Page 43 of 112
« First < 333940414243 444546475393 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Best22 03:41 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
You don't have to sell out when you were literally 1 inch away from the Superbowl the previous year. Stop it.
An inch away from a SB appearance against a team that had literally dropped 54 points on us in the regular season

Our defense was total trash and they did whatever it took to fix it so we could win our first SB in 50 years

If we didn’t go all in and narrowly lost two SBs, fans would be saying how we were fools to not “go for it” with Mahomes on a cheap contract.

KC swung for the fences and won a SB. Sure, we might’ve broken a window or two outside the stadium but it was a homer, and that’s priority number one when you haven’t had a “homer” in 50 years
[Reply]
-King- 03:46 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The Chiefs don’t win the Super Bowl without Veach changing the entire defense in 2019.

They held Watson to 7 points in the last 3 quarters, stopped Henry in his tracks making him a non-factor and were money in the Super Bowl.

The 2018 defense doesn’t do that. No way in hell are you convincing me otherwise
If you replace Berry with Matheiu and Scandrick with Breeland, why wouldn't the 2018 team be a lot better? And you still have a first round pick and $100 million left over to do whatever the hell else you want. You're telling me that the defense wouldn't have been better with those changes then and now?

Chiefs already had an elite pass rush. Their defensive backs sucked dick though other than Peters. So if the pass rush didn't get home, it was an automatic completion. Tell me how adding Mathieu and Breeland doesn't change that. And you can still add Pennel for run defense. And then still be able to add a piece through the draft.
[Reply]
-King- 03:47 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Best22:
An inch away from a SB appearance against a team that had literally dropped 54 points on us in the regular season

Our defense was total trash and they did whatever it took to fix it so we could win our first SB in 50 years

If we didn’t go all in and narrowly lost two SBs, fans would be saying how we were fools to not “go for it” with Mahomes on a cheap contract.

KC swung for the fences and won a SB. Sure, we might’ve broken a window or two outside the stadium but it was a homer, and that’s priority number one when you haven’t had a “homer” in 50 years
You can hit a Homer without breaking your back on the swing. That's what we did. We hit that Homer. But broke out back doing it and now we're suffering because of that broken back.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:52 PM 10-24-2021
At least we won a title. We all want the dynasty, but we still got one. Most of us thought we’d never see the day. It’s crazy how quick we forget.

Anyway, there’s a strong argument to never give a big contract to a DL unless it’s an Aaron Donald (all time elite level with no flaws). It’s probably smarter to keep the DL young and deep. Don’t rely on 2 stars with a bunch of okay players. Shoot for 4-6 good players and either tag/trade elite guys or let them walk for comp picks. Giving Clark and Jones big money has backfired tremendously. Also, don’t change positions for any top 5 players at their position. If you need a DE, get a DE.

I’m not seeing an argument to give Brown or Mathieu an extension. It’s probably for the best to either tag/trade or let them walk.

Finally, only Mahomes is guaranteed a spot. Anyone else can be traded for the right price. We’ve had a great run, but I think it’s time to move on the second phase of the Mahomes era. I’m certain the roster will look very different next year.
[Reply]
TEX 03:59 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
At least we won a title. We all want the dynasty, but we still got one. Most of us thought we’d never see the day. It’s crazy how quick we forget.

Anyway, there’s a strong argument to never give a big contract to a DL unless it’s an Aaron Donald (all time elite level with no flaws). It’s probably smarter to keep the DL young and deep. Don’t rely on 2 stars with a bunch of okay players. Shoot for 4-6 good players and either tag/trade elite guys or let them walk for comp picks. Giving Clark and Jones big money has backfired tremendously. Also, don’t change positions for any top 5 players at their position. If you need a DE, get a DE.

I’m not seeing an argument to give Brown or Mathieu an extension. It’s probably for the best to either tag/trade or let them walk.

Finally, only Mahomes is guaranteed a spot. Anyone else can be traded for the right price. We’ve had a great run, but I think it’s time to move on the second phase of the Mahomes era. I’m certain the roster will look very different next year.
Yes. And the sooner the front office realizes this the better. With a Franchise QB, you can retool instead of completely rebuild. But that does not mean keep guys that are underperforming.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:02 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Yes. And the sooner the front office realizes this the better. With a Franchise QB, you can retool instead of completely rebuild. But that does not mean keep guys that are underperforming.
Who have they kept?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:05 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
My biggest criticism of Veach is that each offseason feels a bit like a pendulum. It’s like we way over-correct our main flaw, which leads to some other area becoming that main flaw the next season.

