ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 59
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: Rebels
keg in kc 12:44 PM 05-20-2013
And here's our replacement for Clone Wars. Coming to Disney XD in fall 2014. Bridges the gap between Eps 3 and 4. Looks...very cool. Conceptually.

Bit more detail:
Originally Posted by Entertainment Weekly:
Star Wars Rebels, a one-hour animated pilot already in production at Lucasfilm, is scheduled to premiere in Fall 2014 on the Disney Channel before the new brand leaps to Disney XD for the ongoing series, according to Lucasfilm sources.

The series will mine material from the 19 years that follow Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and precede the Episode IV: A New Hope. In other words, using the life of the Skywalker twins as a measure, the series will be active in the story years that come after their separation as newborns and before their (unwitting) reunion on the prison level of the Death Star.

No word on whether the show will feature Darth Vader (who would be in the Empire’s power consolidation years and earning his reputation) or even pull in a character like Han Solo, the smuggler and cynic who becomes an unlikely freedom fighter when he opts to stand with his friends against cosmic odds. The title of the show is vaguely phrased in a way that any rebel — even a Boba Fett or Ahsoka Tano might qualify as a title character merely by walking an outsider’s path.

The series has three executive producers: Dave Filoni, the point man on The Clone Wars animated series that launched in 2008; screenwriter and producer Simon Kinberg, who has a flair for tonal rewiring and energizing familiar brands with new edge (e.g.: X-Men: First Class, Sherlock Holmes); and Greg Weisman, whose credits include well-regarded work on Young Justice and The Spectacular Spider-Man.

link

[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:09 PM 07-17-2016
Seriously, people think Mark dropped the bomb he dies in 8 just casually at a panel discussion. . .
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:09 PM 07-17-2016
Originally Posted by Dagnabit:
I think we're going to find only marginally, as time goes on.
I disagree
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:11 PM 07-17-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just as an aside - how monumentally difficult is it to keep ANYTHING a secret these days from a movie set, much less one of Star Wars' caliber? The thought of potential leaks has to keep directors and producers up all night worrying about it. I mean, a Luke vs. the Knights of Ren battle has to be one of the crescendos of the movie, and it's already leaked online? Things like that would drive me bat shit if I were in charge of it all...
There was a guy using a camera to film on a hilltop. That's a dedicated fan. Other than that, there's really not much known about Episode VIII, other than the few spoilers I've posted in the thread.

I think they're doing as well as they can in the internet age to keep things secret but yeah, it's crazy. Mark Hamill said that his script didn't indicate actors or characters but numbers. "Yeah, I'm filming with #22 today! He's twice as good as #11!".

That must be insane as an actor.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:11 PM 07-17-2016
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Seriously, people think Mark dropped the bomb he dies in 8 just casually at a panel discussion. . .
I think they like to fuck with us, sure.

Sooner or later they are gonna drop a bomb that people are gonna say "seriously, people think so and so dropped that bomb so casually" And then it comes out that they did...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:12 PM 07-17-2016
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
I disagree
Pablo Hidalgo and Simon Kinberg have already confirmed that more characters from the animated series will crossover into the live action films.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:13 PM 07-17-2016
There was a similar spoiler dropped at the Rogue One discussion panel, which Lucasfilm edited out.

It was caught by a few fans and exists in the panel discussion I just posted.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:13 PM 07-17-2016
I think they like to fuck with us, sure.

Sooner or later they are gonna drop a bomb that people are gonna say "seriously, people think so and so dropped that bomb so casually" And then it comes out that they did...
Sure, but the exception doesn't become the new rule.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:16 PM 07-17-2016
Sure, but the exception doesn't become the new rule.
Did it already happen?:-) like I said you guys know much more about this than me.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:17 PM 07-17-2016
Did it already happen?:-) like I said you guys know much more about this than me.
I don't recall a time when Pablo Hidalgo lied on Twitter.

He's a straight shooter. Same with Dave Filoni.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:18 PM 07-17-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't recall a time when Pablo Hidalgo lied on Twitter.

He's a straight shooter. Same with Dave Filoni.
I think I'm lost at this point lol.
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 12:28 PM 07-17-2016
Don't include me. I'm a casual fan by comparison to the "fans". I just passively see what's posted here, occasionally have browsed wookiepedia, or stories that happen to pop up in my rss. I might know 10x more than people who just watch the movies or shows, but I probably 1% of the geeks.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:36 PM 07-17-2016
Don't include me. I'm a casual fan by comparison to the "fans". I just passively see what's posted here, occasionally have browsed wookiepedia, or stories that happen to pop up in my rss. I might know 10x more than people who just watch the movies or shows, but I probably 1% of the geeks.
I'm about equal to half that even lol.
[Reply]
Shaid 04:37 PM 07-17-2016
I may have to start watching this. Grand Admiral Thrawn was one of my favorite characters back when I was reading Star Wars books over 20 years ago.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:01 PM 07-22-2016

[Reply]
keg in kc 03:40 PM 07-22-2016
Some interesting comments from Filoni regarding Thrawn and where they go with him (no details, just philosophical...), as well as, along the same lines, how the crew of the Ghost fits into the cinematic narrative (if they do at all...): http://io9.gizmodo.com/star-wars-reb...-th-1783929642
[Reply]
Page 44 of 59
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up