaks List isn't by chance; it's a testament to his explosive off-the-line burst, evidenced by his notable 1.43 10-yard split. Scouts have been buzzing about his agility and ability to create separation, although there are murmurs about refining his route tree and high-pointing ability against more physical DBs.
[Reply]
Coogs 12:15 PM 01-26-2024
Yeah, you guys want a legit all 3 levels guy. Those guys go in the top 15 and or are paid 25 million dollars a year.

I don't think Franklin is that guy with his size being what it is, but he could be. Coleman gives me underwear warrior vibes (honestly so does Legette a little bit) but I've seen Legette win more in the short and intermediate level than I did Coleman this year.

Tank Dell isn’t big, and he was tearing it up. Yes he got hurt. Broken fibula. But damn near any player in the NFL would have the same injury coming out of that play.

Franklin is a playmaker. I wouldn’t pass because of his size if he is available.
[Reply]
O.city 12:16 PM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by Coogs:
Tank Dell isn’t big, and he was tearing it up. Yes he got hurt. Broken fibula. But damn near any player in the NFL would have the same injury coming out of that play.

Franklin is a playmaker. I wouldn’t pass because of his size if he is available.
Where was Tank Dell drafted?

Then he got hurt.....so....
[Reply]
Coogs 12:29 PM 01-26-2024
Where was Tank Dell drafted?

Then he got hurt.....so....
On a do over, where should Dell, and the Rams Nacua for that matter, have been drafted?

And I won’t touch your other point. This isn’t the lounge.
[Reply]
Palangi 12:34 PM 01-26-2024
Franklin will be 6’2” and 190. What is the issue with that size?

Are we trying to make him an inline WR?
[Reply]
Coogs 01:17 PM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by Palangi:
Franklin will be 6’2” and 190. What is the issue with that size?

Are we trying to make him an inline WR?
:-)
[Reply]
kccrow 02:32 PM 01-26-2024

Yes but...

You really love yourself some Brandon Aiyuk. The 49ers got him with the 25th pick in 2020 and he was the 6th WR off the board in what was a really strong draft class. That class had Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, Jalen Reagor, and Justin Jefferson all go ahead of him. None were collegiate slouches and every bit as strong as this year's class. Tee Higgins and Michael Pittman went the first two picks of the 2nd round.

So, we have an exceptional opportunity based purely on strength of class to have one fall into our laps at the bottom of the round that can be an excellent pairing with Rashee.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:46 PM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Yes but...

You really love yourself some Brandon Aiyuk. The 49ers got him with the 25th pick in 2020 and he was the 6th WR off the board in what was a really strong draft class. That class had Henry Ruggs, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, Jalen Reagor, and Justin Jefferson all go ahead of him. None were collegiate slouches and every bit as strong as this year's class. Tee Higgins and Michael Pittman went the first two picks of the 2nd round.

So, we have an exceptional opportunity based purely on strength of class to have one fall into our laps at the bottom of the round that can be an excellent pairing with Rashee.
I agree that this is the year to take a RD 1 WR, the talent is there for us have a few difference makers within reach to choose from.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:48 PM 01-26-2024
Yes but...

Crow, curious what you think of the list above I made to reflect the Chiefs prototypical WR targets in this draft, and if you'd add or subtract any names?
[Reply]
O.city 05:09 PM 01-26-2024
Yes but...

For sure

But the more we get on this class…it seems like there’s 3 then just a bunch of “maybe”. Some will end up good, some more Reagor like.

I just like McMillan and Polk as much as Franklin so I’m inclined to wait and see
[Reply]
O.city 05:10 PM 01-26-2024
Originally Posted by Coogs:
On a do over, where should Dell, and the Rams Nacua for that matter, have been drafted?

And I won’t touch your other point. This isn’t the lounge.
Sure but on do overs, Brady goes earlier, Tyreek and whoever etc

Guys that size just go there because on the average, they just don’t work out
[Reply]
Page 45 of 192
« First < 354142434445 464748495595145 > Last »
Up