ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 195
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
carlos3652 12:47 PM 03-23-2022
Sad about Hill leaving.
Sad about the compensation of what Hill was worth.
I honestly think he is a HOF player.

Understand the decision based on the money.
Hope we hit on our picks to continue to improve our team.

Our WR core did take a hit today, that being said, I think we can recover.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:47 PM 03-23-2022
With no Hill and Clark/Jones probably gone next offseason….we’re scheduled to have over $90 million in cap space. Yes, we’ll need to fill out the roster more but a lot of these picks are going to that.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:47 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Russ wanted out because Carrol is a dinosaur that wants to run his offense through the RB's.

Not because they couldn't draft.
It’s a really dumb comparison.
[Reply]
Fishels 12:47 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
**** Tyreek Hill.

Greedy WR who likes to beat up his pregnant WR. Have fun in Miami w that shit QB throwing to you.
Yep. He had multiple new chances and continues to take L’s. Wouldn’t stay with the QB who made him special
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 12:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I really hope Veach has one of those "out of nowhere" deals lined up, similar to the Orlando Brown deal.

Otherwise, we're looking at some development downtime with a rookie class.
The Chiefs' core was always going to age and get more expensive. You can either attempt to ride it out as they decline and continually pay them more money for diminishing returns, like the Cowboys did with Aikman, Irvin, and Smith, or you can attempt to spin those pieces off before they become negative value assets.

If the Chiefs bungle these picks, they'll be set back for years. If the Chiefs signed Hill and almost all his money was guaranteed, they'd be hamstrung for years. At some point, you have to find cheap talent. Best way to do that is through the draft, and the best way to find them is with more picks.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:48 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN:
This is a brilliant move by Veach. He waited until the rest of the AFC showed their cards and blew their wad in free agency in the hopes of stopping Mahomes and then he goes and makes his move. This trade will allow him to strengthen the defense and retool the offense to send the other teams back to the drawing board when it comes to slowing down Mahomes. The quarterback makes the receiver not the other way around. Mahomes will still be great without Hill but Hill will struggle without Mahomes. Let's wait until after the draft to see what Veach does with his bevy of picks!
Yes, just as Veach drew it up the entire time! Wait until most FAs that we could've gone after sign and THEN make our move.

staylor, I'm sorry for calling you a homer with people like this in existence. You seem like Red Dawg in comparison.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:48 PM 03-23-2022
He took his shot at his big payday, I don't fault that.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:49 PM 03-23-2022
$30M per year in the receiver market. Pretty wild times.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 12:49 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
The Chiefs' core was always going to age and get more expensive. You can either attempt to ride it out as they decline and continually pay them more money for diminishing returns, like the Cowboys did with Aikman, Irvin, and Smith, or you can attempt to spin those pieces off before they become negative value assets.

If the Chiefs bungle these picks, they'll be set back for years. If the Chiefs signed Hill and almost all his money was guaranteed, they'd be hamstrung for years. At some point, you have to find cheap talent. Best way to do that is through the draft, and the best way to find them is with more picks.
Rocket surgery. :-)

At the end of the day we had no choice, easy decision.
[Reply]
tooge 12:49 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I'm sure Veach has a plan that involves moves we haven't even thought about yet. This opens up so much going forward.

That said, this is really disappointing. All of our competitors took a step forward for this next season and we're almost certainly taking a step backwards. It's a tough pill to swallow even if it's necessary for longer-term sustainability.

Just not sure how anyone can really feel good about today.
Look at it this way. The broncos gave up all their draft capital for a guy that has maybe 3 years left. Then they are old and broken. The chiefs just widened their window for another 7-8 years
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:50 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because building the entire defense in one offseason is damn near impossible.
Eight starting positions are already set:

Sneed, Fenton, Thornhill, Reid, Bolton, Gay, Nnadi, Jones

He doesn't need to build an entire defense. He needs to find two edge rushers, a linebacker and a nickel corner.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:50 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Yes, just as Veach drew it up the entire time! Wait until most FAs that we could've gone after sign and THEN make our move.

staylor, I'm sorry for calling you a homer with people like this in existence. You seem like Red Dawg in comparison.
Yea, I’m nowhere near that level of homer.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:50 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Nope…just overall. And I still think they’re envisioning a team that doesn’t have 2-3 stars on each side and instead has depth and good players at multiple positions.
That takes time, so all this talk (not from you) that this draft solves everything is very misguided.

For all the talk about rebuilding the entire defense, we're essentially in need of the same on offense. We have a 33 year old TE and not a single WR under contract past this season.

If we want a shot at a WC spot this year, we're going to need to use a bit of draft capital to bring in a/some quality young talent at WR.

Otherwise, people need to understand that even if Veach hits on EVERY ONE of these picks, they aren't going to be difference makers (at least at WR) this year, and maybe not next.

Veach has a LOT of work to do, and neither of those options above are "wrong" necessarily - they just impact what our expectations should be for 2022.
[Reply]
stevieray 12:51 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
At some point, you have to find cheap talent. Best way to do that is through the draft, and the best way to find them is with more picks.
I think this is where Brett's game is strong.

This really does throw a kink at the AFC West, the more I think about it. We won't be the same team they've all grown accustomed to playing and building to beat.
[Reply]
petegz28 12:51 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Eight starting positions are already set:

Sneed, Fenton, Thornhill, Reid, Bolton, Gay, Nnadi, Jones

He doesn't need to build an entire defense. He needs to find two edge rushers, a linebacker and a nickel corner.
You left out Clark....
[Reply]
Page 42 of 195
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up