Page 44 of 112
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
-King- 05:01 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
That means you are keeping Sutton. You are also forgetting that we would have to pay Dee Ford on the franchise tag and Houston was going to cost $21 million on the cap. We got rid of those loser slackers to get Clark\HB\Breeland etc.
Why do you have to keep Sutton? What?

And yeah keeping Ford on the tag and Houston at his then contract would be better than this. We have Frank Clark $100! on top of the picks we spent for him. At this point even broke ass Dee Ford has more sacks than him this year. And now Clark is laughing and having a jolly good time while his team is getting blown out and he did nothing against a 3rd string left tackle.

You guys are just like the Seahawks and Packers fans who made excuses for mismanagement just because the team won the ring. Veach looks more and more like John Schneider everyday except that Schneider actually drafted his franchise QB.
[Reply]
-King- 05:04 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
The SB is obviously a distant memory for some people. Like it never even happened.

I'm so glad I'm not one of those people, it must really suck to go through life like that.
So when Mahomes got fucked up you were just smiling thinking of the Superbowl? I don't know why you guys think you can't be happy about winning the Superbowl and still be upset at the state of the team right now. How many years have to pass before we can start being critical of things?
[Reply]
Mecca 05:06 PM 10-24-2021
They're paying the price for bad drafts and not understanding positional value.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:14 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Why do you have to keep Sutton? What?

And yeah keeping Ford on the tag and Houston at his then contract would be better than this. We have Frank Clark $100! on top of the picks we spent for him. At this point even broke ass Dee Ford has more sacks than him this year. And now Clark is laughing and having a jolly good time while his team is getting blown out and he did nothing against a 3rd string left tackle.

You guys are just like the Seahawks and Packers fans who made excuses for mismanagement just because the team won the ring. Veach looks more and more like John Schneider everyday except that Schneider actually drafted his franchise QB.
If they would have paid Houston and Ford they wouldn't have been able to afford anybody else so most likely Reid would have stuck with Sutton in that case.

They decided to blow it all up and that was the right decision then and it won us a SB and got us to another SB.

I am willing to give Veach\Reid a pass this year but Veach at least will be on the clock next season. Reid isn't going anywhere until he decides to quit\retire.
[Reply]
-King- 05:17 PM 10-24-2021
If they would have paid Houston and Ford they wouldn't have been able to afford anybody else so most likely Reid would have stuck with Sutton in that case.

They decided to blow it all up and that was the right decision then and it won us a SB and got us to another SB.

I am willing to give Veach\Reid a pass this year but Veach at least will be on the clock next season. Reid isn't going anywhere until he decides to quit\retire.
Do you think coaches are paid out of the salary cap or something?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:23 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:

I don't think you trade the best TE in the league unless it's for a king's fortune. Same for Hill. It would also be foolish to trade some of our rising stars like Creed and Bolton. But other than PMII, everyone else is pretty expendable.
Correct. I’m not saying I would trade them, but they have a price I would accept.

It would take a lot for any of the guys you mentioned, but they at least have a price (albeit it very high price).

Mahomes has no price by contrast. There’s no offer that would be high enough.

If someone comes along and offers two firsts for Hill or a first and second for Kelce, you have to think long and hard about those before hanging up the phone (particularly given Kelce’s age). Not saying that will happen by any stretch.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:32 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Correct. I’m not saying I would trade them, but they have a price I would accept.

It would take a lot for any of the guys you mentioned, but they at least have a price (albeit it very high price).

Mahomes has no price by contrast. There’s no offer that would be high enough.

If someone comes along and offers two firsts for Hill or a first and second for Kelce, you have to think long and hard about those before hanging up the phone (particularly given Kelce’s age). Not saying that will happen by any stretch.
Total nonsense. Nobody would offer two 1s for Hill and we are not trading Kelce. No chance in hell they do any of this without Mahomes approval and he would never give it.
This team has a QB and young OL that will grow up and be good. They need to fix the DL and find a safety in the draft. Let HB walk with his big mouth and price tag.
[Reply]
FringeNC 05:35 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They're paying the price for bad drafts and not understanding positional value.
and trading picks for the right to pay a player market value. You really just can't make that Frank Clark trade from an economics point of view.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:57 PM 10-24-2021
Fuck Dee Ford with a cactus.

If Veach/Reid thought about keeping Ford for even a second, they both need a psychiatric evaluation
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:12 PM 10-24-2021
Do you think coaches are paid out of the salary cap or something?
Of course not but Ford\Houston was going to cost us almost $40 million in cap space so if we kept them then we couldn't go after other players. We replaced 8-9 starters in 2019 that helped us win a SB and get to another one. Not sure why anyone is whining because that wouldn't have happened with Sutton or the same guys on D with a new coach.
[Reply]
-King- 06:17 PM 10-24-2021
Of course not but Ford\Houston was going to cost us almost $40 million in cap space so if we kept them then we couldn't go after other players. We replaced 8-9 starters in 2019 that helped us win a SB and get to another one. Not sure why anyone is whining because that wouldn't have happened with Sutton or the same guys on D with a new coach.
This is so confusing. Since when does firing a coach depend on if you're getting new players or not?

So if the Chiefs decide to go with Kafka as the OC next year do they have to cut or trade Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:33 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Best22:
I feel like you’re forgetting just how much that SB meant

I’d take a broken back and broken neck for the SB (which we got). And we still had it in us to go 14-2, breeze through the AFC, and make the SB again
100% agree.

That defense we built was a big part of winning that super bowl. And making the second one. And we pulled a lot of strings to make that happen overnight. We switched from a bottom 5 3-4 into a legit top 10 4-3 defense overnight.

We are paying the price now for some of those decisions. Sure it would be nice for those guys to be good then AND now. But it's hard to get upset when they got the big part of the job done. No sweat, move on from them next year. That frees up a lot of options to improve this team.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:35 PM 10-24-2021
This is so confusing. Since when does firing a coach depend on if you're getting new players or not?

So if the Chiefs decide to go with Kafka as the OC next year do they have to cut or trade Mahomes, Hill, and Kelce?
What? Kafka will run Reid's offense. Spags on the other hand ran a totally different D than Sutton and needed very different players.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:45 PM 10-24-2021

I don't know why you keep harping on this all I did was mention in passing that if we were going to return most if not all starters on D I could see Reid sticking with Sutton since the players know his 3-4 scheme. don't think that is very controversial.

Very glad that they decided to blow it up and won a SB because of it. Wouldn't have won it with Ford\Houston on the team.
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:46 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
What? Kafka will run Reid's offense. Spags on the other hand ran a totally different D than Sutton and needed very different players.
yep
[Reply]
Page 44 of 112
« First < 344041424344 454647485494 > Last »
Up