ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 293
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2017-2018 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 11:27 AM 04-06-2017
Fuck the elite 8. Final Four or bust, baby.

Will update as people declare for the draft/transfer/commit

ROSTER:

Spoiler!

UPDATE: Important new dates:

Kansas 2017 Summer Tour - Italy
Spoiler!

NON CON SCHEDULE:

Spoiler!

BIG 12 SCHEDULE:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 12:48 PM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Svi has really stepped it up for his senior year. I don't care what some people think, he's a valuable asset to this team. His defense could still use some work but it is improved lately. Here's hoping we get to see DeSouza and Preston very soon.
I was a Svi supporter his freshman-junior years. I was a Svi supporter at the beginning of the year. Then he started thinking the offense went through him and I didn't like him much. Now I'm starting to like him again. He's been trying to win me over again.

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:54 PM 12-22-2017
Did you guys see that Az dunk last night ?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:13 PM 12-22-2017
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Svi has really stepped it up for his senior year. I don't care what some people think, he's a valuable asset to this team. His defense could still use some work but it is improved lately. Here's hoping we get to see DeSouza and Preston very soon.
If you ignore his choking in two embarrassing non-conference losses, he's having a tremendous season.
[Reply]
excessive 07:11 AM 12-23-2017
Silvio De Sousa added to KU hoops roster: ‘I’m going to try to bring what they need’
BY JESSE NEWELL

jnewell@kcstar.com

By Gary Bedore

gbedore@kcstar.com

The Kansas basketball team has a new addition.

Silvio De Sousa, a 6-foot-9 forward from Angola who has been playing for IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., will be reporting to Lawrence on Dec. 26 and can practice immediately with the team, KU coach Bill Self announced Friday.

De Sousa, who is graduating early to start with the Jayhawks second semester, has completed all the required coursework to report to KU, Self said. KU’s athletic department is still working through the NCAA’s amateurism process while hoping to have De Sousa certified as soon as possible for games.

When reached by The Star, De Sousa said, “Of course I’m happy to be there. I’m going to try to bring what they need. Anything to help the team. Anything to help Coach Self and the team. Of course I’ll miss them (IMG teammates). Everyone here has done a lot for me. Of course, I’m happy. I have to be happy. It’s the move I have to make. It’s the move I’ve wanted to make.”

De Sousa was asked if he believed the Jayhawks could make a deep postseason run now that he was on the roster.

“Kansas can always win a championship. It has nothing to do with me,” De Sousa said. “I look forward to coming there and doing what I can to help us win.”

De Sousa, who committed to KU in November, was ranked as Rivals’ 25th-best player in the class of 2018.

As of Friday night, there was no new update on Kansas freshman Billy Preston, who has yet to play in a game this season as the school looks into the financial picture surrounding the car he’s been driving on campus. KU’s findings are reportedly now in the hands of the NCAA.

“The process is still going on,” Self said after his team’s victory over Stanford on Thursday night. “We are led to believe it’s coming to a head. We hope to know something very soon on that situation.”

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...191373024.html
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:39 AM 12-23-2017
Originally Posted by excessive:
Silvio De Sousa added to KU hoops roster: ‘I’m going to try to bring what they need’
BY JESSE NEWELL

jnewell@kcstar.com

By Gary Bedore

gbedore@kcstar.com

Silvio De Sousa, a 6-foot-9 forward from Angola who has been playing for IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., will be reporting to Lawrence on Dec. 26 and can practice immediately with the team, KU coach Bill Self announced Friday.

De Sousa, who is graduating early to start with the Jayhawks second semester, has completed all the required coursework to report to KU, Self said. KU’s athletic department is still working through the NCAA’s amateurism process while hoping to have De Sousa certified as soon as possible for games.

When reached by The Star, De Sousa said, “Of course I’m happy to be there. I’m going to try to bring what they need. Anything to help the team. Anything to help Coach Self and the team. Of course I’ll miss them (IMG teammates). Everyone here has done a lot for me. Of course, I’m happy. I have to be happy. It’s the move I have to make. It’s the move I’ve wanted to make.”

De Sousa was asked if he believed the Jayhawks could make a deep postseason run now that he was on the roster.

“Kansas can always win a championship. It has nothing to do with me,” De Sousa said.
“I look forward to coming there and doing what I can to help us win.”

De Sousa, who committed to KU in November, was ranked as Rivals’ 25th-best player in the class of 2018.

As of Friday night, there was no new update on Kansas freshman Billy Preston, who has yet to play in a game this season as the school looks into the financial picture surrounding the car he’s been driving on campus. KU’s findings are reportedly now in the hands of the NCAA.

“The process is still going on,” Self said after his team’s victory over Stanford on Thursday night. “We are led to believe it’s coming to a head. We hope to know something very soon on that situation.”

Good news.

I wonder if he was coached on those answers. If not the bolded is really rare for a young kid to take.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 08:01 AM 12-23-2017
Originally Posted by excessive:
BY JESSE NEWELL

jnewell@kcstar.com

By Gary Bedore

gbedore@kcstar.com

“Kansas can always win a championship. It has nothing to do with me,” De Sousa said. “I look forward to coming there and doing what I can to help us win.”

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:07 AM 12-23-2017
Boyaa
[Reply]
Al Czervik 08:18 AM 12-23-2017
Great Fucking news.....
Couldnt have come at a better time....

Welcome Silvio....RCJH
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:44 AM 12-23-2017
If we get Preston, depth becomes a strength. We can go ten deep.

6 guards:
Graham
Newman
Svi
Vick
Garrett
Cunliff

4 bigs:
Udoka
Lightfoot
Preston
De Sousa

That’s a loaded roster.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:51 AM 12-23-2017
Much needed depth for the conference grind.
[Reply]
Pablo 09:15 AM 12-23-2017
Is this still the team that's gonna end the streak?
[Reply]
PHOG 09:28 AM 12-23-2017
Good news indeed! :-) Now if Preston turns out favorable, great!
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:36 AM 12-23-2017
Great to get a little depth.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:09 AM 12-23-2017
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Is this still the team that's gonna end the streak?
Maybe. OU looks damn good.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:36 PM 12-23-2017
This team should be rollin' by March.

side topic. Any chance KU lands Zion Williamson?
[Reply]
Page 42 of 293
« First < 323839404142 434445465292142 > Last »
Up