ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 61
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2024 NCAA Tourney Thread***
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:41 PM 03-19-2024
Tourney begins momentarily with Howard/Wagner as the first play-in game, followed by Colorado St/Virginia later this evening.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:09 PM 03-31-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Fuck you Tripikowski!! Go have a seat!
Couldn't happen to a cuntier fucking cunt.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:09 PM 03-31-2024
Burns Jr with the body positive spin move floater
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:09 PM 03-31-2024
What was San Diego State last year

ANd butler a few years ago.
[Reply]
Bearcat 05:10 PM 03-31-2024
Originally Posted by bdj23:
And zero to the title game

Good teams win the ncaa tournament.
By that metric, the Miami Dolphins would win a SB and it wouldn't be a big deal... they're "a good team".

Unlike NC State, they didn't make it to the AFCCG.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:10 PM 03-31-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
UConn with another easy final 4
Not expecting either team to beat UConn, but Alabama and Purdue are the type of teams that could give UConn trouble given they shoot well from 3 (Purdue is the #1 and Alabama #21 in the country from 3).

Clingan vs Edey will be fun to watch.

I don't think Alabama has the personnel to match UConn, Purdue does given their guards, shooting 3s, and Edey.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:24 PM 03-31-2024
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Really only their 2014 team was pretty mediocre.

They were fairly consistently good under Calhoun from 1999 until he retired. Ollie just had a random ass run before getting shit canned.
2011 was ranked 10th in KenPom and 2014 was ranked 15th. That's some kind of good luck.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:26 PM 03-31-2024
Not expecting either team to beat UConn, but Alabama and Purdue are the type of teams that could give UConn trouble given they shoot well from 3 (Purdue is the #1 and Alabama #21 in the country from 3).

I don't think Alabama has the personnel to match UConn, Purdue does given their guards, shooting 3s, and Edey.
I think Purdue has at least a shot against UConn as I don't think Clingan will be able to stop Edey (like he can stop basically everybody else in the country) and UConn's bigs don't shoot (so they won't be able to take advantage of Edey's lack of mobility defensively).

Still wouldn't expect it though. They have an advantage at every position but Edey.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:30 PM 03-31-2024
NC State is 49 in KenPom right now btw

Worst team to make a FF in that metric since 2011 VCU
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:31 PM 03-31-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
2011 was ranked 10th in KenPom and 2014 was ranked 15th. That's some kind of good luck.
They were a 7 seed in 2014 and a 3 in 2011.

I don't think if you're a 4 seed or above that it's much luck to go on a run.

UConn just had like little to no success prior to 1999 and they already have 5 titles with 3 coaches since then. There's not really a good comparison of their success vs any other program given that it's all recent. Duke, for instance, had some success before K.

Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I think Purdue has at least a shot against UConn as I don't think Clingan will be able to stop Edey (like he can stop basically everybody else in the country) and UConn's bigs don't shoot (so they won't be able to take advantage of Edey's lack of mobility defensively).

Still wouldn't expect it though. They have an advantage at every position but Edey.
Yeah I don't expect Purdue to beat UConn, but I don't think it's unreasonable to think that they can matchup well vs them or win if they play their best and UConn plays less than their best.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 05:33 PM 03-31-2024
PORTLAND, Ore. -- The NC State Wolfpack and Texas Longhorns played Sunday's Region 4 final on a court with 3-point lines of different distances at the top of the key.

"The NCAA was notified today that the 3-point lines on the court at Moda Center in Portland are not the same distance," the association said in a statement during the Wolfpack's 76-66 win.

The error on the court, which had been used for four women's regional semifinals Friday and Saturday, was discovered prior to Sunday's game. After consulting with officials, Longhorns coach Vic Schaefer and Wolfpack coach Wes Moore agreed to continue with the game rather than delaying it for a remeasurement.

"The two head coaches were made aware of the discrepancy and elected to play a complete game on the court as is, rather than correcting the court and delaying the game," the statement read. "The court will be corrected before tomorrow's game in Portland."

Because teams switch sides of the court at halftime, there was no apparent edge for either team.

A delay would have taken at least an hour, Schaefer said, because someone from the outside would have had to be brought in to re-mark the floor, and it could have forced the game to be bumped from being broadcast on ABC.

"At the end of the day we had already played a game on it and we both won, so we just decided to play," Schaefer said.

Through five games, teams shooting on the end with the closer 3-point arc were 25.8% (23-of-89) on 3-pointers. At the end of the floor that appeared correct, teams shot 33.3% (29-of-87).

On Monday, the Moda Center will play host to the Region 3 final between No. 1-seeded USC and No. 3-seeded UConn.

It wasn't clear whether the lines would be repainted or corrected with tape, Lisa Peterson, chair of the Division I women's basketball committee, told ESPN later Sunday. The court needs to be measured professionally to determine the precise error in distance, Peterson added.

Baylor coach Nicki Cullen, whose team lost to USC in the Sweet 16, posted on social media that with eight teams at one site, the focus was on the game plan, not what the court looked like.

Baylor was 6-of-14 on 3-pointers in the second half while shooting at the end of the floor with the longer arc.

"Guess that's why we shot it better in the 2nd half," Cullen wrote.

Information from ESPN's Alexa Philippou and The Associated Press was used in this report.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 05:35 PM 03-31-2024
Watching NC ST brings back some great memories.

That 74 championship team was incredible.

Monte Towe, Tom Burleson, David (Sky Walker) Thompson, Tim Stoddard (who would go on to pitch for Orioles.

it's kind of a shame that so many folks missed out on Thompson's first pro year. He was a high flyer but was kind of in the shadow of Dr. J.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:38 PM 03-31-2024

Purdue can hang. Alabama probably can't without foul trouble / hot from 3. I'm not real familiar with their personnel, but they need to get Clingan out of the lane with some offensive movement. The KU game is a good template to beat them.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:43 PM 03-31-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Purdue can hang. Alabama probably can't without foul trouble / hot from 3. I'm not real familiar with their personnel, but they need to get Clingan out of the lane with some offensive movement. The KU game is a good template to beat them.
I think Bama can score on UConn if they hit their threes (they won't be stupid enough to keep driving at Clingan like Illinois for example). Don't see any way they can stop them though.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 05:50 PM 03-31-2024
It is in Duke’s charter that they have at least one player on the roster that everyone wants to punch in the face.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:37 PM 03-31-2024
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
It is in Duke’s charter that they have at least one player on the roster that everyone wants to punch in the face.
There are literally opposing team message board threads about dumb Jon Sheyer faces.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 61
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up