ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 163
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Coach 12:39 PM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You know I've never killed anything well outside of spiders and bugs.
Never shot up or shoot a arrow at a live raccoon, who was terrorizing your property?
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 02:34 PM 11-17-2008
I ended a 4 year dry spell Saturday, took a nice little 3 by 3. It's a long story, but getting that deer was a huge lift...almost shed a tear as a matter of fact. Just finished butchering him in my garage...looking forward to some venison!
[Reply]
kstater 03:48 PM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by Duck Dog:
Bird hunters should appreciate these. Almost 300 for 2 days of hard work. Took a month off to rehab my shoulder.
So you're the MF'er that doesnt let many get all the way down here. :-)
[Reply]
kstater 03:53 PM 11-17-2008
Missed a good 8 point this morning. Still pissed at myself.
[Reply]
bogey 04:47 PM 11-17-2008
I've turned into the old Uncle that chaperones all the noob hunters wanting to go hunting for their first time. Saturday morning my neice got her first buck. Took two nephews out Sunday but it was too windy. Me...I drank gin Saturday and Sunday night. It was good to be home.
[Reply]
PastorMikH 05:45 PM 11-17-2008
Originally Posted by kc rush:
I'm starting to work with some advertisers in the hunting industry and was wondering if anyone here was into reloading? I've found some magazines, sites and forums that talk to the reloading audience but was wondering if anyone here had a favorite or two?

I reload, but I stick with manuals and printed data. Even for my Ackleys there's data out there. You just never know how safe the loads are some guys develop. Seriously, there are some real dufases on BBs, what if the load you are looking at was posted by the biggest dufas on that site and you are new to the site and don't know he's the village idiot?
[Reply]
smittysbar 12:05 AM 11-18-2008
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
north of spfld. theyve been moving at night. been out to smoke and pee, every night since tuesday ive had deer in the pasture. only ones i see during the day are in a big time hurry to be somewhere else.

edit- lots and lots and lots of turkeys.
This

Originally Posted by PastorMikH:
Say, you aren't one of those green hunters that put an extra handful of Old Spice on 'cause you heard the Deer were "in the mood" this time of year are you? 'Cause if you were, and you did, that might explain why you didn't see anything.

:-)
LOL, no that's not me :-) Could be the stale beer smell from the night before though.

I'm starting to work with some advertisers in the hunting industry and was wondering if anyone here was into reloading? I've found some magazines, sites and forums that talk to the reloading audience but was wondering if anyone here had a favorite or two?
I reload, but I don't get my info off the web

I reload, but I stick with manuals and printed data. Even for my Ackleys there's data out there. You just never know how safe the loads are some guys develop. Seriously, there are some real dufases on BBs, what if the load you are looking at was posted by the biggest dufas on that site and you are new to the site and don't know he's the village idiot?
This
[Reply]
kc rush 08:39 AM 11-20-2008
I'm doing work with a reload product manufacturer and they have a reloading data center on their site that they are interested in promoting (of course using their products). I have found several good hunting and shooting sports sites where it would make some sense to advertise, I wasn't sure if anyone had any favorites. Are there any message boards that I should consider?
[Reply]
PastorMikH 09:53 AM 11-20-2008
I'm doing work with a reload product manufacturer and they have a reloading data center on their site that they are interested in promoting (of course using their products). I have found several good hunting and shooting sports sites where it would make some sense to advertise, I wasn't sure if anyone had any favorites. Are there any message boards that I should consider?

There's a hunting thread on this one sports BB I frequent...

Are you at liberty to say which company? I use a lot of Hodgdon products myself with some IMR and Alliant.
[Reply]
kstater 08:52 PM 11-21-2008
Duck season opens in the morning down here. Have any of you "northerners" had any success so far? Had to (rarely for me) go to my plan "C" for the morning. First group of people I scheduled for( didn't think it was going to happen from the get go[had "10 people" lined out for a honey hole] fell through), plan "B" filled out as I was waiting for "A" to come through. Thankfully did some scouting on my own yesterday and found a spot I think will be good, and found a straggler to go with me(never go duck hunting alone).
[Reply]
Duck Dog 09:15 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by kstater:
Duck season opens in the morning down here. Have any of you "northerners" had any success so far? Had to (rarely for me) go to my plan "C" for the morning. First group of people I scheduled for( didn't think it was going to happen from the get go[had "10 people" lined out for a honey hole] fell through), plan "B" filled out as I was waiting for "A" to come through. Thankfully did some scouting on my own yesterday and found a spot I think will be good, and found a straggler to go with me(never go duck hunting alone).
Are you hunting around Milford or Tuttle?
[Reply]
Duck Dog 09:17 AM 11-24-2008
My great buddy from Clay Center Kansas killed this buck Friday night 11/21/08. Main beams= 28 1/2 in. G2's 13 in. Spread 23 in. Base 6 1/2 in. 17 total points. Green scores over 200.
Attached: Abes bow kill 2008 1.jpg (34.4 KB) Abes bow kill 2008 2.jpg (32.7 KB) Abes bow kill 2008 3.jpg (36.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:19 AM 11-24-2008
Ribshot!
[Reply]
Duck Dog 09:46 AM 11-24-2008
It was a quartering away from him. Actually it was a very nice lung shot.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:10 AM 11-24-2008
Originally Posted by Duck Dog:
My great buddy from Clay Center Kansas killed this buck Friday night 11/21/08. Main beams= 28 1/2 in. G2's 13 in. Spread 23 in. Base 6 1/2 in. 17 total points. Green scores over 200.

Thats the type of deer I would love to get someday.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 163
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up