ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 65
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Lamar Jackson wasn't, isn't, and never will be better than Patrick Mahomes
Wallcrawler 09:14 AM 01-16-2020
This "Lamar Jackson is in the same league as Mahomes" nonsense on every football related show I see needs to stop.

Lamar Jackson, on the biggest stage, has now shit down his leg in both opportunities. Lamar is a player who has to have everything around him working perfectly to have success. Put him down 2 scores and ask him to carry the team, he cannot answer the bell.

There's a big difference between a running quarterback, and a quarterback who can run. Lamar Jackson and The Ravens ran 88 plays and put up 12 points.

Jackson attempted 59 passes, only threw one touchdown, but also threw two picks and lost a fumble. 12 points on 59 pass attempts should tell you all you need to know about Lamar as a QB when the lights are the brightest.

Nobody would bat an eye if before the game, soneone told us Pat would put the ball up 59 times. Matter of fact, id be pretty excited to see how many points and yards he would put up in that span of plays.

When things got bad for both QBs, you saw the odds on favorite to win the MVP this year get visible frustrated, press, and ultimately fold. He was nowhere to be seen trying to work out what was happening, rallying his team, he simply pouted on the sideline as his team fell further behind.

The reigning MVP had literally no quit. Its one thing to say after the fact, that we had faith all along, its quite another for that to be true.

Down 24, think about that for a moment. 24. Mahomes is captured, in that moment on the sideline saying we have everything we want. Everyones already counted us the **** out, so go do something special.

Then, to walk the walk after talking the talk, leading the team to 7 straight touchdowns and 8 scoring drives, throwing 5 touchdown passes, and displaying a fiery emotion that if you dont feel anything when you see this kid going nuts after a huge play, call the coroner, because youre already dead.

The two qbs could not be further apart. Jackson cannot hold Mahomes jock when it comes to putting the team on his back.

Lamar should consider signing with KC as a running back. Its the only way barring injury to Mahomes, that hes ever getting a ring.

Mahomes is the MVP. Its not even close. Lamar is a running back executing the halfback pass play about 20-25 times a game.

Jacksons first two years have ended with dud playoff performances.

Mahomes first two years as a starter sees his team hosting back to back AFC title games for a frachise that in its entire history never hosted a single one before he arrived.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:53 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:

I love that Jackson keeps working on his skills and makes the dumbasses that hate on him look like genuine ****ing bozos that do not know shit about tackle football as it is played in the National Football League.
Ah again jettio setting himself apart from all of us with his superior knowledge of tackle football at the NFL level.

Funny how a guy with such vast ****ing knowledge would so easily forget that this is not the first time Lamar Jackson has set the league on fire in the regular season. He would go on to put up the most utterly pathetic display of "tackle football at the NFL level" we have seen in some time from the qb position in a home divisional playoff against the vaunted Ryan Tannehill and the Tennessee Titans.

88 plays, 12 points, 2 picks, lost fumble.

This was his mvp season, where he led the league in td passes, keep that in mind.

Last year, he won a playoff game finally, getting revenge on the legendary Ryan tannehill, utterly DOMINATING the contest with. 74.8 qb rating on his way to getting sacked 5 times, going 17/24 for a WHOPPING 179 yards and no tds. Somewhere, Alex Smith shed a tear.

Buffalo pushed his shit in as he was sacked 3 times, picked off once and threw for a staggering 162 yards.

Yes jettio, tell all of the bozos that don't understand tackle football as it is played at the NFL level how much more these regular season displays tell the story, over his complete and utter inability to perform anywhere remotely close to this level in post season, because true quarterback play is needed in these games, not just a running back that can throw the football.

If the Ravens are interested in exciting regular seasons, pay the guy.

Lamar is going to hold out for guaranteed money the Ravens aren't going to pay, and he'll be forced to avoid major injury for two franchise tag years, which he's already stated he's prepared to do.

If I'm the Ravens, I'm playing the odds. Lamar will eventually get hurt and when he does, there goes his abilities, and they'll have fielded an exciting team at a bargain in comparison to what he wants.

