ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 63
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:46 AM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by sd4chiefs:
Thank you for pointing that out. I saw it last night (It was OK) and wasn't sure if it was the movie or I was going blind.
It was a very dark film. Especially the first 20-30 minutes. I guess they were trying to be different?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:08 AM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It was a very dark film. Especially the first 20-30 minutes. I guess they were trying to be different?
when l go to a movie l like being able to see the damn movie. Ron Howard decided to go full UCLA film student. Dark is okay as a metaphor for a plot line, a dimly lit bar etc. but not for lighting the majority of the movie.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:28 PM 05-27-2018
If you saw it in 3D that's a byproduct of the experience.

Don't see movies in 3D. They look like shit.
[Reply]
FlintHillsChiefs 05:01 PM 05-27-2018
Solo sales are looking pretty bad. I'd expect most of it is from the disillusionment from The Last Jedi (seriously, fuck that movie). I know I still havent seen Avengers or Deadpool, so waiting for Solo to come out on video is an easy choice for me.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:56 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
Solo sales are looking pretty bad. I'd expect most of it is from the disillusionment from The Last Jedi (seriously, fuck that movie). I know I still havent seen Avengers or Deadpool, so waiting for Solo to come out on video is an easy choice for me.
Yeah, remember just a weeks ago that some said the brand won't be damaged because of TLJ
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:08 PM 05-27-2018
Really, really fun.

Alden was good, not great, but I bought him as a young Han Solo enough that the film didn't suffer at all. Chewie was great, Lando was hilarious, LOVED LOVED LOVED Woody Harrellson's character.

Fucking loved that they explained not only how Han won the Falcon but how it got so fucked up all in one movie. :-)

Han shot first. :-)

If I ever have kids I might show them Solo and Rogue One before any of the originals. These are the true prequels, not that Jar Jar crap.

Chock-full of little Star Wars fanboy crowd pleaser moments. Loved the Bromance scenes with Chewie and Han. :-)
[Reply]
oaklandhater 07:54 PM 05-27-2018
So glad this is crashing at the box office.

and every one wanted to say TLJ backlash wouldn't effect this.

F U.

Kathleen kennedy I hope you get fired and Rian's movies get shit canned.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:23 PM 05-27-2018
I enjoyed the movie, it was a pretty simple plot but had some fun Easter eggs. The main actor took a little bit to warm up to though but by the end I liked his portrayal. I did go into it with little expectations so that helped. Donald Glover is a good Lando for sure. Also Emilia Clarke is a smoke show in this.
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:33 PM 05-27-2018
Saw it this morning...9am matinee with my sons. Really enjoyed it! It seems a sequel is needed, especially with
Spoiler!
.Overall, good film! Alden wasn't perfect but he captured Ford's solo enough times that you bought him as a young Han.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:38 PM 05-27-2018
Spoiler!

Pretty cool to see him onscreen though.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:38 PM 05-27-2018
I took my family today and we had a blast. It is what a star wars movie is supposed to be.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:39 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Saw it this morning...9am matinee with my sons. Really enjoyed it! It seems a sequel is needed, especially with
Spoiler!
.Overall, good film! Alden wasn't perfect but he captured Ford's solo enough times that you bought him as a young Han.
The kid who played Han is signed on for two more movies so you're gonna get your sequel.
[Reply]
SAGA45 09:00 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Spoiler!

Pretty cool to see him onscreen though.
Im confused by the timeline in conjunction with Phantom Menace because

Spoiler!

I don't watch the animated SW series at all so perhaps you're right though but we'll see.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:21 PM 05-27-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Really, really fun.

Alden was good, not great, but I bought him as a young Han Solo enough that the film didn't suffer at all. Chewie was great, Lando was hilarious, LOVED LOVED LOVED Woody Harrellson's character.

****ing loved that they explained not only how Han won the Falcon but how it got so ****ed up all in one movie. :-)

Han shot first. :-)

If I ever have kids I might show them Solo and Rogue One before any of the originals. These are the true prequels, not that Jar Jar crap.

Chock-full of little Star Wars fanboy crowd pleaser moments. Loved the Bromance scenes with Chewie and Han. :-)

Didn’t you love how Kasdan really nailed the dialogue? It was great.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:24 PM 05-27-2018
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 43 of 63
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up