ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 208
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*.* NEW- 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*
penguinz 01:44 PM 08-13-2014
I guess we filled up the old one... http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149

Welcome to 2014! Now get your ass in top physical condition!

No one else started it so here it is!

**From the 2013 Thread**

If you want to get back into lifting, or need a new lifting routine, START HERE:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi...inner_Programs

If you have questions about the SS programs, look here:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ

Keep in mind that you're a novice lifter for a longer period of time than you think you are. Novice lifting can last anywhere from a few months to a year or two, depending on how hard you hit the weights and where you started.

Once you've reached the point where you don't make regular progress on the SS program, you are ready to move on to the intermediate stage, which can last you for a good number of years. Find it HERE:

http://madcow.hostzi.com/5x5_Program/Linear_5x5.htm

If you're a very advanced lifter (many, many years of CONSISTENT weight training), then there are lot of programs out there, and which one you pick is simply a matter of preference. If you're really that advanced, you should know what works for you and what doesn't by this point.
[Reply]
loochy 11:20 AM 11-13-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Yes. Was just going to ask if anyone can recommend a pedometer? Or maybe an app? :-)

I've used Sparkpeople before to track food.
My wife likes her FitBit.

I use a Virgin HealthMiles pedometer that work pays for.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 11:46 AM 11-13-2014
I can't tell you exactly, no. But I can track everything I stuff in my pie hole for the next few days. Anything I told you beyond yesterday would be a guess.

I know some things I can do to cut added fat and calories, like not cook my steak in ghee.
Yeah keeping a food log would be a good start. Because you are already getting a good glucose dose, might not be a bad idea to start lowering your dietary carb intake. Insulin control is an important fat of fat loss, as it acts as sort of a 'light switch'. Switch [on], no fat burning. switch [off] fat burning. It's a bit of a umbrella statement/oversimplification, but plays a role nonetheless.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:40 PM 11-13-2014
Originally Posted by loochy:
My wife likes her FitBit.

I use a Virgin HealthMiles pedometer that work pays for.
I'm thinking about asking for the Fitbit for Christmas.
[Reply]
loochy 03:43 PM 11-13-2014
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I'm thinking about asking for the Fitbit for Christmas.
They have the traditional ones and now they have ones that look like little wristbands. Which one do you want?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:45 PM 11-13-2014
Originally Posted by loochy:
They have the traditional ones and now they have ones that look like little wristbands. Which one do you want?
The wristband one.

I think the part that interests me the most is the sleep tracker. My sleep is all fucked up.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:18 PM 11-13-2014
I was at the gym at 3am this morning.
[Reply]
Silock 08:33 PM 11-13-2014

I'm 5'10", 282. I'm open to suggestions. Please don't tell me "calories in vs. calories out," because while the math is sound, it's just not that simple for me. I'm very frustrated already, and that doesn't help me.
What is it about calories in vs. calories out that bothers you? You must at the very least start tracking everything you put in your body -- drinks, sweeteners, creamers in coffee, splenda, stevia ... EVERYTHING.

Then, once you we have a rough idea of what you're eating for your macronutrients, then we can talk about how to help you.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 08:41 PM 11-13-2014
Originally Posted by Silock:
What is it about calories in vs. calories out that bothers you? You must at the very least start tracking everything you put in your body -- drinks, sweeteners, creamers in coffee, splenda, stevia ... EVERYTHING.

Then, once you we have a rough idea of what you're eating for your macronutrients, then we can talk about how to help you.

What bothers me about that mantra is it isn't helpful. I'm so sick and tired of hearing it, and it seems like the most common fall back answer around here. I know I need to consume fewer calories and/or expend more.

I can track food, no problem.

But I have no way of even remotely measuring how much dialysate I absorb through the day. The average varies from 200-500 calories. Could be more, could be less from day to day.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:44 PM 11-13-2014
So, I've been working out at home and love it. I really hate driving to the gym in the freezing fucking cold, so, yay.

Only thing is...I'm worried about plateauing since I'm using the same weight constantly. Don't really feel like buying bigger weights because they are fucking expensive.

Anything I can do to make my lifts harder? Incline maybe?
[Reply]
loochy 08:46 PM 11-13-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:
So, I've been working out at home and love it. I really hate driving to the gym in the freezing ****ing cold, so, yay.

Only thing is...I'm worried about plateauing since I'm using the same weight constantly. Don't really feel like buying bigger weights because they are ****ing expensive.

Chains
rubber bands
more reps?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:50 PM 11-13-2014
Clay needs more carries.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:54 PM 11-13-2014
Good strenght straining program? I thinking of putting the physique shows on hold and shooting for my other bucket list goal of 405 bench.
[Reply]
luv 09:02 PM 11-13-2014
I work M-F, 8a-5p, and I'm on the machine every night from 8 p.m. to 6 a.m., give or take. I'm supposed to lose 40 pounds on a treatment all doctors and nutritionists say is hard enough just to maintain. I'm feeling very overwhelmed right now, and I don't really know where to start except by trying to get some exercise in - maybe during my lunch hour - and trying to choose lower-fat proteins (we tend to eat a lot of beef).
For me, simply cutting back my carbs (back, not out) and focusing on getting a certain amount of lean protein with each meal (I eat 5-6 times per day) was key. I used to simply count calories and stay under a certain amount. Period. I always felt hungry though. Once I started doing what I just mentioned, I found it hard to eat enough calories in a day. I also tried limiting my fat. However, I like cheese too much. :-)

Calories in v. calories out is the most basic equation for weight loss. However, what I learned is that it's not just the calories, but where the calories came from, that made the difference.
[Reply]
Silock 09:15 PM 11-13-2014
What bothers me about that mantra is it isn't helpful. I'm so sick and tired of hearing it, and it seems like the most common fall back answer around here. I know I need to consume fewer calories and/or expend more.

I can track food, no problem.

But I have no way of even remotely measuring how much dialysate I absorb through the day. The average varies from 200-500 calories. Could be more, could be less from day to day.
Step 1 is just to track your intake (note: Intake, not just food). Worry about the dialysate later.
[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:10 AM 11-14-2014
Originally Posted by Count Zarth:
So, I've been working out at home and love it. I really hate driving to the gym in the freezing ****ing cold, so, yay.

Only thing is...I'm worried about plateauing since I'm using the same weight constantly. Don't really feel like buying bigger weights because they are ****ing expensive.

Progression with rep range. If your getting 15-20 reps though, its time to hit up craigslist and buy some weights. I was able to get 500lbs of oly plates for $200. You can find great deals on craigslist for gym shit.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 208
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up