Offering a qb that plays this style a guaranteed contract is just asinine.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:43 AM 09-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If he went to FA he'd probably be the top FA target in NFL history. The bidding war would be spectacular. And remember what a mediocre guy like Cousins was able to do when he hit the market unencumbered. Cousins has made $150 million in 5 years since he hit FA. And he just keep cashin' them checks.
Just imagine the teams lining up for him. Biggest bidding war in NFL history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:51 PM 10-31-2022
that aint gonna help

#Ravens coach John Harbaugh said WR Rashod Bateman will be out a few weeks with a foot injury. It was more serious than they originally believed.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 31, 2022

[Reply]
scho63 04:45 PM 10-31-2022
Let's just close this thread and move on since this debate is settled. Sorry Lamar.
[Reply]
Rausch 05:00 PM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Let's just close this thread and move on since this debate is settled. Sorry Lamar.
It never was a debate...
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:30 PM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Never was a debate. Even his own organization knows. The Chiefs couldn't give Mahomes half a billion dollars fast enough.

The Ravens don't want to pay this dude.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:35 PM 10-31-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Never was a debate. Even his own organization knows. The Chiefs couldn't give Mahomes half a billion dollars fast enough.

The Ravens don't want to pay this dude.
I don't think it's that simple. Mahomes went super easy on the Chiefs when it comes to guaranteed money, whereas Lamar is wanting the whole contract guaranteed like Kirk Cousins, Aaron Rodgers, & Deshaun Watson.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:57 PM 10-31-2022
I think Lamar's pretty much plateaued in his development as a QB. This is probably the best he'll ever be as a passer. And he's become a much better passer than he was in his rookie year.

The problem is that Jimmy G. is a better passer than Lamar Jackson. And no one is going to pay a QB that can't outperform Jimmy $50M a year.

It's probable, if that's true, that BAL simply is unwilling to pay the market price for an obviously limited passer. Because once his legs start to slow or if he gets injured. Because if he gets hurt, he's not a good enough passer to run the offense.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:03 AM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I don't think it's that simple. Mahomes went super easy on the Chiefs when it comes to guaranteed money, whereas Lamar is wanting the whole contract guaranteed like Kirk Cousins, Aaron Rodgers, & Deshaun Watson.
Mahomes knew he didn't have to get if guaranteed because he knew he'd be good and most likely healthy.

Lamar knows he's gotta get it all guaranteed because of his inevitable career ruining injury. He knows his play won't keep up and he's not getting any better
[Reply]
crispystl 05:24 AM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think Lamar's pretty much plateaued in his development as a QB. This is probably the best he'll ever be as a passer. And he's become a much better passer than he was in his rookie year.

The problem is that Jimmy G. is a better passer than Lamar Jackson. And no one is going to pay a QB that can't outperform Jimmy $50M a year.

It's probable, if that's true, that BAL simply is unwilling to pay the market price for an obviously limited passer. Because once his legs start to slow or if he gets injured. Because if he gets hurt, he's not a good enough passer to run the offense.

The Ravens front office witnessing what’s going on Denver probably isn’t helping Lamar’s cause. No one want to get themselves into a debacle like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:45 AM 11-01-2022
Man, if I was the Ravens I would've traded him. Crazy? I don't think so. You're not winning a SB with him. You could get a huge haul from some team that hasn't been able to even be relevant that would allow you to totally rebuild your team.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:02 AM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Mahomes knew he didn't have to get if guaranteed because he knew he'd be good and most likely healthy.

Lamar knows he's gotta get it all guaranteed because of his inevitable career ruining injury. He knows his play won't keep up and he's not getting any better
Patrick takes his fair share of big hits, which is not fun to watch. You’re right that he’s betting on himself to stay healthy. I don’t blame Lamar for wanting a lot more guaranteed cash. Deshaun Watson got $230M guaranteed despite his baggage. Cleveland has now set the market in a foolish way. Lamar and others should take advantage of it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:10 AM 11-01-2022
Lamar is a damn idiot. He wants more money than the dipshit Browns gave Watson. No team is going to do that for him. He will be beat up and washed Cam style at 33 and he can't win games with his arm and his brain. He should have been realistic and taken what they offered which was probably a massive pay raise and been done with it but greed has taken over. Problem is in his mind he's an elite QB but in reality he isn't. Media hype him because he's black and he has a winning record but no fan that watches football actually thinks he's going to get an SB win. Brown bolted to AZ because he knew Lamar will never get him the catches he needs to get a big contract.

Ravens no better. They see him every day and know what he is.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:13 AM 11-01-2022
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Media hype him because he's black and he has a winning record but no fan that watches football actually thinks he's going to get an SB win.
Media hype him because he's an elite talent, not because he's black. Issue is he's just elite at running. The guy got beat by WR's in a QB skill competition.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:34 PM 11-03-2022
well, baltimore is cooked

#Ravens WR Rashod Bateman will miss the rest of the season with his foot injury. Massive loss.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 3, 2022

[Reply]
Page 43 of 65
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up