ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 66
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- Let's talk about counting calories & routine
Simply Red 09:38 AM 03-29-2018
Hi Guys,

I'm up to a 36 waist - thanks to Del Taco and a few others. As well as eating pretty poorly over the last year, or so.

I'm on a strict regimen now and doing a three week diet and then merging it into a new way of life. I have a history of eating well (normally) - but, again; have been quite clumsy over the past year or so.

My plan is to limit myself to 1100 calories a day the first week, then up to 1200 the second week, and then stay on or around 1500 calories as the norm, with one cheat day per week.

After the third week - I'll get back into some sort of exercise, which too will be part of the new 'way of life'

In this thread I'd like to discuss food ideas for assisting myself (& others) with weight loss.

Since Monday I've not gone above 1100 calories/daily - I have eaten oatmeal, oranges, bananas, hard-boiled eggs and in closing, in the evening - I'll eat one of the Chick Fil A Spicy, grilled chicken wraps w/o dressing (350 cals)

I'm open to ideas - but the goal is - finding items that are a little less common and more creative.

Please assist at your leisure - anyone else need assistance or interested in jumping aboard, I welcome it.

Thanks again
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:53 PM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
What are you using to count calorie burn? Not trying to be critical but you couldnt likely burn more than 200 calories per mile even if you weighed 360lbs.

Here is a good link for reference. https://www.verywellfit.com/walking-...-miles-3887154
the under armour “track my walk” app that’s tied into the my fitness app. They state that’s its your weight/speed/distance covered that determines calories burned.

I use 2 lbs a week in the my fitness app as a goal. I’m consistently staying 800-1000 calories under the daily calorie goal. Without using any potential exercise calories that were burned off. So if it is off, doesn’t matter to me because l don’t use those calories. Those exercise calories at whatever the rate are just icing on the cake.

Should have lost 36 lbs so far according to the goal But, it’s 75 lbs.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:30 PM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
the under armour “track my walk” app that’s tied into the my fitness app. They state that’s its your weight/speed/distance covered that determines calories burned.

I use 2 lbs a week in the my fitness app as a goal. I’m consistently staying 800-1000 calories under the daily calorie goal. Without using any potential exercise calories that were burned off. So if it is off, doesn’t matter to me because l don’t use those calories. Those exercise calories at whatever the rate are just icing on the cake.

Should have lost 36 lbs so far according to the goal But, it’s 75 lbs.
What you are doing is working! Keep on keeping on!
[Reply]
Frosty 07:42 AM 05-02-2018
I ended up at only 131 calories yesterday. I was actually shooting for a 0 calorie down day but I was really cold yesterday morning and made some coffee to warm up. The calories are from the milk I put in it. My average weight had another decent drop down to 213.5 lbs.

I had horrible allergy symptoms last night - really sneezy, runny nose and my face and neck were bright red. I can find no reason for it as I hadn't eaten anything and the pollen hasn't started yet. I've seen discussion before where people have got allergy symptoms like hives out of the blue when losing weight so maybe that was it. I tried to Google it to see if there was any proof of that but there was too much "Food allergies are making you fat!" bullshit to wade through for the time I have so - maybe? I did hit a new low this morning of 211.2 (I now feel like listening to some Rush, for some reason).
[Reply]
wazu 07:56 AM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by Frosty:
I ended up at only 131 calories yesterday. I was actually shooting for a 0 calorie down day but I was really cold yesterday morning and made some coffee to warm up. The calories are from the milk I put in it. My average weight had another decent drop down to 213.5 lbs.

I had horrible allergy symptoms last night - really sneezy, runny nose and my face and neck were bright red. I can find no reason for it as I hadn't eaten anything and the pollen hasn't started yet. I've seen discussion before where people have got allergy symptoms like hives out of the blue when losing weight so maybe that was it. I tried to Google it to see if there was any proof of that but there was too much "Food allergies are making you fat!" bullshit to wade through for the time I have so - maybe? I did hit a new low this morning of 211.2 (I now feel like listening to some Rush, for some reason).
Saw a House episode where a kid got sick and was hospitalized. They discovered it was due to some toxin in the air in his home caused by a beehive in the wall. Figured he’d get better no problem, but kept getting worse and worse while in the hospital. House finally figured out it was because the kid wasn’t eating hospital food, causing him to burn fat. The toxins had been stored in his fat cells when they were produced.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:06 AM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by wazu:
Saw a House episode where a kid got sick and was hospitalized. They discovered it was due to some toxin in the air in his home caused by a beehive in the wall. Figured he’d get better no problem, but kept getting worse and worse while in the hospital. House finally figured out it was because the kid wasn’t eating hospital food, causing him to burn fat. The toxins had been stored in his fat cells when they were produced.
Termites.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:43 PM 05-02-2018
I'm about 6'2 230 2000 Cal's isn't enough I'm always starving gonna bump it up to 2300. Is that too much?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:04 PM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I'm about 6'2 230 2000 Cal's isn't enough I'm always starving gonna bump it up to 2300. Is that too much?
Are you still fat? Then that’s your answer.

You’re gonna have to be hungry at times to lose weight. Hard to get around that all the time. It’s ok to feel hungry.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:33 PM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Are you still fat? Then that’s your answer.

You’re gonna have to be hungry at times to lose weight. Hard to get around that all the time. It’s ok to feel hungry.
I've hovered around 220-230 the past few years. I'm getting a trainer for a few months to correct some things and be held accountable.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:40 PM 05-02-2018
I've hovered around 220-230 the past few years. I'm getting a trainer for a few months to correct some things and be held accountable.
How many days do you actually hit the 2000 mark and not over?

Be honest.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:59 PM 05-02-2018
How many days do you actually hit the 2000 mark and not over?

Be honest.
I would say 3 maybe 4. Closer to the weekend it goes up then by Friday/Saturday when I'm drinking all bets are off
[Reply]
lewdog 07:50 PM 05-02-2018
I would say 3 maybe 4. Closer to the weekend it goes up then by Friday/Saturday when I'm drinking all bets are off
So half the time you aren't meeting your calories to lose weight.

You don't need a trainer, you need some fucking willpower!!!
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:37 PM 05-02-2018
So half the time you aren't meeting your calories to lose weight.

You don't need a trainer, you need some ****ing willpower!!!
And admit he is probably 4" shorter than he claims.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:01 PM 05-02-2018
A personal trainer would help a lot. You should go that route. But don't be cheap though. Go for the best you can afford or you'll never lose weight
[Reply]
RunKC 09:07 PM 05-02-2018
Drink more water.
[Reply]
Frosty 07:40 AM 05-03-2018
Finished at just under 2500 calories yesterday. i honestly could have stopped at 2000 calories but decided on some dessert to round it out. Still had a big drop in my average weight - .3 lbs down to 213.2 lbs. i also love that my energy levels have come up quite a bit too. I've been going home after work and getting some projects done that I've been needing to do and putting off. After five years of fighting extreme fatigue, it's about time that it's changing.

I would also like to mention that my weight is dropping quickly on an 1800 calorie average and I am almost never hungry, even on down days. Just sayin'.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 66
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up