ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 70
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Rogue One Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 08:16 PM 03-06-2016
There's quite a bit of info trickling out so its probably time to start a spoiler thread. I'll update with a trailer when it's available.

Trailer #1. This looks amazing!!! Darth Vader, The Emperor, Jyn (Rey's mother?), Forrest Whitaker, Donnie Yen and Alan Tudyk.

[Reply]
trndobrd 10:15 AM 12-18-2016
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
it was NOT fixed with cgi, as i saw the movie and commented to my wife about the same thing, while watching the movie.

vader's suit to helmet ratio was inaccurate. its not my fault if you didnt see it :-)
I also noticed that his helmet didn't seem to fit right. I assumed he had gotten interrupted out of his bubble bath and sort of threw something on.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:24 AM 12-18-2016
it was NOT fixed with cgi, as i saw the movie and commented to my wife about the same thing, while watching the movie.

vader's suit to helmet ratio was inaccurate. its not my fault if you didnt see it :-)
Vader's suit and helmet was purposely designed to look exactly like his suit and helmet at the beginning of Episode IV, which was very different than Episode III and Episode V.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:14 PM 12-18-2016
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Vader's suit and helmet was purposely designed to look exactly like his suit and helmet at the beginning of Episode IV, which was very different than Episode III and Episode V.
Correct. The suit was never symmetrical, all the way up to 'Jedi'.

Only in ROTS did they correct the discrepancy of the misalignment in the helmet.

The theory is that the original suit took an ass-whipping sometime between ROTS and RO, and had to be hastily replaced.

Alright, I've slept on it, and here we stand:

Characters.

The good: well written, main characters are believable and solid throughout the entire movie.
The bad: Why was Forrest Whitaker in this movie again? His character straight sucked and brought nothing to the table. If the audience is supposed to rely on back story for this character, it shows.

Presentation.

The good: excellent attention to visual detail. There is no doubt that we are watching a SW movie. The transition between modern tech and the limitations of the 70's/80's is done better in this film than in the prequels.

The bad: No crawl. Sorry, it needs to be there, even if it is a condensed and modified version.

"Star Trek-y" listing of planets on film.
Boo! Suck! Hiss! If a character tells me that we're headed to the Jive-Ass system, I can figure out on my own that the next shot of atmosphere or an orb in space is in fact the Jive Ass system; I don't need an animated Bootsy Collins to spell it out for me, thanks.

The Score: A nice idea having other composers do the music for these films; yeah, it doesn't work. Watching this movie made me realize just how important John Williams is to the SW universe, as if I didn't already know.

Let's talk Vader.

My only complaint was the first exchange of dialogue. "Try not to choke on your ambition"? Very forced, fan servicy garbage. This was later corrected with the Vader Psychabilly Freakout at the end. Massive JIMP-moment, perfectly executed.
Vader's castle was pure awesome. It was great to see that old concept finally make it to film.

What?

All these pages in, and no mention of Supreme Leader Servant handling Vader's body wash and rubber ducky at the bacta tank?

Come on people; it was right there in front of your face.

A few minor corrections will help put these spin-off movies in the Epi 5 category of awesome.

B+
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:28 PM 12-18-2016
i know about the non symetrical aspect, its the neck. just to further prove vader didn't look as bad ass in rogue one.

this shot is from jedi.

again, his helmet transitions smoothly to the suit in this one, no gaps or cape tucked into neck of helmet :-)
Attached: vader1.png (101.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:39 PM 12-18-2016
i know about the non symetrical aspect, its the neck. just to further prove vader didn't look as bad ass in rogue one.

this shot is from jedi.

again, his helmet transitions smoothly to the suit in this one, no gaps or cape tucked into neck of helmet :-)
Okay, I see now. Thanks!
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 11:29 AM 12-19-2016
K2SO is the comic relief that has been attempted in every SW movie and failed. I thought the droid was hilarious without forcing it, and without being a hindrance to the rest of the cast.

