ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 64
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** OFFICIAL 2020 CHIEFS Training Camp News and Reports****
Trivers 09:41 AM 08-02-2020
All news, pictures, videos, links, gossip pertaining to 2020 Chiefs Training Camp

Where: Chiefs KC practice facility and via Zoom/Teams

When: Players report 8/31. Padded practices 8/9.

No preseason games.

First game: Houston - 9/10/

CHIEFS Twitter Feed
https://twitter.com/Chiefs

Coach Reid Opening Speech
https://twitter.com/i/status/1288981387358490626
[Reply]
RunKC 11:20 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Speaks is the most likely "surprise" cut. After that you get into guys like. DeAndre Washington, Deon Yelder, Dorian O'Daniel, Mike Danna, Armani Watts. Would anyone be stunned if any of those guys got cut?
I would say Armani Watts is the most likely surprise cut. They obviously love Matheiu, Dirty Dan and Thornhill, but then bringing in Tedric Thompson and Adrian Colbert says an awful lot about Watts IMO
[Reply]
Mecca 11:21 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I would say Armani Watts is the most likely surprise cut. They obviously love Matheiu, Dirty Dan and Thornhill, but then bringing in Tedric Thompson and Adrian Colbert says an awful lot about Watts IMO
Watts is basically Sorenson if he pans out, they had 0 safeties after Thornhill that could play the centerfield role that explains the new guys.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:23 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
I would be a bit surprised if they cut O'Daniel. We don't really have very many LBs on the roster now.
And he's a 3-phase STer.

I think Toub still has a lot of say in those last few roster spots. If you're a fringe player and have demonstrated STs chops, you're gonna get a lot of rope.

I wouldn't be shocked, but I think it's more likely than not he sticks around.
[Reply]
TRR 11:26 AM 09-04-2020
Watts and O’Daniel. Both seem to be solid special teams guys. Seem to make plays when they get on the field, were highly productive in college, and are both fairly high draft picks. Those two I just cannot figure out. The athletic traits are there...the work they put in, or the football smarts must just be lacking.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:33 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Who’s your surprise cut?
Damn, i don't know. I'm not sure there will be any "surprises". Maybe Breeland Speaks?

Talked about names that i think won't be on the 53:

Matt Moore
Deon Yelder
Marcus Kemp/Jody Fortson
Bopete Keyes
Dorian O'Danial
Darwin Thompson (I hope, but i bet he makes it based on camp reports)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:35 AM 09-04-2020
Watts is basically Sorenson if he pans out, they had 0 safeties after Thornhill that could play the centerfield role that explains the new guys.
That’s the thing though. He hasn’t panned out. He barely got on the field last year and that was with Thornhill being out for the year in December.

I just don’t see the value he brings if he’s not getting on the field.

Sadly I think he’s done here
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:43 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by TRR:
Watts and O’Daniel. Both seem to be solid special teams guys. Seem to make plays when they get on the field, were highly productive in college, and are both fairly high draft picks. Those two I just cannot figure out. The athletic traits are there...the work they put in, or the football smarts must just be lacking.
Eh...Watts is a little below average in terms of athleticism, IMO.

Not quite a hard enough hitter for a box safety, not a good enough athlete for a high safety and not experienced/savvy enough for that sort of all-purpose role.

He's in a tough spot, but lack of depth at the position may keep him around.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:44 AM 09-04-2020
If Speaks, O’Daniel, and Watts get cut, then Nnadi will be the only player on the roster from the 2018 draft.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:49 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If Speaks, O’Daniel, and Watts get cut, then Nnadi will be the only player on the roster from the 2018 draft.
It wasn't a good draft.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:55 AM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh...Watts is a little below average in terms of athleticism, IMO.

Not quite a hard enough hitter for a box safety, not a good enough athlete for a high safety and not experienced/savvy enough for that sort of all-purpose role.

He's in a tough spot, but lack of depth at the position may keep him around.
Yeah, plus the injury history. Just not good enough, IMO.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:08 PM 09-04-2020
It wasn't a good draft.
Yeah - pretty much a write-off.

Probably better to just say that nobody bats 1.000 than to try to defend it at this point.

It was a lousy draft. Didn't have a lot of capital to begin with and ultimately didn't put it to very good use.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:14 PM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - pretty much a write-off.

Probably better to just say that nobody bats 1.000 than to try to defend it at this point.

It was a lousy draft. Didn't have a lot of capital to begin with and ultimately didn't put it to very good use.
That’s fair, but at the same time Veach made up for it a bit when he snagged Charvarious Ward who was part of that draft class but just wasn’t actually drafted.

Martinas Rankin was also in that draft and we have him on a rookie deal for 3 years so that helps in terms of depth.

But yeah that draft was not good overall. Kinda feel like it was the weakest draft class since 2013.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:18 PM 09-04-2020
That’s fair, but at the same time Veach made up for it a bit when he snagged Charvarious Ward who was part of that draft class but just wasn’t actually drafted.

Martinas Rankin was also in that draft and we have him on a rookie deal for 3 years so that helps in terms of depth.

But yeah that draft was not good overall. Kinda feel like it was the weakest draft class since 2013.
Don’t forget our 1st was used in the Mahomes trade. If that doesn’t make you feel better about it, nothing will.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:33 PM 09-04-2020
There are a few there that will make you shake your head like we took Speaks instead of Fred Warner that is a real oof these days.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:34 PM 09-04-2020
There are a few there that will make you shake your head like we took Speaks instead of Fred Warner that is a real oof these days.
Speaks had one year under Bob and a year on IR.

I know everybody is down about it but what if he blows up year 3? It can absolutely happen.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 64
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up