ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 197
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:54 PM 03-23-2022
RIP

[Reply]
R8RFAN 12:54 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc:
From an outsiders perspective, this move made a lot of sense.

The key will be using the draft capital to adequately replace Hill.

If they can do that, good trade.

If not, bad trade.
i agree , now tell me who can adequately replace Hill and the problem is solved.
[Reply]
Bwana 12:55 PM 03-23-2022
Hmm? Well I'll hold back my judgement until I see exactly what's lined up on both sides of the ball, the first game of the season. I started looking at football from more of a business angle years ago and I don't get all choked up if a player, even a good player, gets traded. It's just business and we can't always keep every star on the team and expect dollars to pencil out. If Bart can hit some home runs on his draft picks to fill our numerous holes, we will be fine. One thing is for sure, this move is going to make the draft a lot more exciting.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

The Chiefs do not need to rebuild their offense. They need a couple young talented weapons.

That’s not a rebuild.
Yep. Considering Reid isn't going to run the ball more regardless of personnel, WR is the only position of need on offense.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:55 PM 03-23-2022
I mean trading guys at this point in their career is what long term success looks like.

Good luck with replacing him though. Once in a generation unique talent.

Now I wish Clay really had an insider. DK would be nice
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:55 PM 03-23-2022
The same folks who are pissed we didn't keep Tyreek and pay him $30/yr are the same folks who bitch that we have Sorenson and Niemann as backups. If you want the latter to change, you can't pay the majority of your cap to 5 players...
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:56 PM 03-23-2022
After all the moves made in the West.
KC shits the bed with Tyreek.

Guess I'll try and find away to Enjoy the sucking , enjoy Mahomes running around throwing picks.

You dnt pull a trick like this with a receiver that stands alone with Jerry Rice and Randy Moss.

Dnt see this as anything but the biggest mistake since KC tried the Patriots Way.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:56 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea because that’s the plan!

****ing moron.
Shut the fuck up staylor
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:56 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
Wasted season coming up.
Maybe, most likely if we rely on the draft.

Originally Posted by TEX:
Stupid to have traded Tyreek.
Nope, had to be done. $30M per for a WR is nonsense.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:56 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I mean trading guys at this point in their career is what long term success looks like.

Good luck with replacing him though. Once in a generation unique talent.

Now I wish Clay really had an insider. DK would be nice
Oddly enough, that stupid troll might accidentally predict the DK Metcalf trade.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by jallmon:
Adversely! But we still have Patrick Mahomes, Mecole Hardman, and Travis Kelce to help the younguns along. It will be exciting to watch how our playcalling morphs with the new blood. And with our newly renovated defense, we won't be having to drop 40 points on these fucking clowns every week.
:-) :-) :-)

Mauling O-Line, and we couldn't get EB/Reid to run the ball with the 'Gals dropping 25 into coverage. And out last best hope for anything other than scrambling and chucking was Reid remembering how well 'Reek ran jet sweeps.

[Reply]
-King- 12:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I really think that's been veachs play. We aren't desperate to attack the primary market. Let's attack the secondary market. Most teams have outblown their wads. We can do some real damage here. Jujus insanely cheap contract is a good example of that.
If you need to trade your 2nd best player in order to attack the secondary market, you're doing a bad job of managing shit.

I understand that we might not be able to get the big time FAs, but needing to trade Tyreek just so we can sign a bunch of Deon Bush's and what?...Jadeveon Clowney if we're lucky, just makes no sense to me.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Russ wanted out because Carrol is a dinosaur that wants to run his offense through the RB's.

Not because they couldn't draft.
Yeah he was really happy with their shitty personnel moves :-)

Originally Posted by :
A player known for carefully measuring every word uttered publicly used the occasion of a media conference call to celebrate winning the NFL Man of the Year Award to candidly admit his frustration over being hit as often as he had been during his Seahawks career.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...success/?amp=1
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I really think that's been veachs play. We aren't desperate to attack the primary market. Let's attack the secondary market. Most teams have outblown their wads. We can do some real damage here. Jujus insanely cheap contract is a good example of that.
Juju's contract is insanely cheap this year but that money counts against the cap next year. Now we're less in need of that immediate cap relief. We didn't win by getting JuJu on a 1yr 10.75mm deal. We would've won had we gotten him on a 3-year deal with that AAV.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
i agree , now tell me who can adequately replace Hill and the problem is solved.
No one player can replace him, but a young WR or two and a much improved defense can.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 197
« First < 344041424344 454647485494144 > Last »
Up