ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 64
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers: Infinity War
keg in kc 02:23 PM 02-11-2017
(Thinking we've abused the Civil War thread enough...)

[Reply]
RunKC 01:15 PM 05-07-2018
FWIW one of the Russo brothers had an AMA at his high school and was asked about Valkyrie and Korg.

Valkyrie lived through Thanos and Russo wouldn’t say what happened to Korg.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:28 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
According to James Gunn, Groot's final "I am Groot" to Rocket as he fades into oblivion was him saying "Dad"

:-)

Aww.

http://ew.com/movies/2018/05/07/jame...-infinity-war/
[Reply]
CoMoChief 02:38 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
According to James Gunn, Groot's final "I am Groot" to Rocket as he fades into oblivion was him saying "Dad"

Is there a groot translator site? Itd be interesting to find out if groot actually has dialogue or just...i am groot.

There used to be a south park kenny mccormick translator site.
[Reply]
bowener 02:49 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Is there a groot translator site? Itd be interesting to find out if groot actually has dialogue or just...i am groot.

Closed captioning used to tell you what Kenny said as well, or at some point that was added because I remember watching/reading it.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:08 PM 05-07-2018

From what I can tell, he has actual "lines" so that Vin Diesel knows what kinds of inflection to use, but I don't think they've ever made it public.
[Reply]
Fish 03:22 PM 05-07-2018
:-)... there's nothing to translate when the same 3 words can mean anything.
[Reply]
EricBerryBoom 04:15 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
:-)... there's nothing to translate when the same 3 words can mean anything.
That would make for the most amazing extras in the history of film. If they had an extended cut that added captions for Groot I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:15 PM 05-07-2018
Just saw Ragnarok finally.

Avengers makes so much more sense now.
[Reply]
Buck 05:19 PM 05-07-2018
I just saw this and I have a few questions since I didn't watch the last 5-8 MCU movies (I think last one I saw was Avengers #1).

1. What movie did Vision come from and what was his origin story?
2. What was the lady who was in love with Vision called and also what is her origin story?
3. Who was the white super hero that was missing his arm in Wakanda?

Bonus question: Can you remind me of all the people who disappeared at the end?
[Reply]
Clyde Frog 05:26 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Buck:
I just saw this and I have a few questions since I didn't watch the last 5-8 MCU movies (I think last one I saw was Avengers #1).

1. What movie did Vision come from and what was his origin story?
2. What was the lady who was in love with Vision called and also what is her origin story?
3. Who was the white super hero that was missing his arm in Wakanda?

Bonus question: Can you remind me of all the people who disappeared at the end?
1) Vision was JARVIS (Tony's AI) who was transferred to the upgraded body that Ultron made for himself, in Age of Ultron, by using the Mind Stone.

2)That was Scarlet Witch (Magneto's daughter but no Magneto cuz Fox sucks) she is immensely powerful. She first appeared in the end scene credits at the end of Winter Soldier but was fully fleshed out in AoU. She had a twin brother "Quicksilver" who died in AoU. Both of them also appeared in the Fox X-Men. IMO, Evan Peters Fox version was actually better than the kid who's name I cant remember who did the Disney portrayal.

3)That was Bucky, heh, he was the Winter Soldier and was originally Steve's bestie in the OG Cpt America.

Bonus: Black Panther, Drax, Starlord, Mantis, Spidey, Groot, Doc Strange, Bucky, Falcon, Nick Fury and Maria Hill.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:28 PM 05-07-2018
Vision was in age of Ultron. He was created from the Jarvis AI and bits of Ultron and the infinity stone.

White dude is Bucky a.k.a. the winter soldier who is Captain America‘s friend during World War II and was supposedly dead but was secretly experimented on to be a super Soldier by Hydra. He was brainwashed and was the main bad guy in the second captain America movie until Cap Rescued him and then that created a divide between Tony Stark and Captain America
[Reply]
Hawk 05:36 PM 05-07-2018
Watch Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Capt America: Winter Soldier to answer your questions. Throw in Capt. America: Civil War and Thor Ragnorak to get a full picture of where things sit heading into Infinity Wars. If you want some depth on Spiderman and Black Panther, you should watch their stand-alone movies too. Oh, and I'm assuming you watched Guardians of the Galaxy, at least the first one. If not, move that to the top of your list because it is excellent.
[Reply]
Buck 05:39 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Watch Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Capt America: Winter Soldier to answer your questions. Throw in Capt. America: Civil War and Thor Ragnorak to get a full picture of where things sit heading into Infinity Wars. If you want some depth on Spiderman and Black Panther, you should watch their stand-alone movies too. Oh, and I'm assuming you watched Guardians of the Galaxy, at least the first one. If not, move that to the top of your list because it is excellent.
I will watch those. I forgot I had seen Guardians of the Galaxy #1 already.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:53 PM 05-07-2018
This was probably obvious to some, but until I was looking at the list of people who died the other day I hadn't fully realized that Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor all survived. It can't be coincidental that the first four main characters all made it.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:22 PM 05-07-2018
The scene where Tony "knights" Spiderman into the Avengers was fantastic. It was probably my favorite stand alone moment of the movie.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 64
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up