I didn't notice the score, so I guess that's why it didn't bother me, but appears to be a big deal to a bunch of people. I think with the way this movie opened, the crawl would have been absolutely pointless. It would go crawl, flashback, present day. The crawl has always been used to set the stage for the movie. It let's us know what is going on so we can hit the ground running as the movie starts. Since it started with a flashback, it wouldn't have made sense to set the stage for a flashback, only to jump ahead 10 years.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 11:53 AM 12-19-2016
I'd avoided all talk of the movie until we saw it this weekend, so this may have already been covered...

Easter Eggs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8GsDp4Cb6A
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:16 PM 12-19-2016
Anyone else think it would be an amazing movie concept to have a movie around Darth Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi around the galaxies? Show his true fall to darkness, and in the meantime have like 3-5 different saber fights in one movie.

Plus, you could even have another Obi Wan Vs. Darth Vader fight to end the movie with Obi Wan getting away again.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:38 PM 12-19-2016
Well, Gareth Edwards made himself a metric fuckton of money and notoriety with this film.

An earlier link to a KC Star movie critic led to the article where he basically asked if this movie was necessary. I understand the question, but the answer is yes, absolutely yes. I get the feeling this movie was Disney testing the waters to see how popular and profitable a Star Wars movie with a grittier theme could be. We've all heard the calls for an "adult" Star Wars film to be made since basically the prequels, and they wanted to see what kind of reaction such a movie would bring. Hopefully they factor this in with future "story" tales, because this movie was just fantastic for me on most levels. A dark origin story of Han saving Chewie that has the kind of pacing and storytelling that Rogue One did would be amazing. No BB-8, no R2, no Ewoks, no kiddie friendly shit.....just do more of this.

Very much looking forward to seeing it again.
[Reply]
DanBecky 06:02 PM 12-19-2016
I think Vader needs to be put to rest now. We've gotten to see him at his "peek", if you will. He is such a menacing and beloved character, he needs to be left alone. Leave us with what we have seen of him up until this point.

I don't want to see him in an Obi Wan movie. In ANH he says "The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master" (I'd like to think of this as their last confrontation on Mustafar, the last time we see him as Anakin). I think adding yet another fight with Obi Wan would undermine the dialogue they had.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:08 PM 12-19-2016
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
I think Vader needs to be put to rest now. We've gotten to see him at his "peek", if you will. He is such a menacing and beloved character, he needs to be left alone. Leave us with what we have seen of him up until this point.
:-)

Do you really believe that Disney purchased Lucasfilm with the intention of relagating the #1 movie villain of all time to 5 minutes of screen time in its first spinoff film?
[Reply]
DanBecky 06:25 PM 12-19-2016

Do you really believe that Disney purchased Lucasfilm with the intention of relagating the #1 movie villain of all time to 5 minutes of screen time in its first spinoff film?
Of course they won't. They'll do whatever it takes to put butts in seats. It was arguably his greatest appearance on screen. He's going to be used again, I just wouldn't want it to be in another duel with Obi Wan.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:51 PM 12-19-2016

:-) Yeah thats never happening. They may have made their $4 Billion back by the end of 2017. It all profit already. Not to mention huge "Harry Potter" type amusement park rides yet to come.

I ambilivent about watching Obie-WonII, but I defintely want some more Darth Vader in his prime action. Make it his own movie, bigger role in another movie, don't care. Just want more Vader.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:55 PM 12-19-2016
I loved seeing Vader onscreen.

But I do agree that he should never be the main character.

He should be integral to the story and have several scenes, much like the OT, but not the main character or focus.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:53 PM 12-19-2016
That ending Vader scene obviously kicked much ass.....

But why didnt he do that at the Beginning of 'A New Hope' instead of letting the stormtroopers fight it out with the rebels?
[Reply]
Page 42 of 70
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up