Page 421 of 449
« First < 321371411417418419420421 422423424425431 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:53 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Why not? I thought they’d have him ready to go when eligible.
You can’t be around the team at all under suspension so he’s missed a lot of valuable conditioning/learning time.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:54 PM 09-29-2019
Ramsey would be make us better on D no doubt about it but.... to the naked eye, our biggest issue currently is shedding blocks and making tackles vs. the run. Will he help there? If so, not much.

I’m nervous as fuck about the lousy run defense.
[Reply]
JakeF 05:55 PM 09-29-2019
Would the Redskins trade Trent Williams for Eric Fisher(when healthy)?

I know it's not equal or fair but Williams has told the Redskins that he will never play another snap for Washington. They need a LT that will play.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:56 PM 09-29-2019
I thought for sure going to a 4-3 would help against the runs because more fatties on the line but holy shit our lb are so bad
[Reply]
RunKC 05:58 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ramsey would be make us better on D no doubt about it but.... to the naked eye, our biggest issue currently is shedding blocks and making tackles vs. the run. Will he help there? If so, not much.

I’m nervous as **** about the lousy run defense.
Yup.

Watch out though posters will call you a moron for pointing the obvious out.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:00 PM 09-29-2019
And I think we will be in every single game we play until the very end this year. Just like last year.

But my faith in the defense to consistently close out games if necessary in the playoffs... is not very high. Ugh.
[Reply]
JakeF 06:02 PM 09-29-2019
I don't see how our run defense can be this bad if our linebackers were any good.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:02 PM 09-29-2019
Idk if Ramsey is the guy but a trade for a defender is a formality at this point. Or it should be.

I don’t care if it’s simply a run stuffing DT, a LB, a corner... there better be a move. Something to give the unit a little juice heading down the stretch.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:03 PM 09-29-2019
The LBs aren’t very good. They’re just ok, not awful, not great. Which is fine if you had a dominant DL, but we don’t right now.

They don’t get bulled off of the LOS like they used to in previous years, but they still are shedding just a tick late.
[Reply]
bricks 06:05 PM 09-29-2019

I’m nervous as **** about the lousy run defense.
I interpret that as lack of attitude on D. Not enough attitude, not enough physicality.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:07 PM 09-29-2019
Our poor LB’s dear God no LB corps is doing well in this scenario. Jones and Williams give up the entire middle of the field.

Just awful

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:10 PM 09-29-2019
This is why I just don’t know about paying Jones. He’s awesome in the right situations yes, but he’s also a common denominator with this run defense being awful. I think he just shoots gaps too often, and I’m not sure he’s stout enough to consistently hold his ground anyways.

Again, awesome player, probably our best on defense for sure, but $20M per year? I’m losing the interest in that deal by the week.
[Reply]
suzzer99 06:19 PM 09-29-2019
Yeah I'm starting to lose interest in paying any defensive player a huge contract. Get the really good ones, who are clearly elite self-motivated like Honey Badger on a reasonable deal instead. Always have them playing for their next deal.

I have a theory they take a lot of HGH and maybe even risk some testosterone in the contract year. Then they back off when they get paid. Also they get a little more complacent and less likely to want to punish their bodies.

Despite saying all the right things - you can't tell me Houston and Berry were 100% motivated last year. Would suck if we pay Jones and he becomes JAG.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:22 PM 09-29-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah I'm starting to lose interest in paying any defensive player a huge contract. Get the really good ones, who are clearly elite self-motivated like Honey Badger on a reasonable deal instead. Always have them playing for their next deal.

I have a theory they take a lot of HGH and maybe even risk some testosterone in the contract year. Then they back off when they get paid. Also they get a little more complacent and less likely to want to punish their bodies.

Despite saying all the right things - you can't tell me Houston and Berry were 100% motivated last year. Would suck if we pay Jones and he becomes JAG.
I’m with ya. I think it’s just human nature for most people.

When we paid Houston, I never thought he’d take his foot off the gas. And he didn’t until he came back from injury. Then it felt like his whole demeanor changed.
[Reply]
rtmike 06:35 PM 09-29-2019
I’m with ya. I think it’s just human nature for most people.

When we paid Houston, I never thought he’d take his foot off the gas. And he didn’t until he came back from injury. Then it felt like his whole demeanor changed.
I remember LJ never hitting the hole like he did prior after getting hurt in the GB game.
[Reply]
Page 421 of 449
« First < 321371411417418419420421 422423424425431 > Last »
Up