ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 57
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:11 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
What kneeling? Peters never made a big deal about not standing for the anthem and he never kneeled. He sat on the bench behind everyone. If the stupid ****ing cameras would stop following these guys around and making such a big deal out of it, most people would never notice Peters not standing for the anthem.
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’ll say it again: if they are trading Peters because of Clark’s business/political views, it’s a mistake.
Guys if it goes down, it isnt going to be because of that

Even IF Clark wanted to do it for that reason (and I dont believe he does), Reid and co would be in his ear telling him how bad it would damage their credibility with a lot of black players

Not only many of them on the team, but future draftees and free agents as well... if that decision is made, it will strictly be about money/temperment IMO
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:14 PM 02-21-2018
KK was saying something about he thinks Peters will be traded before the draft. I've had a bad cold today and was kind of buzzed out on cold medicine, and wasn't paying a lot of attention. But apparently there's some buzz that Sutton may want to get him off the team because he's a loose cannon.
[Reply]
raybec 4 04:16 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
KK was saying something about he thinks Peters will be traded before the draft. I've had a bad cold today and was kind of buzzed out on cold medicine, and wasn't paying a lot of attention. But apparently there's some buzz that Sutton may want to get him off the team because he's a loose cannon.
Some buzz, that's KK talk for I'm making this up.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:20 PM 02-21-2018
Personally, if there is any truth to this, I say it has NOTHING to do with the anthem. I think it would have everything to do with getting an insane haul for a player who they may have no intention of making the highest paid player at his position in two years, when they need to be thinking about extending their franchise QB.

Peters is a complete and total badass. But part of managing the cap is knowing when to move on from even badass players, because it is going to hamstring your ability to have a complete roster. I'd rather have 90% of Peters' production at 50% of the cost. For instance, getting a $8M per year CB vs. his $16M per year price tag come 2019 offseason. Especially if you can find a good corner in the draft and have five fresh years of rookie contract.

There is a world where this would make sense, and there is a world where it is fucking stupid. We aren't living in either one of them, yet. But I will say the price tag STARTS with a first rounder and goes up from there.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:20 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’ll say it again: if they are trading Peters because of Clark’s business/political views, it’s a mistake.
And if it happens, it confirms that Clark is more focused on running a business than winning a Super Bowl.
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:20 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Some buzz, that's KK talk for I'm making this up.
I don't doubt that. I'm so f'ed up on cold medicine today my IQ is about half, and I don't that much to spare anyway...
[Reply]
gblowfish 04:21 PM 02-21-2018
I do believe the minute Peters can go FA, regardless of where he's playing at that point, will choose to go to the Raiders.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:22 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I do believe the minute Peters can go FA, regardless of where he's playing at that point, will choose to go to the Raiders.
What is Peters' connection to Las Vegas?
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:24 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Personally, if there is any truth to this, I say it has NOTHING to do with the anthem. I think it would have everything to do with getting an insane haul for a player who they may have no intention of making the highest paid player at his position in two years, when they need to be thinking about extending their franchise QB.

Peters is a complete and total badass. But part of managing the cap is knowing when to move on from even badass players, because it is going to hamstring your ability to have a complete roster. I'd rather have 90% of Peters' production at 50% of the cost. For instance, getting a $8M per year CB vs. his $16M per year price tag come 2019 offseason. Especially if you can find a good corner in the draft and have five fresh years of rookie contract.

There is a world where this would make sense, and there is a world where it is ****ing stupid. We aren't living in either one of them, yet. But I will say the price tag STARTS with a first rounder and goes up from there.
This is a reasonable take

Depending on the math Veach is using, this could maybe make sense

But it isnt going to happen because of anthem protests
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:41 PM 02-21-2018
What a waste of spew! Peters isn't going anywhere this year for sure and probably ever. He is the most valuable piece in a secondary that is a weakness. 1.7 million for that can't be replaced. Period.

Possibly it was just put out there to get his attention that he needs to straighten up.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:46 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
If Dorsey wanted to fork over #4 overall I might be inclined to listen.
A #1, no matter how high, is just a lottery ticket. Two firsts or get fisted.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 04:55 PM 02-21-2018
I remember some of the surprise and shock from the NFL outlets when the Chiefs took Peterson at #18. If I recall correctly, a lot of the mock drafts did not have Peters anywhere near the first round. Getting booted from your college squad isn't good for your draft stock. So you'd think Peterson would have some sense of gratitude/loyalty to the Chiefs. I don't know him personally, so maybe I'm wrong...but he doesn't seem to roll that way.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 05:01 PM 02-21-2018
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
I remember some of the surprise and shock from the NFL outlets when the Chiefs took Peterson at #18. If I recall correctly, a lot of the mock drafts did not have Peterson anywhere near the first round. Getting booted from your college squad isn't good for your draft stock. So you'd think Peterson would have some sense of gratitude/loyalty to the Chiefs. I don't know him personally, so maybe I'm wrong...but he doesn't seem to roll that way.
Peterson? :-)
[Reply]
jaa1025 05:12 PM 02-21-2018
Maybe there is some smoke here or maybe not. I also think it may be the Chiefs attempt to send a message to Peters to get his act together for the coming season.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 05:13 PM 02-21-2018
KK is such a dick wad. “I’m going to go ahead and confirm this; Chiefs are trying to trade Marcus Peters.” Just making shit up
[Reply]
Page 42 of 57
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up