ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 426 of 2694
« First < 326376416422423424425426 4274284294304364765269261426 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
JDKinman 11:08 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
He showed the staff what they needed to see Friday night.

He played within the system, didn't take any unnecessary risks, and showed some poise and moxie.

He is, without question, the most talented QB on this roster.
THIS!

This is what I took away at the end of the game on Friday. He HAD NO system at Tech other than to "make plays" because he--and the coaches--knew that there was no defense to help him, the running game (junior season) was spotty to non-existent and the offensive line was woefully young and inexperienced.

More than ANYTHING, Mahomes needs "professional maturity" as a quarterback and that only comes with time and experience. He will get there and he has the tools, intellect and physical ability to be one of the greatest QBs in the history of the NFL.

But right now, as we speak, he is a rookie who is simply not ready to take the starting job. Not even close.

Originally Posted by DRM08:
I would just like to see him get to play with a better OL in one of these pre-season games. Didn't think it was possible for him to have an OL as bad as Tech's at the NFL level, but the third string OL was pretty damn bad on Friday.
Ha! Was thinking the same thing. I also had to keep adjusting the picture on my television to make sure that the arrowheads on the KC defensive players helmets weren't actually double-T's. 😂

The running game scuttled him as well--when an NFL running back can't pick up a ONE YARD GAIN, not once, but twice. . .

JD
[Reply]
RobBlake 11:26 AM 08-13-2017
Haha greatest ever? There weee way more talentedly gifted qbs that walked on the field that didn't pan out than Patrick.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Haha greatest ever? There weee way more talentedly gifted qbs that walked on the field that didn't pan out than Patrick.
This makes no sense in response to what he was saying. Mahomes has HOF potential and upside. Even most of the draft experts that weren't high on him will till you this.

You sound like a bitter Alexsexual.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:37 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I wanted Mahomes for the Chiefs FAR before anyone else wanted him here and long before all of the bandwagon fans.
Of course you did.:-):-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:37 AM 08-13-2017
Now #2 QB. Bray looked terrible.

The only two things I said during the game.

1. He looked poised in a few situations.
2. I saw him look one way then throw another for the TD. Great play.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:40 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by RobBlake:
Yes. One of the greatest QBs in NFL history. He has the POTENTIAL to reach THAT point.

Potential doesn't mean it will happen. It means it could happen.

Mahomes has the potential to do that. A random douche like Chase Daniel does not have that ability. It's why Mahomes was drafted where he was. His POTENTIAL was higher than any QB in this draft class and the Chiefs coaches saw in him the intelligence and character to possibly make that a reality.

What is so unreasonable about this?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:41 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Who the **** is Sloter? Is he some shit**** Elway picked up that Knowmo now thinks is the savior of the Donk QBs?
UNC(Northern Colorado) QB that looked "mini Trubisky" with crap players in front him that made plays that made PL look like he should be the 3rd stringer.

I was impressed with the kid and I assure you other NFL scouts were as well and no way he stays on the Broncos PS if is not on the official 53 roster.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:45 AM 08-13-2017
nice to see Mahomes promoted to #2!

Suck it Bray
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:46 AM 08-13-2017
Chiefs promote rookie Mahomes to No. 2 QB http://es.pn/2uD65qp
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:46 AM 08-13-2017
Patrick Mahomes II up to No. 2 QB after strong preseason debut --> http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ck-depth-chart

Originally Posted by :
ST. JOSEPH, Mo. -- Rookie quarterback Patrick Mahomes II impressed the Kansas City Chiefs enough in Friday night's preseason opener that they gave him a promotion of sorts as they returned to the training camp practice field.

There's nothing subtle about Chiefs' desire for more big-pass plays
Each of the Chiefs' top three quarterbacks went deep on their first play against the 49ers, signaling a desire to improve in that area.
Mahomes was moved to the No. 2 quarterback spot behind starter Alex Smith, while Tyler Bray was dropped to No. 3.

Coach Andy Reid said the move was one that Mahomes earned and not something the Chiefs would have done regardless of how he played.

"It's not because of Tyler's performance in the game," Reid said of Bray, who threw an interception in his first series Friday against the San Francisco 49ers. "I thought he actually did very well ... and Patrick did a nice job, too. It gives [Mahomes] an opportunity to step up and work with that second group and see what he can do there.

"It's not something [Tyler] didn't do. [Tyler] is playing well. But Patrick has also done a nice job. In order to step up with that group, Pat would have had to [make] progress."

Mahomes, the Chiefs' first-round draft pick, completed 7 of 9 passes for 49 yards and a touchdown in his preseason debut.

Factors beyond Mahomes' performance factored into the depth chart reshuffle, Reid said.

"It's being able to get in and function in the huddle, still seeing the defenses and the reads, knowing the calls that he needs to make to get [out] of trouble in both the run and pass games," Reid said.

Mahomes responded with a strong practice session. He was the only one among the Chiefs' top three quarterbacks who didn't throw an interception, going 8-for-11 in full team drills and 8-for-11 in 7-on-7 drills.

"We're throwing a lot at the guy, and it's fun to see him grow," tight end Travis Kelce said. "It's fun to see what the young guy can do.

"He's doing just fine, and I'm sure he's going to be just as good as everyone expects him to be."

[Reply]
Reerun_KC 11:47 AM 08-13-2017
Boom! Chiefs fans beeter HOPE like hell Bray NEVER sees the field in the regular season.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:51 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
UNC(Northern Colorado) QB that looked "mini Trubisky" with crap players in front him that made plays that made PL look like he should be the 3rd stringer.

I was impressed with the kid and I assure you other NFL scouts were as well and no way he stays on the Broncos PS if is not on the official 53 roster.
CJ Beathard looked like an all-pro out there.

Ten bucks says he's selling insurance in four years.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:55 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Cut the ****ing shit, mother****er.

I wanted Mahomes for the Chiefs FAR before anyone else wanted him here and long before all of the bandwagon fans.

The fact of the matter is that he is RAW. The talent is there, the smarts, the athleticism - everything you'd want in a Franchise QB.

EXCEPT, experience in a Pro Style offense.

He'll get there for sure but it isn't going to happen 3 weeks into his first training camp.

JFC.
I beg to differ

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=304900

Just giving you shit, Dane :-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:55 AM 08-13-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
CJ Beathard looked like an all-pro out there.
Agreed.

But I assure you Sloter and Beathard are on all scouts radar now at least until they go to Insurance class.:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:58 AM 08-13-2017
From my previous post:

Originally Posted by :
Factors beyond Mahomes' performance factored into the depth chart reshuffle, Reid said.

"It's being able to get in and function in the huddle, still seeing the defenses and the reads, knowing the calls that he needs to make to get [out] of trouble in both the run and pass games," Reid said.
That is Reid basically saying to us all that he is further along with understanding the offense than I think we might realize.
[Reply]
Page 426 of 2694
« First < 326376416422423424425426 4274284294304364765269261426 > Last »
Up