ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 42 of 59
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Breeland Speaks Thread*****
Dante84 06:08 PM 04-27-2018

Remember this guy? �� He’s headed to the Kansas City Chiefs. pic.twitter.com/H9Pqq8jPJS

— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) April 28, 2018

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ROYC75 04:02 PM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Still slower than shit.

He needs to gain 20lbs and play DE on the line.
This.

He had a sack that took him 5 sec. to get to the QB. :-)
[Reply]
MahiMike 04:02 PM 10-28-2018
He's kindof a 2 trick pony. Good at rushing the passer and good at stopping the run. Can't run for chit though.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:06 PM 10-28-2018
Mitch Holthus said some interesting stuff post game about this guy.

Said Veach knew he wasn’t going to be what he wanted him to be this season, but still had the hustle and strength to rotate as a rusher.

Also mentioned that they saw him as a similar player as Tamba Hali and an offseason of dropping about 15 lbs to Tamba’s weight of 265-270 and adding strength would really help him.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 04:35 PM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
...Also mentioned that they saw him as a similar player as Tamba Hali...
Well he was getting held like Tamba (neck clothesline) on that sack play, so. makes sense.
[Reply]
nychief 04:42 PM 10-28-2018
He is starting and contributing, he should improve. I think that is not a bad harbinger of things to come.
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 04:57 PM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
He's kindof a 2 trick pony. Good at rushing the passer and good at stopping the run. Can't run for chit though.
This joke?
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 04:58 PM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
K-Pass looks better every time he's on the field.
No he doesnt.
[Reply]
In58men 05:01 PM 10-28-2018
I like Speaks. Patience people, patience.
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:03 PM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I don't understand how it's Week 8 and he's still a fatass.

What is this dude eating? Ice cream and pizza?
He is a big body.

DJ never ever ever looked lean, and Speaks is just a much larger dude than DJ.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:05 PM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mitch Holthus said some interesting stuff post game about this guy.

Said Veach knew he wasn’t going to be what he wanted him to be this season, but still had the hustle and strength to rotate as a rusher.

Also mentioned that they saw him as a similar player as Tamba Hali and an offseason of dropping about 15 lbs to Tamba’s weight of 265-270 and adding strength would really help him.
Hali was a hand-in-dirt 43 DE coming out of college, drafted to do just exactly that in the pros (under Herm).

He switched to OLB when the new coaching era (Haley/Pioli) came along, after 3yrs into his NFL career. At this point, he knows how to practice, prep, and is accustomed to the speed/complexity of the NFL game.

It was a little easier transition for Hali than it's going to be for Speaks, and more importantly...just because Hali did it, doesn't mean Speaks will too. He just doesn't look the part...at all. Waaaay too slow, and even if he drops 20lbs, I'm not sure that's going to be enough to make up for his super duper sloth speed.

I mean...it's a problem when you've seen 4th graders run faster than what Speaks is doing out on an NFL field.

I just really have a hard time stomaching the Chiefs using another 2nd rd pick (via trading up) for a another project, on a team that's desperate for talent at every level. KPass is never on the field. Say what you want about his mutant-like physical traits, he simply can't get it done enough to even warrant more PT on a team that just resigned Zombo.

Reid era has been shitty at drafting/developing defensive players, other than for a few players, one of which was traded for peanuts and is no longer w/ KC.

KPass had a nice TFL today, but at some point, you need starters who can contribute with those early picks rd 1-3. Hopefully this guy plays more and stays out of the inj tub.

Dorian O'Daniel had another good game today. Don't know why the Chiefs waited til the 4th qtr to sub him into the game. KC current LB's cant fill gaps, tackle or disrupt running plays in backfield anyways so wtf not?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 05:08 PM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He is a big body.

DJ never ever ever looked lean, and Speaks is just a much larger dude than DJ.

DJ was by no means, a fat body at any point in his career and ran like a deer coming out of UT.

Speaks has a fucking keg hanging over his belt line.

Speaks is fat because he played DT in the SEC, now he's being asked to do something that's over is own head I'm afraid.

For the Chiefs sake, I hope he gets to camp next yr at 260ish...not counting on it though. Here it is 5months from the time he was drafted, and he still looks like the guy that walked through the door at Chiefs facilities day 1.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:19 PM 10-28-2018
the weird thing is that he looks slow getting sacks but he is getting sacks
[Reply]
rydogg58 07:23 PM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Exactly. I don't care how fat he looks, or how slow he is. He seems to have a knack of getting to the QB. Sure, he doesn't have elite speed, but he's productive.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:27 PM 10-28-2018
Not worried about Speaks.
[Reply]
Coach 07:27 PM 10-28-2018
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Well, he is relentless, I will give him that. He doesn't quit.
[Reply]
Page 42 of 59
« First < 323839404142 4344454652 > Last »
Up