ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 70
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:59 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
That ending Vader scene obviously kicked much ass.....

But why didnt he do that at the Beginning of 'A New Hope' instead of letting the stormtroopers fight it out with the rebels?
He wore himself out, hence the Bacta tank before that event
[Reply]
Silock 10:31 PM 12-19-2016
I thought it was 3 things away from being Empire-level great.

Less Tarkin. The uncanny valley was too much for me. It constantly took me out of the film. He didn't even need to be in there. They could have made it someone else and it would have been just fine.

More Saw Gerrera. He didn't get enough screen time, and I feel like Whitaker's performance was too good for what we got of him. His story needed more. I have a feeling a lot of it was left on the cutting room floor, so to speak.

Vader's cheesy ass choke line. CUT IT. FUCK. That was awful.

Other than that, it was awesome on all fronts.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 08:36 AM 12-20-2016
Originally Posted by Silock:
I thought it was 3 things away from being Empire-level great.

Less Tarkin. The uncanny valley was too much for me. It constantly took me out of the film. He didn't even need to be in there. They could have made it someone else and it would have been just fine.

More Saw Gerrera. He didn't get enough screen time, and I feel like Whitaker's performance was too good for what we got of him. His story needed more. I have a feeling a lot of it was left on the cutting room floor, so to speak.

Vader's cheesy ass choke line. CUT IT. ****. That was awful.

Other than that, it was awesome on all fronts.
Saw Gerrera (and Forest) were something I could have done without.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 08:57 AM 12-20-2016
Vader's choke on your ambitions line was a little cheesy, but he needed to say something smart ass there.
I liked Saw Gerrera's character, but I see no reason to add more of him. He served his purpose. Much like Vader, this wasn't his story.
It had to be Tarkin. Think of where we are in the time line. Had they put someone else in charge, it would disrupt things. We are days away from A New Hope, and you want to put someone else in charge of the death star? I don't get the argument the CGI takes you out of the film. It would have taken me out of the story had they put someone else in charge of the death star for a few days.

but I think overall we're in agreement, this movie is great, and hands down the best Star Wars since the OT, right?
[Reply]
Jamie 11:00 AM 12-20-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
After seeing Rogue One, I think that I may have figured out the identity of Rey's mother. I'll post as spoilers in all three Star Wars threads, even though these are "Spoiler" threads.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:05 AM 12-20-2016
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
but I think overall we're in agreement, this movie is great, and hands down the best Star Wars since the OT, right?
With each film release, Return of the Jedi becomes dumber and dumber.

It's no secret to anyone that's read my Star Wars related posts to see this assertion but after seeing Rogue One twice now, ROTJ makes zero sense in the grand scheme of the Star Wars universe.

Let's just set aside the fact that Luke Skywalker could have easily walked into Jabba's palace, freed Han Solo and taken off for Dagobah, we had to sit through a crappy 25 minute "rescue" mission, complete with Muppets that never made it on to the weekly program. Then, we watch Yoda disappear (WTF?), Luke turn him in to a weepy Darth Vader (It's...too late for me, Son"), only to watch a dopey Dog & Pony show while both Luke and Anakin (and he was Anakin pretty much at that point) stand before the Emperor, who could easily wipe either of them out with the wave of his hand.

But even far, far dumber is that a pack of 3 foot tall, walking, talking Teddy Bears wipes out the Empire's best garrison. We see an ordinary garrison on Scarif destroy and kill passionate men fighting for the Rebel Alliance yet a bunch of Teddy Bears can whoop Imperial Storm Troopers, destroy AT-AT's and allow the shield generator to be destroyed.

I know there's a ton of hate for the prequels but ROTJ is an awful movie that's just plain dumb.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:18 AM 12-20-2016
Originally Posted by Jamie:
[spoiler]Them both being on Yavin is sort of irrelevant, since Rey was born 15 years after that.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jamie 11:37 AM 12-20-2016
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:11 PM 12-20-2016
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcfanXIII 01:19 PM 12-20-2016

It's no secret to anyone that's read my Star Wars related posts to see this assertion but after seeing Rogue One twice now, ROTJ makes zero sense in the grand scheme of the Star Wars universe.

Let's just set aside the fact that Luke Skywalker could have easily walked into Jabba's palace, freed Han Solo and taken off for Dagobah, we had to sit through a crappy 25 minute "rescue" mission, complete with Muppets that never made it on to the weekly program. Then, we watch Yoda disappear (WTF?), Luke turn him in to a weepy Darth Vader (It's...too late for me, Son"), only to watch a dopey Dog & Pony show while both Luke and Anakin (and he was Anakin pretty much at that point) stand before the Emperor, who could easily wipe either of them out with the wave of his hand.

But even far, far dumber is that a pack of 3 foot tall, walking, talking Teddy Bears wipes out the Empire's best garrison. We see an ordinary garrison on Scarif destroy and kill passionate men fighting for the Rebel Alliance yet a bunch of Teddy Bears can whoop Imperial Storm Troopers, destroy AT-AT's and allow the shield generator to be destroyed.

I know there's a ton of hate for the prequels but ROTJ is an awful movie that's just plain dumb.
I feel like I've read that somewhere before. My answer to the Ewoks thing is this, Imagine them as wookies. That's what they were supposed to be. I forget the reason they chopped them into thirds to get ewoks, but wookies would have been a far better choice. I've often wondered the same thing about the rescue mission. Seemed awful elaborate when jedi Luke could have just taken him with little effort. Yoda's death scene in Jedi is literally one of the first things I remember in my entire life. (Went and saw ROTJ as a reward for mastering the pisser.) So it holds a sentimental place in my heart.

I just can't admit that anything with Hayden Christianson is better than my favorite childhood movies.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:02 PM 12-20-2016
I feel like I've read that somewhere before
I'm pretty sure I've posted something similar over the years. :-)

I never liked ROTJ, even though I saw it on opening night in May 1983 and have owned it on either VHS, DVD or Blu Ray over the years.

I just can't admit that anything with Hayden Christianson is better than my favorite childhood movies.
I prefer The Phantom Menace to ROTJ, which I guess indicates how I feel about that film.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 02:09 PM 12-20-2016
I'm pretty sure I've posted something similar over the years. :-)

I never liked ROTJ, even though I saw it on opening night in May 1983 and have owned it on either VHS, DVD or Blu Ray over the years.

I prefer The Phantom Menace to ROTJ, which I guess indicates how I feel about that film.
I get the criticism. Not trying to change your mind. I'd probably feel the same way if it wasn't a sentimental thing.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:28 PM 12-20-2016
Spoiler!
I don't disagree, I was just saying that it's not impossible on timeline terms.

Originally Posted by :
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Originally Posted by :
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Originally Posted by :
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:48 PM 12-20-2016

Don't forget the Star Destroyer sized plot stupidity of having the emperor give away the actual shield detector specs to the rebels. Why didn't he, I don't know, give them either false plans to a plans to a decoy that would ensure that the rebels would fail no matter what?

ROTJ has a lot of problems. I still watch it for the last fight between Luke and Vader and for sentimental purposes, but it's a listless shadow of ANH.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:59 PM 12-20-2016

Many asked if "General Syndulla" was in fact Hera in #RogueOne: @dave_filoni confirms! Thank you @mattwood! https://t.co/DhLaTerUtP via @ew

— Vanessa Marshall (@vanmarshall) December 20, 2016

[Reply]
Page 43 of 70
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up