ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4122 of 4916
« First < 3122362240224072411241184119412041214122 41234124412541264132417242224622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:44 PM 03-16-2023
:-)

Last season Vance Joseph blitzed Patrick Mahomes over 54% of the time in a single game. The most anyone ever blitzed Mahomes

The result, Mahomes tied a record for most TD passes against the blitz w/4 since NextGen started tracking that stat

Let's hope this was a lesson learned

— ThatsGoodSports (@BrandonPerna) February 23, 2023

[Reply]
MagicHef 09:53 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Joseph?
He obviously wasn’t taking about Joseph, he said he was a “decent coordinator”.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:57 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
How confident are you in that prediction?
I'm not convinced Russ can win more games over the next 2 years even if Rodgers only plays this year.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:04 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Maybe.

Payton knows how to get the most out of a QB though. Maybe not at Andy's level, but not that far off either. hell, he made Jameis look like a credible starter again. Shit, he made Taysom Hill look like a serviceable QB, and that guy's a TE, for crying out loud.
Will Payton want to modify his offense to fit Russ?

I have serious doubts and adding Lombardi makes me think this won't go so well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:14 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Will Payton want to modify his offense to fit Russ?

I have serious doubts and adding Lombardi makes me think this won't go so well.
Apparently he already has. I think it’s pretty obvious at this point that Payton is going to run a rush heavy offense. He acquired Burton, fcs. He’s literally building a Russ-proof offense. Or at least he’s trying. But every move he’s made so far screams “limit Russell’s ability to make decisions for himself.”

Now, Russ may still sabotage the offense. But Payton is quite clearly limiting Wilson’s opportunities to affect the game.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:15 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
I'm not convinced Russ can win more games over the next 2 years even if Rodgers only plays this year.
Hear that Knowmo?
[Reply]
tredadda 10:21 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
He does? He hired Vance fucking Joseph, and Joe Lombardi. 2 of the worst coordinators he could have hired. Doesn’t seem like a great staff to me.
Remember when Vance Joseph was so bad that Broncos fans used to call him Radio? Pepperidge Farms remembers, but it will be different this time, Knowmo swears by it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:26 PM 03-16-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Apparently he already has. I think it’s pretty obvious at this point that Payton is going to run a rush heavy offense. He acquired Burton, fcs. He’s literally building a Russ-proof offense. Or at least he’s trying. But every move he’s made so far screams “limit Russell’s ability to make decisions for himself.”

Now, Russ may still sabotage the offense. But Payton is quite clearly limiting Wilson’s opportunities to affect the game.
There's a lot more to making Russ work than running the ball.

Because if that's the solution it's not a great one.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 04:51 AM 03-17-2023
Time to go 8-7 and lower those, now Bronco, draft picks. Russell Wilson into infinity!
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:25 AM 03-17-2023
All practice-squad players report to the stadium on game day dressed in club sweats and most go through a full workout many hours before kick-off

No wonder the Broncos suck. The complete team is already tuckered out
[Reply]
BEAVER 11:13 AM 03-17-2023

Load the box and make Tater beat you. Once upon a time he could do it with his legs - but that day is done.

He doesn't have Lockett or Metcalf to track down those 3rd down desperation heaves after handing off on 1st and 2nd.

Unless Tater flips a switch and becomes something he has NEVER been - a take what is available QB - it just isn't going to work.
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:33 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by BEAVER:
Unless Tater flips a switch and becomes something he has NEVER been - a take what is available QB - it just isn't going to work.
Oh dude, he took what was available alright
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:43 AM 03-17-2023

No, sorry. I didn't make myself clear.

Sean is trying to prove a concept to ownership. That concept is basically, "I can build an offense that can operate with a certain degree of success with this limited QB, and I can do it in just one season."

He's not trying to prove he can win anything, other than win games DEN should win, and maybe half the games they shouldn't. Half is probably a little too much, but you get the idea.

What he's doing now isn't what the offense will look like in two or three years, is my point. He's just laying a foundation, something to build upon that's stable, with the extremely limited options he has with personnel.

Right now, that means upgrading the OL a bit, and build a running game to establish physicality as part of their team ethos or whatever. That also limits how much Russ has to stand back there and think, because that's obviously a weakness anyone would want to avoid a much as possible.

Sean always coaches QBs to be on time. Brees was maybe the best at it, ever. But he also got Jameis to be a lot better at it. Taysom struggled with being on time, but he learned to be somewhat competent at it.

But being on time is how Sean schemes easy passes for his QBs, right? And being on time means a ton less "let me stand back here or scramble around and try to play playground ball," which is definitely not a strength for Russ anymore.

That's what he's going to try to do with Russ. The issue is that Russ has never been good at timing, so we'll see how that goes.

But the running game is how Sean builds some insurance for the offense in case Russ just can't be consistently on time.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:53 AM 03-17-2023
Denver isn't winning shit
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:54 AM 03-17-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
:-)

Having....the ....time....OF HIS LIFE!
[Reply]
Page 4122 of 4916
« First < 3122362240224072411241184119412041214122 41234124412541264132417242224622 > Last »
Up