ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 57
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:38 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Unfortunately, this. This will be our first loss. We will meet again in the playoffs but the OLINE can't protect Mahomes - their defense is lethal. LJ can run and break ankles. IF we win this I will believe but this team is our achilles.
We lose this one and I will be so GLAD to EAT CROW if I am wrong. Keeping the band together and a disappearing of the D is actually heart breaking at this point of the season.
Lol what a fucking stupid take.

The Chiefs offensive line is the second ranked pass protection offensive line in adjusted sack rate.

The Raven defense is most definitely not lethal. They can’t get after the QB unless they blitz. Mahomes will pick them apart.
[Reply]
Ravens213 06:38 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Assuming those are stats from 2019 pertaining to "comeback" attempts, I'm curious why 2018 stats aren't included. And what about playoff stats for both years?

Stats are only as good as the data provided/gathered. Even then they leave out a lot of pertinent information.

But if you're going to use statistical data to describe each player's efficiency in "comeback" attempts, then it would be necessary to use as much of the relevant data as possible.
Fair. Figured I’d be called out for that. Only reason I didn’t include them is bc Lamar was thrown into a 2018 offense built for flacco. They had a super limited playbook. Go figure though his stats are actually better taking 2018 into account too....

99/156 63.4% completion, 1200 yds, 9td 2int, 101 passer rating
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:38 PM 09-25-2020
Unfortunately, this. This will be our first loss. We will meet again in the playoffs but the OLINE can't protect Mahomes - their defense is lethal. LJ can run and break ankles. IF we win this I will believe but this team is our achilles.
We lose this one and I will be so GLAD to EAT CROW if I am wrong. Keeping the band together and a disappearing of the D is actually heart breaking at this point of the season.

I guess you missed the stats about:

1) how often the Ravens blitz (a lot)
2) how often they actually get home (not a lot)
3) how good the Chiefs OL is at pass protection

That have been posted a few times in this thread.

Fact of the matter is the Chiefs offense has a matchup advantage against the Ravens. The Ravens offense has a matchup advantage against the Chiefs.

Whichever defense adapts better will likely be the one of the winning team.

We saw Spagnuolo design a defensive gameplan that gave Jackson and the Ravens a lot of trouble last year, without Mike Pennel and Willie Gay and Lajarius Sneed and with a less-than-100-percent Frank Clark.

We saw Martendale design a gameplan two years ago that gave Mahomes problems. Their personnel has changed a lot since then. He’s a good DC so it wouldn’t surprise me to see him find some wrinkles that throw Mahomes off early.
[Reply]
PHOG 06:39 PM 09-25-2020
:-) Could be, but their defense is lethal? :-) Since when has this team been OUR Achilles? I think its the other way around actually.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:43 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Ravens213:
Fair. Figured I’d be called out for that. Only reason I didn’t include them is bc Lamar was thrown into a 2018 offense built for flacco. They had a super limited playbook. Go figure though his stats are actually better taking 2018 into account too....

99/156 63.4% completion, 1200 yds, 9td 2int, 101 passer rating
And Mahomes' stats over the same period, including playoffs?
[Reply]
Dante84 07:13 PM 09-25-2020
During the season, there are a few key threads each week that I look forward to reading:

“Let’s talk about the...”

Game day thread

Other Games thread

Win Rep thread

George’s 10 things thread

But one that’s missing this year is the “What [opponent]’s fans are saying” thread. I always enjoy getting insight into their line of thinking and learning more about their players & schemes, and how they view our guys.

I’m busy with work and don’t know where to look, but does someone want to own that weekly thread so we can all enjoy?
[Reply]
lcarus 07:35 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Dante84:
During the season, there are a few key threads each week that I look forward to reading:

“Let’s talk about the...”

Game day thread

Other Games thread

Win Rep thread

George’s 10 things thread

But one that’s missing this year is the “What [opponent]’s fans are saying” thread. I always enjoy getting insight into their line of thinking and learning more about their players & schemes, and how they view our guys.

I’m busy with work and don’t know where to look, but does someone want to own that weekly thread so we can all enjoy?
I like that thread a lot too
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:37 PM 09-25-2020
Just moved to Iowa for work and this state stinks so sorry to hear you’re “foreveriowan”. Also I’ll pop in Tuesday regardless of the outcome. Not trying to make excuses for him just amazed at how much shit he continues to receive after being the unanimous mvp. He’s also 23 years old haha... it’s actually insane what he’s doing. Mahomes and Lamar can both be good, I think we live in a world where that’s possible.
You could triple my salary and I wouldn't move to the third world country that is Baltimore. Worst city in the United States
[Reply]
Ravens213 07:51 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
You could triple my salary and I wouldn't move to the third world country that is Baltimore. Worst city in the United States
I lived in DC and bmore deserves a lot of its bad rap but it also has a ton of culture and a lot of awesome spots. Iowa on the other hand is devoid of culture.. feels like I’m living inside a gallon of milk.

Is this how I gain friends on a Kansas City message board? Just trash Iowa?
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 07:57 PM 09-25-2020
I lived in DC and bmore deserves a lot of its bad rap but it also has a ton of culture and a lot of awesome spots. Iowa on the other hand is devoid of culture.. feels like I’m living inside a gallon of milk.

Is this how I gain friends on a Kansas City message board? Just trash Iowa?
Silly me here I thought Baltimore's culture was murderers, rapists and extreme poverty.
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:02 PM 09-25-2020
let's all be nice.
[Reply]
Ravens213 08:05 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
And Mahomes' stats over the same period, including playoffs?
Pretty damn good but not much different than LJs. Again I’m really not trying to compare the two... just debunking this theory that Lamar is bad playing from behind. To be honest the sample size of him playing from behind is tiny bc we blow just about everyone (besides the chiefs) out so it’s tough to make any kind of assessment.

232/359 63.9%, 3026 yds, 27td 6 ints, 109 rating
[Reply]
Ravens213 08:07 PM 09-25-2020
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Silly me here I thought Baltimore's culture was murderers, rapists and extreme poverty.
Nope you missed crab cakes and football. It’s murderers, crab cakes, football and then rapists and extreme poverty.

What’s Iowa? Corn.... and then like field of dreams? Maybe sprinkle in some Culver’s.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:21 PM 09-25-2020
Nope you missed crab cakes and football. It’s murderers, crab cakes, football and then rapists and extreme poverty.

What’s Iowa? Corn.... and then like field of dreams? Maybe sprinkle in some Culver’s.

There are a ton of awesome craft breweries in Iowa right now. I mean, every state claims to have a kickass set of microbrews, but seriously... hard to top a bunch of the ones popping up in eastern and central Iowa
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:21 PM 09-25-2020

Not people like you - so it's like the fucking promise land.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 57
« First < 333940414243 4445464753 > Last »
Up