ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 70
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:55 AM 12-21-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I prefer The Phantom Menace to ROTJ, which I guess indicates how I feel about that film.
Holy shit.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 09:54 AM 12-21-2016
So I saw R1 again last night. This time in IMAX 3D. The way they used 3D is pretty spectacular in my opinion. They didn't rely to heavily on it, but it did enhance several of the battle scenes, and looked really good in the space battle.

I paid a little more attention to the score this time, as many had complaints and I just didn't notice it the first viewing. It is a little underwhelming. There were times if felt almost like a John Williams score, but it just wasn't. It seemed to be more Michael Bay like, and rely on a few pitch changes for emphasis. Aside from a couple of moments, didn't really add any emotions to the movie.

The plot of this movie was still strong, and it was still entertaining the second viewing. I was able to catch glimpses of The Ghost, and Chopper. Even heard Chopper say hello as he was rolling off the screen.

Vader's final scene was still "most impressive."

Yeah, this movie is still good. Already pondering a third viewing in theaters.
[Reply]
sedated 11:59 AM 12-21-2016
He wore himself out, hence the Bacta tank before that event
I haven't followed the books or series so this may have been explained, but why would Vader be so physically weak while he is so powerful with the force? Yoda walked around with a cane but showed no signs of wearing down after a lengthy fight with Sidious
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:00 PM 12-21-2016
Originally Posted by sedated:
I haven't followed the books or series so this may have been explained, but why would Vader be so physically weak while he is so powerful with the force? Yoda walked around with a cane but showed no signs of wearing down after a lengthy fight with Sidious
Ehh, that little green guy got his *** kicked.

He could have jumped back into the fray if he wanted to. He chose to GTFO of dodge.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:30 PM 12-21-2016
Originally Posted by sedated:
Supposedly, using the Dark Side of the Force wears out one's body.

When Vader's helmet was removed in ROTJ, he was portrayed by an 86 year old actor when in reality, Anakin/Vader was only 45 years old when he died on the second Death Star.
[Reply]
Swanman 01:50 PM 12-21-2016
Supposedly, using the Dark Side of the Force wears out one's body.

When Vader's helmet was removed in ROTJ, he was portrayed by an 86 year old actor when in reality, Anakin/Vader was only 45 years old when he died on the second Death Star.
That is covered in numerous books. While not canon, they do provide a basis that is followed in the movies. In the Bane trilogy, the most powerful dark side users were pretty much rotted away.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 05:28 PM 12-21-2016
So a coworker friend brought up today a scene i had forgotten about in "AoTC"

The one where the mosquitos things handed the plans to the Death Star over to Count Dooku.

How can this be? I thought Jens dad invented the Death Star? Or was he only behind the planet killing weapon?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:03 PM 12-21-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So a coworker friend brought up today a scene i had forgotten about in "AoTC"

The one where the mosquitos things handed the plans to the Death Star over to Count Dooku.

How can this be? I thought Jens dad invented the Death Star? Or was he only behind the planet killing weapon?
Galen didn't design the DS, he fixed some key components.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:46 PM 12-21-2016
He wore himself out, hence the Bacta tank before that event
I believe it was more of more of an urgency-thing. Vader always lets the front-line troops go blasting their way in, while following closely behind( Echo Base etc. ). But in this case, the plans were literally a few seconds difference away from being able to take them right back before the Tantive went blasting off to hyperspace whereas in Epi 4, they've clearly captured the ship, and there's really no need to rush.

At that point, they can pretty much follow standard procedure.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 07:50 PM 12-21-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
I believe it was more of more of an urgency-thing. Vader always lets the front-line troops go blasting their way in, while following closely behind( Echo Base etc. ). But in this case, the plans were literally a few seconds difference away from being able to take them right back before the Tantive went blasting off to hyperspace whereas in Epi 4, they've clearly captured the ship, and there's really no need to rush.

At that point, they can pretty much follow standard procedure.
This was my thought. Only a shuttle and a couple of tie fighters went over to the rebel ship. Vader was in a hurry, so he only took a few stormtroopers with him and took care of business himself.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:54 AM 12-22-2016
So was this movie made in response to the death star weakness plot hole, or has this back story been around a long time? I found the movie to be frankly forgettable sans the last 30 minutes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:45 AM 12-22-2016
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I found the movie to be frankly forgettable sans the last 30 minutes.
I went and saw the movie a second time. I think that 3rd act may not be the most consequential and climatic act in Star Wars but it was one of the best, if not the best, Star Wars act put on film.

I think setting up the characters and their motivations to sacrifice themselves in the first two acts is essential for that payoff in act 3.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 07:43 PM 12-22-2016
Went and saw the movie today in XD at the local Cinemark Theater....I'm not a big 3D guy and for me it kind of takes away from the enjoyment for me.

That said....the XD experience at the local theater was exactly what I was looking for. (I have seen Dr. Strange and Sully in XD also)

In regards to the movie.....I really enjoyed it and liked that it tried to tie up some loose ends. I'm not as deep a Star Wars junkie like many on here so my dedication to the letter of the lore is not as deep as others. For entertainment value it was just what I was looking for....now I am even more excited about seeing the next in the series of the episode VIII.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:38 PM 12-22-2016
For me, the movie is pretty much "hey let's bop around in SW universe for 3/4's of the film" then, BAM; last quarter of the movie we get solid entertainment and tie-up the loose ends.

I would have paid the admission price for this movie just to watch the Vader content alone and make no mistake; Darth Vader is what sells and puts asses in the seats. Look closely at how Vader is woven in to EVERYTHING new.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:38 PM 12-22-2016
Just saw it. On the whole I really liked it and would welcome more "stories". I know it will never happen, but Shadows of the Empire would be great though it would be much harder to port over most of the original stories considering the limitations with how Fisher and Hamill have aged.

The issues I have:

Spoiler!

and

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 44 of 70
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up