ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 66
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What are some of your favorite product purchases?
DaFace 07:47 PM 05-23-2019
A thread to talk about some of the things we've bought and are really happy with. The end. Or the beginning.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:55 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:

Zojirushi Rice Cooker. It's an obscene amount of money to pay for a rice cooker but god damn does this thing make my life easy. Keeps the rice warm for days if you want it to, easy to clean and the rice comes out perfect every time. I have the 5.5 cup version that also has a steamer that you can steam vegetables with also.

Would recommend for anyone who eats rice weekly, this also helped me with meal prepping quite a bit.
What's the difference between the $56 one and the $525 one? It looks like you went with the super-rice option.
[Reply]
SuperChief 04:25 PM 03-01-2022
A rice cooker is THE way to cook rice. It's quick, easy, and the rice comes out perfect every time. You don't need to go expensive on this - we have an Oster cheapo that works great.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:30 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL. I have a 12 year old Blue Heeler and he’s absolutely terrified of it. He doesn’t know what to do with it so he just freezes up and lets it hit him. :-) He’s terrified of the devil machine.

I will say you have to be careful of whatever tiny shit toys your kids leave around. Today it ate a milk dud and stopped. I didn’t even know there were milk duds in the house.
The Rot - oh man do I laugh my ass off.

Because 'I'm going to rip your face off' is a club that dog has in his bag. And I'll be brushing my teeth in the morning and just hear this savage hellish roaring and snarling from the bedroom.

Sure enough, the vacuum had the audacity to approach him before he'd had his morning coffee. And he just lets that vacuum have it. Won't bite and tear at it, but lunges/snaps and will make every terrifying guttural noise known to creation.

Just cracks me up. He's scared of it, but just too damn bull headed to run away from it like a normal dog, so he just decides he's going to cow it into submission. And invariably it bumps into him, triggers its sensor, turns around and leaves him with a sense of accomplishment.

Pain in the ass dog...

Oh, and you say you have to be careful of 'tiny shit toys' - you know what you REALLY have to be careful of?

Old incontinent dogs.

Lemme tell you how much it sucked to step out of the shower to THAT...

Shit everywhere. EEEEEEEEVERYWHERE. It had dragged poo all over the place, sucked it into the machine. And no it wasn't hard, of course not. Just a nice soupy poo that it just ground into the carpet.

{shudder}
[Reply]
Shoes 04:32 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
What's the difference between the $56 one and the $525 one? It looks like you went with the super-rice option.
The model I have is the NS-TSC10/18 which I paid around $225 at the time, might be able to find it cheaper. Haha I can't speak for the quality of the $525 version but I do know the top end models are a rice cooker + pressure cooker. I've heard the fancy models will adjust the heat while cooking depending on how much water you've added to ensure the fluffiest rice, which essentially makes them idiot proof. Probably some additional bells and whistles also.

Not sure about the $56 one but probably doesn't have the delay setting, the extending keep warm setting (I've kept rice warm for 36 hours before, no idea what its limit is) and maybe doesn't cook all types of rice well. I'd imagine that the cheap rice cooker just heats from the bottom as opposed to surrounding the rice with heat.
[Reply]
Shoes 04:37 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
A rice cooker is THE way to cook rice. It's quick, easy, and the rice comes out perfect every time. You don't need to go expensive on this - we have an Oster cheapo that works great.
I need a rice snob to defend my honor here.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:11 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The Rot - oh man do I laugh my ass off.

Because 'I'm going to rip your face off' is a club that dog has in his bag. And I'll be brushing my teeth in the morning and just hear this savage hellish roaring and snarling from the bedroom.

Sure enough, the vacuum had the audacity to approach him before he'd had his morning coffee. And he just lets that vacuum have it. Won't bite and tear at it, but lunges/snaps and will make every terrifying guttural noise known to creation.

Just cracks me up. He's scared of it, but just too damn bull headed to run away from it like a normal dog, so he just decides he's going to cow it into submission. And invariably it bumps into him, triggers its sensor, turns around and leaves him with a sense of accomplishment.

Pain in the ass dog...

Oh, and you say you have to be careful of 'tiny shit toys' - you know what you REALLY have to be careful of?

Old incontinent dogs.

Lemme tell you how much it sucked to step out of the shower to THAT...

Shit everywhere. EEEEEEEEVERYWHERE. It had dragged poo all over the place, sucked it into the machine. And no it wasn't hard, of course not. Just a nice soupy poo that it just ground into the carpet.

{shudder}
Ohhh. No. Nope. Not good for that.

One time the dog barfed right in front of it It went like 3 feet in a hard floor. That was enough.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 06:29 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Can they go under water? I use them fro night diving and shooting video under water...
That particular model doesn't, but I think they have some that do. Fantastic warranty.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:25 PM 03-01-2022
Purdy paint brushes
Chroma Base Paint
[Reply]
srvy 08:50 PM 03-01-2022
Originally Posted by Shoes:

Zojirushi Rice Cooker. It's an obscene amount of money to pay for a rice cooker but god damn does this thing make my life easy. Keeps the rice warm for days if you want it to, easy to clean and the rice comes out perfect every time. I have the 5.5 cup version that also has a steamer that you can steam vegetables with also.

Would recommend for anyone who eats rice weekly, this also helped me with meal prepping quite a bit.
My wife who is Filipina eats Jasmin rice with every meal says she never feels full without rice. Well she cooks it with a beat-up old aluminum pan with an aluminum lid with a steam hole at the top. I decided to get a Zojirushi for a present she used it once and it set for an entire year on the counter. She dragged out her stovetop rice steamer. I put it in basement storage where it has set a good 10 years. She said the Japanese cant grow or cook rice to save their souls. Filipinos aren't too fond of the Japanese lol.

I have the same battle with a huge aluminum wok that she cooks pansit and other stir-fries. I have given her the unhealthy aspects of that type of pan and bought other steel woks. They are given away or in storage too.
:-):-)
[Reply]
Reroka 06:28 AM 03-02-2022
https://byrna.com/

A real nice non- lethal form of self- Defense.
[Reply]
scho63 06:32 AM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Just go this. No more ironing nice shirts when I can just hang them and follow with a steamer. Super easy and works way better than I expected. 65,000 reviews weren't wrong.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How long before the dampness is gone?
[Reply]
Katipan 06:37 AM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
My wife who is Filipina eats Jasmin rice with every meal says she never feels full without rice. Well she cooks it with a beat-up old aluminum pan with an aluminum lid with a steam hole at the top. I decided to get a Zojirushi for a present she used it once and it set for an entire year on the counter. She dragged out her stovetop rice steamer. I put it in basement storage where it has set a good 10 years. She said the Japanese cant grow or cook rice to save their souls. Filipinos aren't too fond of the Japanese lol.

I have the same battle with a huge aluminum wok that she cooks pansit and other stir-fries. I have given her the unhealthy aspects of that type of pan and bought other steel woks. They are given away or in storage too. :-):-)
😂❤️ She’s not wrong
[Reply]
lewdog 07:26 AM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
In AZ.....about 30 minutes. :-)
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:50 AM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Depends on how good you look in that wrinkle free shirt.
[Reply]
Fish 11:05 AM 03-02-2022
Originally Posted by Reroka:
https://byrna.com/

A real nice non- lethal form of self- Defense.
Why not just get bear spray or mace if you insist on non-lethal? Somebody who insists on using non-lethal methods likely can't aim a gun for shit.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 66
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up