ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 62
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite
htismaqe 11:15 AM 11-23-2020
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...yIbOTl70ncM4Zs

NFL odds: After Sunday night, Patrick Mahomes is now the overwhelming NFL MVP favorite

Frank Schwab 2 hrs ago

We can cease and desist with any debate about someone other than Patrick Mahomes being the NFL MVP favorite.

You’ll hear people argue that Kyler Murray, Russell Wilson, Alvin Kamara or anyone else should be “in the conversation,” but the only real talk is that the Kansas City Chiefs quarterback is the overwhelming favorite until further notice. Everyone else is vying for NFL offensive player of the year, though Mahomes should probably win that too.

Sunday night’s heroics, leading a game-winning drive over the Las Vegas Raiders everyone knew was coming, solidified Mahomes’ position. He’s the best player in football and he’s having a phenomenal year.

The odds at BetMGM reflect that.

Mahomes is -118 to win MVP at BetMGM. Next on the list is Wilson at +350. Aaron Rodgers is +550 and nobody else is less than 12-to-1.
[Reply]
Spott 09:31 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
That's the reply of a woman who tries to follow football in an attempt to bond with her boyfriend. You've watched a few games, and now act as if you no longer pick a favorite team based on uniform design.
Reminds me of that bitch Denise.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:36 PM 12-22-2020
Originally Posted by NEOM:
Posts like these are the reason why many people or football fans from other franchises want Mahomes to fail.

There are other QBs in the league who have done special stuff on the field, e.g. Rodgers frequently over his career showed his incredible skill-set, there is a reason why many call him the greatest QB (not the accomplished) from a talent / skill perspective.

It is unfortunate for him that Green Bay never really surrounded with massive talent or drafted properly. With such a talent / skill set, Rodgers deserves at least 2-3 Super Bowl rings. Sticking with McCarthy for too long was also a massive mistake.

As he said, down years for him are career highs for other QBs, same can be said about Mahomes.
I'm hoping & wishing that Super Bowl LV is Mahomes vs Rodgers. What a great Super Bowl that would be.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 10:51 PM 12-22-2020
The Packers have beat one team with a winning record this year. One. They are frauds.
[Reply]
NEOM 03:45 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I'm hoping & wishing that Super Bowl LV is Mahomes vs Rodgers. What a great Super Bowl that would be.
That would be awesome. The two greatest QBs of all time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:37 AM 12-23-2020
Funny, my impression is that almost 90% of posters on this board, have no idea. I wonder how many of you follow the chiefs since Mahomes..
Since 1967. That early enough for ya? Or is that a still a bandwagon fan?
You picked a bad board to throw out bandwagoneers on. This board ain't for the light hearted.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:43 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
The Packers have beat one team with a winning record this year. One. They are frauds.
Meanwhile the Chiefs defeated these possible playoff teams ON THE ROAD

New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Bills
Miami
Ravens
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:54 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Bills
Miami
Ravens
And the media is bashing us over style points. We didn't win by enough so we are falling off. I have never heard any team being judged by style points like a college team.
[Reply]
CrossCheck 08:00 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Bills
Miami
Ravens
Those five teams are a combined 48-17 against the rest of the league.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:06 AM 12-23-2020
Another WTF chart.

Related chart that explains my issue with "balance", at least as it relates to the Chiefs. The x-axis here is now "pass probability" - how likely a team is to pass given play-level context (score, down, distance, time, etc).

Mahomes has been best when teams KNOW he is passing. pic.twitter.com/kcw4YBGJQ2

— Ethan Douglas (@EthanCDouglas) December 21, 2020

[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:08 AM 12-23-2020
We are going to learn a lot about the Packers this weekend when they play the Titans. They tend to not handle strong running games/play action but have decent secondary and pass rush. Titans are huge test - I have a feeling this may be like the Packers 49ers games last season except Tennessee won't get to Rodgers like the 49ers did so it'll be interesting to see how it plays out
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:16 AM 12-23-2020
Funny, my impression is that almost 90% of posters on this board, have no idea. I wonder how many of you follow the chiefs since Mahomes..
I believe that you are implying that becoming a Chiefs fan because of Patrick Mahomes II somehow makes you less of a fan, or not a "real" fan, or that it makes you a bandwagon fan, but you would be incorrect.

There is nothing wrong with choosing a team to root for based on a transcendent talent, and wholesome human being like Patrick Mahomes II.

I watched my first Chiefs game in 1977. That was nearly 44 years ago.

I became a member of this glorious site in October, 2000. That was 20 years ago.

There may be a few people on this board who have become Chiefs fans due to the star power of Patrick Mahomes II, but I would wager that the majority have logged quite a few years of Chiefs fandom on Chiefsplanet like I have.

Chiefsplanet is not a place for the weak of heart, or the easily offended, so chances are, if someone is calling you out on your bullshit or your poor attempts at trolling, they are battle tested.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Monticore 11:08 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I believe that you are implying that becoming a Chiefs fan because of Patrick Mahomes II somehow makes you less of a fan, or not a "real" fan, or that it makes you a bandwagon fan, but you would be incorrect.

There is nothing wrong with choosing a team to root for based on a transcendent talent, and wholesome human being like Patrick Mahomes II.

I watched my first Chiefs game in 1977. That was nearly 44 years ago.

I became a member of this glorious site in October, 2000. That was 20 years ago.

There may be a few people on this board who have become Chiefs fans due to the star power of Patrick Mahomes II, but I would wager that the majority have logged quite a few years of Chiefs fandom on Chiefsplanet like I have.

Chiefsplanet is not a place for the weak of heart, or the easily offended, so chances are, if someone is calling you out on your bullshit or your poor attempts at trolling, they are battle tested.

I think a casual/bandwagoner fan would probably not even find/join a site like CP let alone stick around , I lurked for like 15 years before joining lol , became a fan in 89 because of DT .
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:17 AM 12-23-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I think a casual/bandwagoner fan would probably not even find/join a site like CP let alone stick around , I lurked for like 15 years before joining lol , became a fan in 89 because of DT .
I think that's a great point.

[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:17 AM 12-23-2020
I became a fan in 1975 when my dad was stationed at Fort Riley.

But yeah, Mahomes is the only reason 90% of us follow the Chiefs. GTFO troll
[Reply]
RunKC 11:26 AM 12-23-2020
Meanwhile Mahomes has tied the best road record in NFL history going 8-0 and beating 5 teams with winning records. It could be 6 if the Raiders win out.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 62
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up