ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 54
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Media Center>Indiana Jones 5: First Details
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
YOU'VE BEEN LYING TO YOURSELF THIS ENTIRE THREAD
Originally Posted by :
And it’s those that Mangold honours with a final scene that brings things full circle to one of the quietest moments in Raiders, giving the man in the hat the gruffly tender send-off he deserves.
"After you, Junior..."
"Yes sir..."

{horses run through canyons and into the sunset...}

He GOT the gruffly tender send-off he deserved. You need to see him broken and henpecked by some snarky brit?

None of this ADDS to his story. It doesn't improve upon it. You're just desperately hoping they'll make chicken salad from this chicken shit.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 06-28-2023
I think I've discussed briefly the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy books before.

And I've told anyone who listens - the series stops at "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish..."

Don't read past it. Don't. It's a natural, easy and obvious end to the story. Our characters arcs have all come to an end. Unfortunately the 5th book happened...

Douglas Adams himself said he regretted 'Mostly Harmless...'. He was in a terrible place at the time, he was depressed and he acknowledge that the book detracted from the series. He hoped to write a 6th book to 'correct his mistake' and then he up and died instead.

That's what these two movies are - mistakes that do nothing but take away from the perfect stopping point. You have such a clear and clean ending to the story after Last Crusade. It wasn't depression that led to these movies - it was greed and a cynical cash grab. Neither of these movies exist to further a story - they exist to wring a few buck out of a cherished IP and at the EXPENSE of that IP.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:22 PM 06-28-2023
you're too late "mr. kingdom of heaven was a good movie" nonsense boy

indiana jones fans got a movie made for them, by them, and by jove we're enjoying it
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:46 PM 06-28-2023
you're too late "mr. kingdom of heaven was a good movie" nonsense boy

indiana jones fans got a movie made for them, by them, and by jove we're enjoying it
If you replaced "Indiana Jones fans" with "Top Gun fans" I could go along with it. No, this was not made for the fans at all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:01 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If you replaced "Indiana Jones fans" with "Top Gun fans" I could go along with it. No, this was not made for the fans at all.
that's why tons of hardcore indy fans are loving it :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:21 PM 06-28-2023
yes!

#DialOfDestiny is a pure Indiana Jones adventure, and I smiled from ear to ear the whole time. It’s classic in its storytelling, yet totally original as it takes the franchise to new and exciting heights. I just felt so happy and fulfilled leaving the theater. pic.twitter.com/qPymVGBdI8

— Noah (@keldorjedii) June 28, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:27 PM 06-28-2023
yes!

"New and exciting heights!!!"

I can't actually click on Twitter accounts at work (going to the website is blocked) but I'd give you even money that this person has pronouns in his bio.
[Reply]
KCUnited 04:33 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I can't actually click on Twitter accounts at work (going to the website is blocked) but I'd give you even money that this person has pronouns in his bio.
Even TLO should bet the pronouns here
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:36 PM 06-28-2023

....fuck
[Reply]
Enid Borden 11:53 PM 06-30-2023

I bet that raving review also dropped a little money into his pocket.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:22 PM 06-28-2023
yes! yes! yes!

Again on #IndianaJones and the #DialOfDestiny: I think @mang0ld achieved a sort of miracle. From a certain point of the movie, the suspension of disbelief kicks in in a way that I didn't feel since I was a child. And from there on is pure Indy. So good.

— Antoni Conteddu (@thecalettian) June 28, 2023

Also, don't believe a single word of what you may have heard about this movie: #IndianaJones is not sidelined, replaced or disrespected. Not in the slightest. It's the same Indy we all know and love. Those were just blatant lies from disingenuous people. #DialOfDestiny

#IndianaJones and the #DialOfDestiny is not only a good Indiana Jones movie, but it has moments of legitimate greatness. I'm talking about Crusade-tier material. It's subtle, clever, melancholic and respectful of our beloved hero. Oh and that third act had me in complete awe.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:09 PM 06-28-2023
:-)
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:10 PM 06-28-2023
I remember seeing #4 and thinking not much about it. After the latest Thor and Strange movies, I just don't care about Disney.

I'm not the target audience anymore. Like the Bud Light issue; I don't drink cheap swill so if they disappear, who cares?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:14 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I remember seeing #4 and thinking not much about it. After the latest Thor and Strange movies, I just don't care about Disney.

I'm not the target audience anymore. Like the Bud Light issue; I don't drink cheap swill so if they disappear, who cares?
Well, the difference is I'd still like to enjoy the Disney movies and hope that a few philosophical changes up top rights the ship. Bud Light is always going to be swill.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:18 PM 06-28-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, the difference is I'd still like to enjoy the Disney movies and hope that a few philosophical changes up top rights the ship. Bud Light is always going to be swill.
As someone who remembers the 'Wonderful World of Disney' weekly TV show, I really hope you are correct.

At around 50, I learned that life was too short to drink bad beer. The only time I will drink one of the big three if that's all the golf cart vendor has for sale.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 54
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up