htismaqe 10:37 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by ARROW2:
Similar to the Bradberry hold on JUJU....LOL
Yep.

Or Ossai pushing Mahomes while OOB.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:16 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
The media LOVES a good controversy, especially if they can make it a racial issue. Our media is the pariah we should be universally loathing
Sports media is dead as anything useful.

We used to have sportswriters like Grantland Rice. Now we have hacks like Pearlman and others.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:48 AM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
In one instance the player getting waved off can use her skills and abilities to make you pay for the disrespect shown by waving her off and drive and score or in some other way make you look foolish on the court during the course of the game. In the other, the game is over and the player can either ignore it or take it personal and start a scuffle. Obviously very different dynamics of risk to yourself and team with the disrespect/taunting.
I would never argue that they weren't different. I'm arguing that you cannot be upset with one and not the other, IMO, especially when citing class. Clark stopped playing the game in order to disrespect her opponent. That is decidedly not classy.

Your argument is weak also because Clark and her teammates also had 45 minutes (or however long a college game lasts) to win the game and ensure that she was never made to look foolish.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 11:50 AM 04-05-2023
She just generated 620 post on CP. If that isn't GOAT shit for a woman's player I don't know what is.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:08 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I would never argue that they weren't different. I'm arguing that you cannot be upset with one and not the other, IMO, especially when citing class. Clark stopped playing the game in order to disrespect her opponent. That is decidedly not classy.

Your argument is weak also because Clark and her teammates also had 45 minutes (or however long a college game lasts) to win the game and ensure that she was never made to look foolish.
:-)

That's what you think happened? She didn't "stop playing the game" dumbass. She dared her to shoot the 3 ball. She didn't stop playing altogether.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:11 PM 04-05-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:

That's what you think happened? She didn't "stop playing the game" dumbass. She dared her to shoot the 3 ball. That doesn't mean she stopped playing altogether.
She was supposed to be playing defense. She chose not to simply to disrespect her opponent.

I understand that you've got her cock lodged in your throat, but it is disrespectful and far from classy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:12 PM 04-05-2023
Also, I would fucking dunk on you, little bitch boy. Don't argue with me about the game of my people.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:12 PM 04-05-2023
She was supposed to be playing defense. She chose not to simply to disrespect her opponent.

I understand that you've got her cock lodged in your throat, but it is disrespectful and far from classy.
She didn't stop fucking playing defense dumbass. She was sacrificing the 3 ball to stay in the paint.

I agreed that it was disrespectful, but you're just trying way too hard to make it sound as bad as what Angel did.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:17 PM 04-05-2023
Also, I would fucking dunk on you, little bitch boy. Don't argue with me about the game of my people.
You wouldn't beat me in any sport or a fight pussy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:28 PM 04-05-2023
She didn't stop fucking playing defense dumbass. She was sacrificing the 3 ball to stay in the paint.

I agreed that it was disrespectful, but you're just trying way too hard to make it sound as bad as what Angel did.
She made a point to wave her off and let everyone know that she didn't think homegirl could shoot.

Combine that with the "you can't see me" and other trash talk and I'd say she does not need anyone to come to her defense. She's been writing a lot of checks and this one bounced.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:29 PM 04-05-2023
You wouldn't beat me in any sport or a fight pussy.
You're 6'0" and weigh 160 pounds. I would 100% demolish you in an Oklahoma drill.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:29 PM 04-05-2023
This is exactly what an argument that they are the same thing looks like.

I don't really care much about any of this, but I do have to laugh at those who think Reese following Clark around for 10 seconds gloating after the game is excessive/disrespectful/classless but DON'T think Clark legitimately waving off the player at the 3-point line mid game is similarly disrespectful.
No idea what this is supposed to be. The taunting and ring finger thing was when the game was over. She had no risk of looking foolish on the court after this taunting and disrespect. So again, completely different circumstances.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:31 PM 04-05-2023
You're 6'0" and weigh 160 pounds. I would 100% demolish you in an Oklahoma drill.
I'm 6'3" 200 pounds liar.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:33 PM 04-05-2023
This thread took another turn and I'm here for it.

[Reply]
staylor26 12:33 PM 04-05-2023
She made a point to wave her off and let everyone know that she didn't think homegirl could shoot.

Combine that with the "you can't see me" and other trash talk and I'd say she does not need anyone to come to her defense. She's been writing a lot of checks and this one bounced.
If you've paid any attention to what I've been saying, I don't really even have much of an issue with what Angel did. I said it was borderline and clearly excessive. That's all.

What I refuse to do is pretend that Clark ever did the "same thing", because that's just objectively not true.

I even gave you that what she did was disrespectful, but to say she stopped playing altogether is fucking retarded. She was still defending the paint.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 138
« First < 323839404142 434445465292 > Last »
Up