ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 50
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2018-2019 Royals Offseason Repository ***
Coach 09:05 PM 10-29-2018
As the season comes to a close after an awful season, there is a possibility of some hope since the team played better in late August to the end of the season.

Here are all the important dates you need to know for the 2018-19 MLB offseason. Some of them do involve the Royals, such as:

Oct. 29: As of 9 a.m. ET on Monday, all eligible players are free agents (Escobar - good riddance).

Oct. 31: Most contract option decisions are due on this date (Hammel should be declined, resulting $2 million buyout and Peralta should be accepted, resulting $3 million increase to the payroll, and could be future flip for additional minor leaguers if he performs well).

Spoiler!

Nov. 2: Deadline for teams to tender their eligible FA the qualifying offer.

Spoiler!

Nov. 3: Free agency begins.

Nov. 4: Gold Glove winners announced (Gordon & Perez).

Spoiler!

Nov. 6-8: General manager meetings in Carlsbad, California.

Nov. 12: Deadline for free agents to accept or reject the qualifying offer.

Nov. 14-15: Owners meetings in Atlanta (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 20: Deadline for teams to add eligible minor leaguers to the 40-man roster to protect them from the Rule 5 Draft.

Spoiler!

Nov. 26-29: MLB Players Association executive board meeting in Dallas (possible future CBA discussions).

Nov. 30: Non-tender deadline.

Dec. 9-13: Winter Meetings in Las Vegas. This is typically when all offseason hell breaks loose.

Dec. 13: Rule 5 Draft (could see the Royals taking a stab here).

Jan. 11: Deadline for teams and arbitration-eligible players to submit 2019 salary figures (I believe KC has some arb-eligible players).

Feb. 1-20: Arbitration hearings. You win some, you lose some.

Mid-Feb. : SPRING TRAINING!

As usual, let's have a good off-season discussion on ways that the Royals can/should/would do to improve. I will try to update the OP as the off-season goes along. And Duncan, you're more than welcome to provide us some information that I can add onto the OP. Just let me know.

To see the 2018 Royals thread, go here.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:50 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by Three7s:
So, 1-5 could be decent, then 6-9 terrible?

I wouldn’t say that. I like Hamilton in KC and in the 9 spot.

Maldonado will be a black hole. Dozier and Goodwin isn’t excited 6-7 though.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:01 PM 03-19-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Trout deserves everything he’s getting. Just like Mahomes and his soon to be contract. Trout is one of those guys that you want your daughter to date.
Trout is going to get paid too little, Harper way to much.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:57 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:

Words can never express just how much I hate Ian kenndy
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 07:11 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I like this lineup.
I just read this and think of how much fun Denny Matthews is going to have with the name SCHwindel.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:16 AM 03-20-2019
72-90
[Reply]
ChiTown 07:55 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:

OMG. That is a LOL shitty rotation.

So, Keller and Junis and pray for 3 days of rain?
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:40 AM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
OMG. That is a LOL shitty rotation.

So, Keller and Junis and pray for 3 days of rain?
It's far from a playoff competing rotation...but I think you're under-selling Lopez. He has a great chance of being the breakout pitcher for us in 2019. After Lopez, it drops off the edge if it's Bailey...and I don't think Duffy will ever be anything more than average, at best. Not sure what to make of Fillmyer, yet.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 08:33 PM 03-20-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
It's far from a playoff competing rotation...but I think you're under-selling Lopez. He has a great chance of being the breakout pitcher for us in 2019. After Lopez, it drops off the edge if it's Bailey...and I don't think Duffy will ever be anything more than average, at best. Not sure what to make of Fillmyer, yet.
I am just asking this out of curiosity, what are you basing this thought off of?
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 09:23 PM 03-20-2019
Poof... Im at Salt River Fields tonight. Lopez gave up 6 runs after 2 innings. Good Luck with that. Good thing April in KC is typically cold & wet.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 10:12 PM 03-20-2019
Esky released by Orioles today.
So, he's available.

Yost::-)
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:24 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
I am just asking this out of curiosity, what are you basing this thought off of?
He has a real live arm...ball moves quite a bit. Basically, when he's on, his stuff is at least as good as Keller's and probably better. His flirting with the no-hitter last year showed what he can do. The key is whether he can make strides in consistency this season. If he doesn't, he'll just be another pitcher with great stuff that couldn't put it together. We will see.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:38 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser:
Poof... Im at Salt River Fields tonight. Lopez gave up 6 runs after 2 innings. Good Luck with that. Good thing April in KC is typically cold & wet.
Wait. He throws well for 4 games in Arizona...but he loses his command in the game you happen to attend and he's all of a sudden no good? Great analysis. It was clear he couldn't put the ball where he wanted it last night. He paid the price for it against a team with a good offense. It happens. If he only has a poor-command game every 5th game during the regular season, sign me up.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 08:19 AM 03-21-2019
Any thoughts on the Royals pulling a surprise for the opening 25/40 this year? I have to admit, I might have fallen victim of Schwindle's Arizona success. But his swing is too long for the majors, right? I'm trying to talk myself out of liking him as an option. Still feels like a AAAA player, but his power is super tempting to have as a right handed option at DH when Soler is in RF. Ynoa is the other guy I'm thinking about. I'd like to push all the chips in on having a bullpen with several live arms that at least have the potential to move several steps towards respectability.

Schwindle would have to be put on the 40...but has options.
Ynoa would also have to be put on the 40...but no options.

40 man release candidates that will likely make it through waivers? Barlow? Greene? (edit - forgot about Flynn...he looks done). I doubt we're keeping Ellis...so that's one spot that will open.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:47 AM 03-21-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
72-90
60-102
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:55 AM 03-21-2019
He has a real live arm...ball moves quite a bit. Basically, when he's on, his stuff is at least as good as Keller's and probably better. His flirting with the no-hitter last year showed what he can do. The key is whether he can make strides in consistency this season. If he doesn't, he'll just be another pitcher with great stuff that couldn't put it together. We will see.
I think Lopez is intriguing, but honestly, I don't see him being consistent enough to stick in the rotation. JMHO
[Reply]
Page 42 of 50
« First < 323839404142 43444546 > Last »
Up