ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 49
« First < 354142434445 46474849 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:45 AM 05-31-2024
Saw 1 yesterday. Thing was so ugly I nearly threw up.
[Reply]
Eureka 11:48 AM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Seriously? Where in the **** do you live?:-)
They're all over the Bay Area and they've kind of grown on me. My toddler points one out whenever he sees one.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:51 AM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by Eureka:
There all over the Bay Area and they've kind of grown on me. My toddler points one out whenever he sees one.
Buy one
[Reply]
ghak99 12:07 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's a mildly cool look, but you'd have to have them renew the polish pretty regularly if it gets wet at all. I suppose maybe that's not an issue if you're the kind of person to spend $100k on a "truck" though.
I'm pretty sure they'd have to remove the fender flares to maintain it right. Doesn't sound fun.

I wondered if it would be a bit confusing to have one turning in front of you at a busy intersection with all those big flat panels basically reflecting your view back at you. Might be interesting trying to see one when checking your mirrors as well.
[Reply]
Eureka 12:20 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Buy one
I'm not there yet.

Most people spend 99% of their time with their vehicle driving it. I'm sure the Cybertruck is in the same boat. How does the Cybertruck drive is what I'm wondering about. Looks are subjective but if it drives sweet then who cares.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:23 PM 05-31-2024
Have seen more around town in Dallas… I think they look stupid.
[Reply]
loochy 12:47 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Have seen more around town in Dallas… I think they look stupid.

Yeah, here in my town, Benbrook (a Fort Worth suburb), I've been seeing 2 or 3 per day on my way to work. I've seen original colored ones, one orange vinyl wrapped one, and one gray camo wrapped one. A few weeks ago,
my wife's supervising physician just got the one he ordered forever ago. They are very popular here.

I like them....not for me, oh hell no I would never buy one....but I like seeing them.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:49 PM 05-31-2024
I saw my first one recently. It’s definitely not great looking but I couldn’t help think it would look infinitely better with just a more traditional paint job.
[Reply]
loochy 12:51 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Buy one

I guarantee massive depreciation in a few years.

Wait 3 years, get one for half price
[Reply]
HemiEd 07:03 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by Eureka:
They're all over the Bay Area and they've kind of grown on me. My toddler points one out whenever he sees one.
I was going to guess SF/Bay area. Makes sense. We are just starting to see a few Tesla's around here. :-)
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 08:00 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I'm pretty sure they'd have to remove the fender flares to maintain it right. Doesn't sound fun.

I wondered if it would be a bit confusing to have one turning in front of you at a busy intersection with all those big flat panels basically reflecting your view back at you. Might be interesting trying to see one when checking your mirrors as well.
Mirrored finish or wraps should be illegal in my opinion. There's a dealer in town where their courtesy shuttle van is completely wrapped in mirrored like finish. I've been blinded by the MFer a couple times when it reflected the mid-afternoon sun directly in my eyes.
[Reply]
Eureka 08:11 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
Mirrored finish or wraps should be illegal in my opinion. There's a dealer in town where their courtesy shuttle van is completely wrapped in mirrored like finish. I've been blinded by the MFer a couple times when it reflected the mid-afternoon sun directly in my eyes.
It's illegal in California. Other states may differ.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:22 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by CapsLockKey:
Probably felt similar to the ****tards who injected an x ray of your face into your brain with their insane headlights when you meet them in the dark.

We're both in the dark and you're blinding the guy traveling right at you. Way to go Darwin.
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 12:15 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Probably felt similar to the ****tards who injected an x ray of your face into your brain with their insane headlights when you meet them in the dark.

We're both in the dark and you're blinding the guy traveling right at you. Way to go Darwin.
Yep. Maybe the universe will correct itself and these vehicles that can light up football fields with their nuclear powered headlights will cross paths with the mobile disco balls and blind themselves for once.

As for the Cyber truck, saw one yesterday in the wild for the first time and agree they are fugly but maybe that's the unique charm of them. Looks like a vehicle you'd see in a 90s PlayStation 1 video game.
[Reply]
New World Order 12:22 AM 06-01-2024
Saw one in Lee's Summit today.

They are FRICKIN HUGE
[Reply]
Page 45 of 49
« First < 354142434445 46474849 >
Up