ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 82
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Restaurants of yesteryear
Simply Red 08:33 PM 11-01-2006
What Restaurants did you grow up around? I'm not talking super fancy and yes fast-food counts. What distinctive memories do you associate with them?

Mine?

Taco Via-(the lit up menu of the various taco plates displayed on the wall), WhiteCastle-On a paper plate with fries and Pepsi, Arthur Treachers(off Noland), Tippins(off Noland), Perkins(the free toy well), Country Deli(awesome local deli to Blue Springs heated sandwiches on Sourdough buns), Zarda BBQ and Dairy, FunHouse Pizza(of Course)(Dark. Video- Games,Electonic Riding Bull and 25-cent Taco night) Annes Sante Fe.

Keep in mind I never see these anymore living in Georgia.

[Reply]
gblowfish 04:55 PM 01-25-2010
Manny's is still on Southwest Boulevard just north of the Freight House restaurants at Union Station. It's my favorite mexican restuarant, excellent food, reasonable.
[Reply]
SDChiefs 04:56 PM 01-25-2010
Uppercrust Pizza in Vista. Used to skate across town to play FIFA World Cup for hours and eat the best Cheezy Garlic bread ever. Then when I got older, it was Sundays and football. Good times.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:58 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Thats the place. Went through that drive through hundreds of times. Come to think of it he might have invented the drive through. He had mirrors positioned all over the inside so no matter where he was he could see a car outside at the speaker (it was at about the middle of those hedges). He used to have those coolers on every table with rootbeer in them. Don't know if it's true but I was told that the old white car broke down on him right where it sits when he first came to Springfield.

I miss Reds......and my 66 Chevy.

And my girlfriend at the time...................................in my 66 Chevy.
Back in the 1980's Lou Whitney & the Morells (Springfield based band) did a rockabilly song about Red's. One of those places that live in people's memories. Too bad its been gone for so long.

Hey, I found a video!
http://www.vimeo.com/groups/21864/videos/6228379
[Reply]
DMAC 04:59 PM 01-25-2010
Anyone from Springfluff remember Bill & Ruths? It was on National just south of Battlefield. They served chili 5 ways, etc.
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:12 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by SDChiefs:
Uppercrust Pizza in Vista. Used to skate across town to play FIFA World Cup for hours and eat the best Cheezy Garlic bread ever. Then when I got older, it was Sundays and football. Good times.
oh yes, i've had it, been yrs, though.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:25 PM 01-25-2010
Do they still have Betty's Diner in Blue Springs??? Off of 40 Hwy? Across from BS Bowling Alley
[Reply]
Simply Red 05:28 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Do they still have Betty's Diner in Blue Springs??? Off of 40 Hwy? Across from BS Bowling Alley
yes, but it's called something different now, btw, it was Betty's Fried Chicken. :-)

My Dad still lives back there behind it.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:33 PM 01-25-2010
Panini- Westport Flea Market

Tacos- Margaritas

Chineese- Wok N Roll

Mediterranea- Jerusalem Cafe
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:50 PM 01-25-2010
this thread is HOF material
[Reply]
MTG#10 07:10 PM 01-25-2010
There used to be a restaurant in Springfield when I was a kid called Sip and Flip. I dont know if it was a chain or just a locally owned business but I used to go there and get cheap burgers and play video games all the time. I think it was on Battlefield. Anyone else remember it?
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 07:26 PM 01-25-2010
I read today on Pitch that the original Texas Toms closed. Never ate there, but I remember some of you talking about it
[Reply]
Oxford 08:39 PM 01-25-2010
Allens on State Line south of Ward Parkway, Bamboo hut on 40 HWY, V's on 40 HWY and Sterling
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:36 PM 01-25-2010
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
I read today on Pitch that the original Texas Toms closed. Never ate there, but I remember some of you talking about it
I used to live by the one in Midtown on Linwood, straight garbage food but I was still there weekly.
[Reply]
wazu 10:35 PM 01-25-2010
In Lee's Summit:

The Chinese Chef
[Reply]
badgirl 11:08 PM 01-25-2010
Well I can't think of any that doesn't still exist, but I did work after school at a curb side restaurant. The same few old men would be up there sitting around having cup after cup of coffee and talking about the news for the day, week whatever. I would go to the car, take their order and then walk their meal to them. We made good food there, not so much like the quick frozen stuff, it was actually homemade food like potatoes and pies that were made from scratch. hmmmm makes me wish it was still open, I may take a drive 2 hours away just to eat tomorrow.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 82
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up