ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 68
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:48 AM 02-03-2021
Now, in a perfect world you'd just use common sense and fire Easterby but that would've happened by now if it was going to.
[Reply]
O.city 11:49 AM 02-03-2021
Yeah, choosing Easterby and whoever over a 25 year old franchise QB is pretty dumb. They get what they deserve here.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:50 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Exactly. The only thing that makes any sense now is to trade Watson for a kings ransom and call it a rebuild to try and save face.
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Not to mention that if you don't trade him b/c he is too good and then you break his character, then what do you have? A broken quarterback that doesn't care if you win or lose. Not good for the team and not a good trade chip.

ETA - Furthermore, if you do something like that just to spite Watson, then what signal does that send to the rest of the team? What signal does it send to potential free agent signings and anyone you might draft?
Yup. They need to cut their losses here. They can get a small fortune in picks for him. Bosa + 2 firsts, Jimmy G and a 2nd round from San Francisco works well for both teams
[Reply]
staylor26 11:51 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
If it gets to the point where he's sitting out, then what? There's a sweet spot for timing on trading him. I'd guess that woudl be right before the draft
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If that's the stance McNair takes them good luck. I think they'd be much better off taking the best deal before draft day and cutting their losses because the potential consequences if things drag out into next season and remain this ugly are far worse for the organization long term than not getting fair market value today.
You all are clearly on Watson’s side, and I get that as I am too, but it’s affecting your thought process.

I’m looking at this from the perspective of a team that’s one more bad trade away from being fucked for 15 years.

They absolutely have to and should get a huge haul. I’m not saying don’t make a trade. I’m saying don’t settle for less than equal compensation.

You don’t just take what you can get for a 25 year old franchise QB.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:52 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You all are clearly on Watson’s side, and I get that as I am too, but it’s affecting your thought process.

I’m looking at this from the perspective of a team that’s one more bad trade away from being fucked for 15 years.

They absolutely have to and should get a huge haul. I’m not saying don’t make a trade. I’m saying don’t settle for less than equal compensation.

That's a non factor in my opinion. You'll have enough people bidding for the trade compensation to be at least adequate.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:58 AM 02-03-2021

I’m looking at this from the perspective of a team that’s one more bad trade away from being ****ed for 15 years.

You certainly don't make just one phone call and do a deal. One wouldn't think that such a thing would need to be stated, but we're talking about the Texans here. They need to accept reality and start making phone calls, or at a minimum announce they are willing to listen to offers. Watson is good enough that they should be able to start a bidding war.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:58 AM 02-03-2021
There is one trade package they absolutely should at least jump headfirst into serious negotiations if it's offered, though, and that's Tua + #3. That gives you a QB on a cheap deal that you think highly of and a pick that nets you either a blue chip prospect or trade down bait in a QB starved market. Of course you try to squeeze more out but they're realistically not going to get much better than that considering you can only trade out picks up to 3 years in the future.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:02 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
You certainly don't make just one phone call and do a deal. One wouldn't think that such a thing would need to be stated, but we're talking about the Texans here. They need to accept reality and start making phone calls, or at a minimum announce they are willing to listen to offers. Watson is good enough that they should be able to start a bidding war.
This started because somebody essentially said the Texans just need to stop playing hardball and trade him...
[Reply]
staylor26 12:06 PM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
That's a non factor in my opinion. You'll have enough people bidding for the trade compensation to be at least adequate.
But we have no clue where the starting point is.

Teams aren’t just going to make their best offer today. This is a process, and yea you would think once we get to a bidding war it will end up at fair compensation, but the Texans playing hardball right now is in their best interests.

If they appear desperate to get things done quickly, that doesn’t help them at all.

I’m also a bit skeptical that teams will offer fair compensation, because you can’t really put a price on a young franchise QB. It should be a ridiculous haul.
[Reply]
O.city 12:10 PM 02-03-2021

I’m looking at this from the perspective of a team that’s one more bad trade away from being ****ed for 15 years.

Whatever they get won't be enough. You can't get enough for a 25 year old franchise QB to make the trade equal.

There won't be equal compensation here. If they've pissed him off enough that there's no mending the relationship, realize you're gonna get fucked and you've done this to yourself, get some high picks and move on.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 02-03-2021
Whatever they get won't be enough. You can't get enough for a 25 year old franchise QB to make the trade equal.

There won't be equal compensation here. If they've pissed him off enough that there's no mending the relationship, realize you're gonna get fucked and you've done this to yourself, get some high picks and move on.
Lol you would be such an awful GM.

This is the point I’m trying to make and you get it, but you STILL think the Texans should just take the best offer and move on?

Exactly how does that help the Texans? They possibly get a couple good players? Hypothetically rid themselves of drama only to piss fans off even more for not getting equal compensation? Fuck that.

They’re better off holding out hope that he stays with the team. I’m not taking yet another huge L in a trade. It’s as simple as that.
[Reply]
O.city 12:15 PM 02-03-2021
Lol you would be such an awful GM.

This is the point I’m trying to make and you get it, but you STILL think the Texans should just take the best offer and move on?

Exactly how does that help the Texans?
Nah, I'd be a good GM cause I wouldn't alienate my best most important piece.

There is no help the Texans here. They've completely fucked this thing into oblivion. If Watson is adamant he wants out, will sit out not show up etc, there isn't much they will do.

They don't have to trade him right now. But they need to do it before the draft so they can move forward with the impeding explosion and blowing up of the front office they've assembled.

You're coming at this from the standpoint that they're a competent setup. They aren't. This isn't gonna go well for them.
[Reply]
O.city 12:16 PM 02-03-2021
All of what I'm saying is predicated on the fact that they can't fix this. If it's fractured beyond repair, they're taking a L on the trade or their letting him sit and rot.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:20 PM 02-03-2021
Nah, I'd be a good GM cause I wouldn't alienate my best most important piece.

There is no help the Texans here. They've completely fucked this thing into oblivion. If Watson is adamant he wants out, will sit out not show up etc, there isn't much they will do.

They don't have to trade him right now. But they need to do it before the draft so they can move forward with the impeding explosion and blowing up of the front office they've assembled.

You're coming at this from the standpoint that they're a competent setup. They aren't. This isn't gonna go well for them.
Nick Caserio alienated Watson? News to me...
[Reply]
O.city 12:27 PM 02-03-2021
Nick Caserio alienated Watson? News to me...
Clearly, he's part of the solution here. He's done a bang up job on the coaching search by hiring.......a 65 year old position coach.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 68
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up