ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 56
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Media Center>Soprano's Season 6 discussion.........
Kylo Ren 02:35 PM 02-02-2006
My wife and I are excited about the upcoming season of Sopranos. We've been waiting for about 2 years for this next season. This show is addictive.

Originally, I missed the first few episodes of season one. I've never seen them. But HBO has been showing all of the Sopranos episodes in order lately. I started watching every episode, starting with season one, episode one about a month and a half ago. It's been great. I watch it every weekday night at 7pm. I'm picking up allot of stuff that I missed the first time around. Also, seeing the entire series from the beginning, in order, episode after episode is really making things more clear. There were some things that I was foggy about. There's such a long offseason between seasons that you can forget important details sometimes. The timing will be just right. I should finish the final episode just prior to March when the new season starts. I can't wait.

Discuss.......

After reading another Soprano's thread, the topic of SPOILERS came up. So I thought there should be some RULES about spoilers for this thread.

I would say that one should read and post at your own risk. We will bump this thread to the top after each episode and have a discussion of that episode. I don't know how you can have a discussion without revealing spoilers. I don't even know why they'd be considered spoilers if the episode has already aired and most of America has seen it. So, if you want to post a "spoiler warning" in your post, that's fine. But if you don't, no one should complain. If you haven't see the current episode, you should not read this thread until you have.

With that said, if you have some inside information about an upcoming episode that would be a spoiler, you SHOULD NOT post that on this thread. I can't imagine that happening, because the Soprano's producers gaurd their secrets like Fort Knox. But, if you know something about an upcoming episode, keep it to yourself until after the episode airs. This is really common sense stuff, but I thought it should be spelled out just to keep arguments to a minimum.
[Reply]
Pushead2 08:28 PM 06-10-2007
they already had mentioned a movie on multiple hollywood shows that the director would love to do.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:30 PM 06-10-2007
The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm leaning towards thinking that Tony got whacked.

Remember a couple of episodes back when he was talking to Bobby about getting whacked?

Something to the extent of "you probably don't see/hear it coming."

Thus, the instant black screen and lack of music during the credits.

Would also make the Meadow BS with the car a bit more relevenat, I guess. She walks in to the diner to see Tony killed.

:-)
[Reply]
Swanman 08:32 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
The more I'm thinking about it, the more I'm leaning towards thinking that Tony got whacked.

Remember a couple of episodes back when he was talking to Bobby about getting whacked?

Something to the extent of "you probably don't see/hear it coming."

Thus, the instant black screen and lack of music during the credits.

Would also make the Meadow BS with the car a bit more relevenat, I guess. She walks in to the diner to see Tony killed.

:-)
Knowing the awful writers, they probably needed to fill 30 seconds, so they added the Meadow parking scene and it really means nothing.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:33 PM 06-10-2007
I bet hbo.com is getting buried right now.

Server crash, anyone?
[Reply]
Chiefs_Mike_Topeka 08:34 PM 06-10-2007

Server crash, anyone?

It is really slow....... same reaction there as here.
[Reply]
Swanman 08:34 PM 06-10-2007

Server crash, anyone?
I just tried to pull it up and it's loading REALLY slowly. I just clicked on the Sopranos link and I get a "problem loading page" screen.
[Reply]
HolmeZz 08:34 PM 06-10-2007
Bobby observes that when getting killed, you "probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?".

Thus, nothing was heard.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:35 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Chiefs_Mike_Topeka:
It is really slow....... same reaction there as here.

Wow, they're actually still up and running.......
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:36 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by HolmeZz:
Bobby observes that when getting killed, you "probably don't even hear it when it happens, right?".

Thus, nothing was heard.
Yep.

See post 648.
[Reply]
ksushark 08:37 PM 06-10-2007
Wow, they're actually still up and running.......
Not for me...

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.hbo.com.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
[Reply]
penchief 08:40 PM 06-10-2007
Originally Posted by Swanman:
Knowing the awful writers, they probably needed to fill 30 seconds, so they added the Meadow parking scene and it really means nothing.
I think both of you are right. I think the show just loves playing with our heads. They wanted us to think the parking scene meant something just like the guy that walked in with AJ, the two black dudes, the redneck looking dude, and the Italian looking dude that sat at the counter and then went to the bathroom.

It's all designed to keep us hanging. Heck, I still wonder if Junior is just playing games. In a way, it's probably part of the reality of the show. Reality is fleeting and never ends up all neat and tidy. So why should story lines? However, I think the ending could have been more charitable after all the hanging they've left us doing throughout the run of the show. If Tony was killed I would like to have known for sure.
[Reply]
Otter 08:49 PM 06-10-2007
Haha [evil laugh] haha

David Chase is one jaded, mean, brilliant man. He just gave a big f-u to everyone that grew to love the criminals he portrayed into our living room on Sunday nights as well as to television in general.

I’m not disappointed because I really didn’t expect it to end any other way than my saying “WTF”.

There is no movie coming, no continuation of the The Sopranos (but you would watch if there was wouldn't you), that’s it. Thanks for coming and don’t forget to tip your waitress.

[/evil laugh]

I loved it

And using Phil’s head to save the kids…brilliant!
[Reply]
noa 09:11 PM 06-10-2007
My reaction immediately was that Tony was just shot by the guy who went to the bathroom. When we envision our deaths, we tend to think about how people will react to it, and we like to fantasize about that reaction. But the truth is, when we die, its just black nothingness. No reactions. No visions of Carmela crying and A.J. being covered in blood. Just silent black nothingness. That's just my opinion on the ending.
[Reply]
noa 09:16 PM 06-10-2007
I also thought that the last two episodes were filled with tension about Tony's possible death or arrest. And as you watch, you fear that these events will happen, and you think that if they do happen, they will be awful. I think what Chase was trying to show us is that we fear death so much, but in an odd way, death is more benign than our fears. You aren't just sitting around being dead and thinking about how awful that is. There's nothing.
Sorry, I just can't stop thinking about the episode....
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 09:16 PM 06-10-2007
Let me first say, I never watched the show until tonight.

The way he ended it left tons of possibilities.

If the show is from Tony's POV, the black likely symbolized that he was shot by the dude going into the bathroom. If he really said, you never see the bullet that kills you, that would tie into that.

If that's not the case, they left it open ended for a movie.

I think writing like this is genius. I know fans who have watched this show for years are pissed, but this is a great way to end a popular show because it keeps you wondering for hours, days or even weeks about what the hell just happened.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 56
« First < 344041424344 4546474854 > Last »
Up