Allocating too many resources to one spot seems to be a mistake. At least, when you have a franchise elite QB.

I’m fine without a major defensive rebuild. We can’t ignore the offense. Im completely fine with shooting for an insane elite offense and average (or slightly below) defense.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:08 PM 10-24-2021
If you replace Berry with Matheiu and Scandrick with Breeland, why wouldn't the 2018 team be a lot better? And you still have a first round pick and $100 million left over to do whatever the hell else you want. You're telling me that the defense wouldn't have been better with those changes then and now?

Chiefs already had an elite pass rush. Their defensive backs sucked dick though other than Peters. So if the pass rush didn't get home, it was an automatic completion. Tell me how adding Mathieu and Breeland doesn't change that. And you can still add Pennel for run defense. And then still be able to add a piece through the draft.
That means you are keeping Sutton. You are also forgetting that we would have to pay Dee Ford on the franchise tag and Houston was going to cost $21 million on the cap. We got rid of those loser slackers to get Clark\HB\Breeland etc.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:12 PM 10-24-2021
Veach has taken some huge swings, and I appreciate the balls. I really do.

some of them have been misses. Some merely basehits.

But it's time to gut the defense of any and all big salary guys as soon as possible, and the defensive staff, and start over. This time, I would suggest less huge salary guys and more mid-priced, solid FA types. I'd rather two Ogbahs than one Clark.

We need a stud DE, and we need a LT. This will be an interesting draft, and I'll bet we're in there around the middle of the round.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:14 PM 10-24-2021
No one here would be happy if we gave that broke dick Dee Ford $20 million. He hasn't been healthy in 3 years and the Chiefs knew he was a broke dick plus he lost us a chance to go to the SB.

Just revisionist history bs.
[Reply]
oldman 04:25 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

I'm going to agree with most of your post. Givng Clark and Jones big money was, in hindsight, wrong, but we all thought it was the right thing to do at the time. What pisses me off most is we paid Jones to be a force on the inside, not let him live his dream.

At this point, I'm out on Mathieu. We pay you to be a stud, not a drama queen. I'd think about Brown, but not a LT and the money for one. Play RT, get RT money, groovy. Otherwise, buh-bye.

I don't think you trade the best TE in the league unless it's for a king's fortune. Same for Hill. It would also be foolish to trade some of our rising stars like Creed and Bolton. But other than PMII, everyone else is pretty expendable.
[Reply]
Best22 04:30 PM 10-24-2021
You can hit a Homer without breaking your back on the swing. That's what we did. We hit that Homer. But broke out back doing it and now we're suffering because of that broken back.
I feel like you’re forgetting just how much that SB meant

I’d take a broken back and broken neck for the SB (which we got). And we still had it in us to go 14-2, breeze through the AFC, and make the SB again
[Reply]
TLO 04:37 PM 10-24-2021

I’d take a broken back and broken neck for the SB (which we got). And we still had it in us to go 14-2, breeze through the AFC, and make the SB again
3 straight AFC Championship Games. Back to back Super Bowl appearances. (1 win)

We have become spoiled as Chiefs fans. This team is not anywhere close to what we were accustom to, but they're not HORRIBLE.

I wish I would have enjoyed the last few seasons more.
[Reply]
Mulliganman 04:42 PM 10-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Veach has taken some huge swings, and I appreciate the balls. I really do.

some of them have been misses. Some merely basehits.

But it's time to gut the defense of any and all big salary guys as soon as possible, and the defensive staff, and start over. This time, I would suggest less huge salary guys and more mid-priced, solid FA types. I'd rather two Ogbahs than one Clark.

We need a stud DE, and we need a LT. This will be an interesting draft, and I'll bet we're in there around the middle of the round.
Nice post. That’s kinda where I’m expecting us to fall in the draft and we should be in position to get an impactful player that can contribute Day 1. Let’s hope like hell another NFL franchise hires EB so we can get some comp picks for him. Probably tag Brown or HB and try to move them for whatever you can get..

But I think Reid will have to not be coming back to get rid of Spags though..
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 04:43 PM 10-24-2021

The SB is obviously a distant memory for some people. Like it never even happened.

I'm so glad I'm not one of those people, it must really suck to go through life like that.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 112
« First < 333940414243 444546475393 > Last »
Up