ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 66
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:34 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by Katipan:

Because.
:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:23 PM 03-07-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
So the cat shits right in it?
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
If I was a cat, I would be suspicious. That looks like a cat blender.

The cats shit right next too it but an arm comes out with a broom and sweeps up the shit and puts it in the kitty litter then into a bag. Amazing isn't it.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:03 AM 03-08-2022
Sorry, still not understanding. So there must be a kitty litter box that's supposed to be right next to it?
[Reply]
Pablo 09:06 AM 03-08-2022
Sorry, still not understanding. So there must be a kitty litter box that's supposed to be right next to it?
The cat shits in the chair right next to it. The arm reaches up and dunks it into the litter and bags it up.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:07 AM 03-08-2022
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:23 AM 03-08-2022
My Wolf commercial blender is something of a monster:

I was really just price-enforcing during a charity auction and got the thing for about 1/2 of what it lists for. It's pretty incredible.

I make a potato leak soup where I can just throw the stock/cream in the pot with some potatoes, garlic and leaks that I roast first. Then about 4-5 slices of bacon. I hit the 'soup' switch and it runs it's program for about 5 minutes (speeds up and slows down to pull ingredients down and create a good vortex) and then shuts down. It spins fast enough to heat the soup to right at 200 degrees. Then I throw some chedder in there and pulse until it's melted and toss the other half of the roasted potatoes and some chopped bacon in there.

It completely purees all the leak, potato and bacon I started with so you get that flavor in every bite, but then you also have the texture of the chunks of potatoes and bacon.

I make peanut butter in it, hummus, sorbets, hollandaise sauce, roux, blackberry pancake syrup - all kinds of unique things you can do with it. Obviously stuff like smoothies and cocktails are no problem but I've even made almond milk with it before just to dick around.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:31 AM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My Wolf commercial blender is something of a monster:

I was really just price-enforcing during a charity auction and got the thing for about 1/2 of what it lists for. It's pretty incredible.

I make a potato leak soup where I can just throw the stock/cream in the pot with some potatoes, garlic and leaks that I roast first. Then about 4-5 slices of bacon. I hit the 'soup' switch and it runs it's program for about 5 minutes (speeds up and slows down to pull ingredients down and create a good vortex) and then shuts down. It spins fast enough to heat the soup to right at 200 degrees. Then I throw some chedder in there and pulse until it's melted and toss the other half of the roasted potatoes and some chopped bacon in there.

It completely purees all the leak, potato and bacon I started with so you get that flavor in every bite, but then you also have the texture of the chunks of potatoes and bacon.

I make peanut butter in it, hummus, sorbets, hollandaise sauce, roux, blackberry pancake syrup - all kinds of unique things you can do with it. Obviously stuff like smoothies and cocktails are no problem but I've even made almond milk with it before just to dick around.
Holy shit. That's awesome.

I looked at putting in a Wolf Stove once, and my cheap ass couldn't do it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:37 AM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Holy shit. That's awesome.

I looked at putting in a Wolf Stove once, and my cheap ass couldn't do it.
If you think there's any chance on this earth I'd pay $700 for a blender, you must think I'm FAR better at my job than I am.

I threw a bid in at like $275 because it's an auction we've gone to every year for a decade or so. A long time ago I got drunk and ended up spending way too much on an autographed jersey (8 Cardinals HoFers, man!) so the organizer of the event knows us pretty well and it's a really good cause for MU Childrens hospital. This was also back before the standard deduction doubled and I drove a lot for work so I itemized and could write most of it off (this was my justification anyway).

So now I'll go out there and just mass bid on shit that looks stalled trying to push the prices up if they seem to low to me. Sometimes I end up with weird crap like a chunk of fender off Jamie McMurray's crashed racecar. But usually it works out pretty well.

I honestly forgot I'd even bid on it until I went to the 'pay for your stuff' line and they gave me the bill. But I ended up getting Tommy Edman autographed cleats and both an Arenado and Molina signed game bat. Got a lot of cool shit and it's my version of Christmas morning - "Hey! Look what I got!"
[Reply]
Holladay 09:48 AM 03-08-2022
lol

Originally Posted by :
I was thinking of a cement mixer.

