ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 438 of 464
« First < 338388428434435436437438 439440441442448 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:40 PM 06-15-2023
US Open set up is a joke this week. Way too easy for these guys.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:43 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Mike Jones ruined US Open setups and his replacement, Reg Jones, is just as bad.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:03 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Mike Jones ruined US Open setups and his replacement, Reg Jones, is just as bad.
Fowler has 10 birdies in 17 holes. Are they playing the Travelers?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:09 PM 06-15-2023
It looks like both Fowler and Schauffele are going to set the major championship record for low score today (62).
[Reply]
BWillie 02:15 PM 06-15-2023
I don't like the US Open generally - or the British. Basically any place where luck is amplified I think is dumb. One thing where luck is a huge factor is rough. You are at the mercy of if your lie is good or not. You can just continually get fucked or lucky and get good lies. Same thing with wind.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:18 PM 06-15-2023
It looks like both Fowler and Schauffele are going to set the major championship record for low score today (62).
Meh. While I think this is a lower tier course for a US Open all that matters for a good golf tournament is does the set up reward good shots? It can be a great competition if the course rewards good shots but people still go low and it can be a terrible competition for golf if all the guys are over par and it doesn't reward good shots as much and luck becomes a bigger factor.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:19 PM 06-15-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't like the US Open generally - or the British. Basically any place where luck is amplified I think is dumb. One thing where luck is a huge factor is rough. You are at the mercy of if your lie is good or not. You can just continually get ****ed or lucky and get good lies. Same thing with wind.
Seems like there is a simple solution to that problem. Stay out of the rough and don't even risk getting unlucky.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:21 PM 06-15-2023
Meh. While I think this is a lower tier course for a US Open all that matters for a good golf tournament is does the set up reward good shots? It can be a great competition if the course rewards good shots but people still go low and it can be a terrible competition for golf if all the guys are over par and it doesn't reward good shots as much and luck becomes a bigger factor.
You can have a setup that rewards good shots where par is a good score rather than birdie. That's generally what a US Open is supposed to be instead of same birdie fest seen on tour every single other week of the year.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:23 PM 06-15-2023
There should be a difference between a good golf tournament and the national championship.

"Are you trying to embarrass the best players in the world?"

"No, we're trying to identify them."

Bad shots should be brutally punished in the US Open.

All of these setups with massive fairways are always turkey shoots. Same as that fucking joke Erin Hills.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:25 PM 06-15-2023
All of these setups with massive fairways are always turkey shoots. Same as that ****ing joke Erin Hills.
That's the other problem. I'm not even sure how much the USGA could even do to fix this the rest of the week given how large the fairways are.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:28 PM 06-15-2023
One guy in the history of majors shot 62, and we are one par away from two guys doing it in the first half of day 1.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:30 PM 06-15-2023
There should be a difference between a good golf tournament and the national championship.

"Are you trying to embarrass the best players in the world?"

"No, we're trying to identify them."

Bad shots should be brutally punished in the US Open.

All of these setups with massive fairways are always turkey shoots. Same as that fucking joke Erin Hills.
Then instead of rough and dumb fairway bunkers, more hazards and ob. That is how you help eliminate luck.

For example, just yesterday me and my buddy hit our drives to the same spot. Within 4 yards from reach other. My lie was ball completely buried. His was perfect lie. I had to hack a Gap wedge out from 160 and barely got it 100 yards. He hit a easy 9i onto the green. Thick rough is lazy and stupid. Hazards and OB good because if you lose your drive or shot it effects all players exactly the same.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:44 PM 06-15-2023
Graduated rough is what you're looking for, but over the course of one event, luck will not even put.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:47 PM 06-15-2023
Graduated rough is what you're looking for, but over the course of one event, luck will not even put.
I would be a huge proponent for smaller fairways and much larger ring of secondary rough. Aesthetically that would probably piss some people off. Then taper off the thick rough the further you go away. In reality that is extremely difficult to do as it sometimes depends on the terrain in certain areas how the rough grows in.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:03 PM 06-15-2023
380 off the tee and people don't want them to roll back the ball.
[Reply]
Page 438 of 464
« First < 338388428434435436437438 439440441442448 > Last »
Up