ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 192
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 01-19-2024
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I honestly don't even know wtf you're talking about with this whole "AJ Brown went MIA" thing. Brown played in every game this year. He only had two games with less than 4 receptions all year. I don't know when he went MIA. That entire team went "MIA" if you want to call it that for the entirety of the last half of the season.

DeVonta had at least 4 receptions in all but 3 games and two of those 3 were 3 catches. He had over 1k yards and 7 TDs again. I don't know who you're thinking of but DeVonta Smith never has been less than good. His career trajectory is considerably better than Aiyuk's.
He's put up 1k yard seasons once Brown got there.

In the playoff game and in any game Brown hasn't been there, Smith seems to be more accessory piece to me but maybe that's just gonna happen when a guy like Brown goes down. He's a good wr, solid player. I don't think it's wrong to say in hindsight, he's been a bit underwhelming considering where he was picked.

Aiyuk's rookie year he missed some games, but since then has been the better player and is playing in a run first play action style offense.
[Reply]
O.city 09:16 AM 01-19-2024
Uh.... Franklin weighs 180 pounds man. He certainly is unlikely to play like a big man.

Leggette is a one-year wonder. I mean, I'm happy he was still a lesser player in his 5th year, after taking roids, than Franklin was in his 3rd.
I don't like Leggette in the first but he's probably going there right?

My issue with Franklin (or a couple of these others) in teh first is that I just keep finding guys I like as well in the 2nd.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:13 PM 01-19-2024
Aiyuk is a decent comp to Rice IMO
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:26 PM 01-19-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I just don't think they have the draft capital to really move up. They need all the picks this year.
Doesn't just have to be 2024 draft picks...
[Reply]
RunKC 01:53 PM 01-19-2024
Daniel Jeremiah just released his first mock. Gave us Tez Walker
[Reply]
Shoes 02:28 PM 01-19-2024
I don't like Leggette in the first but he's probably going there right?

My issue with Franklin (or a couple of these others) in teh first is that I just keep finding guys I like as well in the 2nd.
I think because Legette is a 5th year + 1 year of production that I don't believe he's going to be a 1st round pick. I think he's going to be too polarizing but Senior Bowl week of practices and combine will give us a better indicator.

Originally Posted by RunKC:
Daniel Jeremiah just released his first mock. Gave us Tez Walker
I'd be pretty disappointed with Tez in the first- I just don't see how you can value him ahead of Coleman/Franklin/Mitchell etc.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:42 PM 01-19-2024
He's put up 1k yard seasons once Brown got there.

In the playoff game and in any game Brown hasn't been there, Smith seems to be more accessory piece to me but maybe that's just gonna happen when a guy like Brown goes down. He's a good wr, solid player. I don't think it's wrong to say in hindsight, he's been a bit underwhelming considering where he was picked.

Aiyuk's rookie year he missed some games, but since then has been the better player and is playing in a run first play action style offense.
Smith only had 1 season in Philly before Brown got there, his rookie season, in which he put up 916 yards and 5 TDs. That's pretty damn good for a season in which a supposedly complimentary WR operated without Brown on the other side in a less than prolific offense at the time.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 03:17 PM 01-19-2024
Originally Posted by Shoes:
I think because Legette is a 5th year + 1 year of production that I don't believe he's going to be a 1st round pick. I think he's going to be too polarizing but Senior Bowl week of practices and combine will give us a better indicator.

I'd be pretty disappointed with Tez in the first- I just don't see how you can value him ahead of Coleman/Franklin/Mitchell etc.
Agreed on Tez, but I guess I haven't looked into him too much. I know the guys at PFF are high on him, and he either missed a bunch of games this year or his QB did so his season stats aren't apples-to-apples.

DK Metcalf, the guy everyone likes to compare Legette to, went #64 overall. Legette, however, had about equal yards last season to DK's entire college career. I'd guess top of the 2nd grade? ...is there ANY president for a 5th-yr Sr WR breaking out like Legette?
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 03:03 PM 01-20-2024
Good interview with Jim Nagy about some Senior Bowl WR's, particularly Legette, Corley, Cowling and Jha'Quan Jackson.

[Reply]
Couch-Potato 05:44 PM 01-20-2024
Is this guy off our radar? He's got some pretty serious production over the last two years and some unique traits.

10) Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky
There isn’t much Group of Five representation among the top receiver prospects in the 2024 NFL Draft, but Western Kentucky’s Malachi Corley is making up for that ten-fold.

Corley dominated for the Hilltoppers in 2022, amassing 101 catches for 1,293 yards and 11 touchdowns. In 2023, he nearly reflected that production with 79 catches for 984 yards and 11 more scores.

Corley is one of the most unique WRs in the 2024 crop, sporting a hyper-dense 5’11”, 210-pound frame. With his burst and contact balance, he’s an elite RAC weapon over the middle of the field and during screen passes.

Corley also has the toughness and physicality to secure contested attempts. While he can keep refining his game as an independent separator, his ability to explode through space and generate extra yards is invaluable, as he showed time and time again this season.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:00 PM 01-20-2024
Video above claims Legette's only 6-1.

Keon Coleman's supposed to be 6-4, looks it too, and has some really nice highlights!

Changing my mind about Coleman, again. He or Legette would be interesting playmakers in KC.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:36 AM 01-23-2024
I may have missed it, but has there been any discussion on here of Brenden Rice (Jerry Rice's son)? See rankings showing him as a day 2 prospect. He certainly has the pedigree and the size/speed numbers look good, wouldn't mind another Rice at WR lol.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:43 AM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I may have missed it, but has there been any discussion on here of Brenden Rice (Jerry Rice's son)? See rankings showing him as a day 2 prospect. He certainly has the pedigree and the size/speed numbers look good, wouldn't mind another Rice at WR lol.
The guys at The Huddle Report just released their first Top 200 board yesterday and they have him as a 4th rounder. They tend to be as "on par" as anyone with rankings. This will obviously move come spring but its solid right now IMO.

https://thehuddlereport.com/valueboard.shtml
[Reply]
Palangi 11:09 AM 01-23-2024
The guys at The Huddle Report just released their first Top 200 board yesterday and they have him as a 4th rounder. They tend to be as "on par" as anyone with rankings. This will obviously move come spring but its solid right now IMO.

https://thehuddlereport.com/valueboard.shtml
If he runs willi think he will move up into the second round
[Reply]
kccrow 11:23 AM 01-23-2024
Originally Posted by Palangi:
If he runs willi think he will move up into the second round
Entirely possible to maybe even probable. I think he's no less than a mid-3rd rounder myself. I think he's better than McConkey, Wilson, Wilson, Corley, and Burton on that list. I also trust his hands and his routes. He looks like a 4.50 guy like Rashee to me, maybe high 4.4s.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 192
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Up