I have 4 indoor/outdoor farm cats. A few years ago, I did a lot of research into those auto cat boxes. The jury is still out. None were purfect. Bottom line was you can't beat this:

and:

and use this:

The rug helps quite a bit.

All for $23.

Also a nice tree line to throw the crap out.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:30 AM 03-08-2022
Can someone bring in a cat to help train ptlyon?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:38 AM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:

All for $23.

And your house will still smell like cheap detergent mixed with ammonia and the faint smell of urea! All so a mercurial creature that doesn't even like you can put its butthole on your kitchen table when you're not around.

I do not understand the appeal...
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:25 PM 03-08-2022
Can someone bring in a cat to help train ptlyon?
Please! Much needed, I gotta go!
[Reply]
DaFace 12:30 PM 03-08-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
lol

I was thinking of a cement mixer.

I have 4 indoor/outdoor farm cats. A few years ago, I did a lot of research into those auto cat boxes. The jury is still out. None were purfect. Bottom line was you can't beat this:

and:

and use this:

All for $23.

That's where I've landed. The automated stuff sounds good but always is a little iffy. I do like this thing though - reduces the number of trips to the garbage bin.

https://www.amazon.com/Litter-Genie-...dp/B007IRMTXE/
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:21 PM 03-08-2022
If you think there's any chance on this earth I'd pay $700 for a blender, you must think I'm FAR better at my job than I am.

I threw a bid in at like $275 because it's an auction we've gone to every year for a decade or so. A long time ago I got drunk and ended up spending way too much on an autographed jersey (8 Cardinals HoFers, man!) so the organizer of the event knows us pretty well and it's a really good cause for MU Childrens hospital. This was also back before the standard deduction doubled and I drove a lot for work so I itemized and could write most of it off (this was my justification anyway).

So now I'll go out there and just mass bid on shit that looks stalled trying to push the prices up if they seem to low to me. Sometimes I end up with weird crap like a chunk of fender off Jamie McMurray's crashed racecar. But usually it works out pretty well.

I honestly forgot I'd even bid on it until I went to the 'pay for your stuff' line and they gave me the bill. But I ended up getting Tommy Edman autographed cleats and both an Arenado and Molina signed game bat. Got a lot of cool shit and it's my version of Christmas morning - "Hey! Look what I got!"
That's cool as shit man.

TECHNICALLY, you aren't supposed to deduct anything in which you got something back, like a $700 blender. The rules say you have to have documentation that says "no goods or services were exchanged..." or some such shit. But hell man, as much tax fraud as there is in the world today, fire away.

FWIW, they added a line last year where you can deduct up to $600 of contributions as an inline deduction outside of the Schedule A. My accountant said you damn well better have documentation on it, but it's a decent little help on people who actually give for the sake of giving.

And your house will still smell like cheap detergent mixed with ammonia and the faint smell of urea! All so a mercurial creature that doesn't even like you can put its butthole on your kitchen table when you're not around.

I do not understand the appeal...
My wife is a soft hearted creature. LOVES all animals. All of them. But wants no part of a cat. Her roommate in college had one and after that her position was very clearly that she wanted no part of that thing that walks all over where they piss and shit and then jump on your table and counters where my food is.

Good, honey, cosigned.

I don't have the heart to tell her there isn't a huge difference between that and the dog that's in the house, but I don't really want cats inside. Big proponent of farm cats though. I didn't think I was, but if they're not completely worthless, they'll earn their feed back in mouse control.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:07 AM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:

My son got this cat liter machine and I think it's cool. No more scooping cat litter with a scoop. Him and his fiance have several cats and this machine just collects the poop and once a day you change out the bag but you don't have a mess and it does all the scooping. Nifty I think.

I've never seen one before.
So the cat shits right in it?
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
The cats shit right next too it but an arm comes out with a broom and sweeps up the shit and puts it in the kitty litter then into a bag. Amazing isn't it.
Originally Posted by Pablo:
The cat shits in the chair right next to it. The arm reaches up and dunks it into the litter and bags it up.

[Reply]
Page 45 of 66
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up