Per 610.

The ****?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:38 PM 06-22-2017
We still got Tyreek and Mahommy so our future is bright
[Reply]
petegz28 04:39 PM 06-22-2017
Scenario that must be considered:

Reid had the most say on every draft pick.
It was Dorsey's job to scout for Reid and work the $'s. But the picks were Reid.
Dorsey fucked up the handling of the $'s.
Clark says: Reid is the man behind the picks so why am I diking with Dorsey if he can't manage the $'s right and won't even commit to KC?
Reid gets handed full control
Dorsey gets fired
We're in the same boat we were yesterday, no Maclin, no Charles.

This cannot be ruled out and in Clark's eyes is probably viewed as a wash. If Reid was more of the man behind the talent and Dorsey was smoke and mirrors with it while fucking up the $'s then yeah,....I see this happening.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:39 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
We still got Tyreek and Mahommy so our future is bright
Depends on who wanted Mahomes more: Reid or Dorsey.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:39 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Maybe because more power was part of Reid's contract extension that just happened.
This is a theory worth exploring.

I just want to stomp right now. If I was wearing shoes with a more rigid sole, I would.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:40 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
He was busy discovering Tyreek Hill and Chris Jones. He was about to get to those other issues.
Dorsey wasn't perfect but he was damn good.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:40 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Maybe because more power was part of Reid's contract extension that just happened.
Except it wasn't
[Reply]
TEX 04:40 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Didn't go through the whole thread, but my take on this is that perhaps Dorsey wanted some sort of "out" in his contract should something open up at GB. Clark wanted a long term commitment. And, in the end, they could not agree. So, Clark decided to go find him a long term answer....now.
Yep. I thought the same thing.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:40 PM 06-22-2017
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...148435184.html

IMO, I could see the loyalty issue with JC and Maclin but Reid vouched for PMII.

The salary cap issue was the sticking point with all things considered.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:41 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by Meatloaf:
Didn't go through the whole thread, but my take on this is that perhaps Dorsey wanted some sort of "out" in his contract should something open up at GB. Clark wanted a long term commitment. And, in the end, they could not agree. So, Clark decided to go find him a long term answer....now.
Trump...I mean Clark demanded loyalty..., when Dorsey declined, Clark said YOU ARE FIRED, You have ten minutes to clean out your shit. Get the Fuck out of here. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:41 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:

It was Dorsey's job to scout for Reid and work the $'s. But the picks were Reid.
Dorsey ****ed up the handling of the $'s.
Clark says: Reid is the man behind the picks so why am I diking with Dorsey if he can't manage the $'s right and won't even commit to KC?
Dorsey gets fired

This cannot be ruled out and in Clark's eyes is probably viewed as a wash. If Reid was more of the man behind the talent and Dorsey was smoke and mirrors with it while ****ing up the $'s then yeah,....I see this happening.
What was Reid's situation in Philadelphia? Did he have GM powers there, or was there a GM in place?
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 04:42 PM 06-22-2017
because Chiefs.

Only true answer.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:42 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by petegz28:

Dorsey ****ed up the handling of the $'s.
Dorsey gets fired

This cannot be ruled out and in Clark's eyes is probably viewed as a wash. If Reid was more of the man behind the talent and Dorsey was smoke and mirrors with it while ****ing up the $'s then yeah,....I see this happening.
Don't the Chiefs moves of this era seem a lot more GBish than PHI? I think hoping that Reid was the guy picking the talent and Dorsey was along for the ride is wishful thinking.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:43 PM 06-22-2017
When you play the Game of Thrones you either win or you get fired by Clark Hunt

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 04:43 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Don't the Chiefs moves of this era seem a lot more GBish than PHI? I think hoping that Reid was the guy picking the talent and Dorsey was along for the ride is wishful thinking IMO.
Agreed
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:43 PM 06-22-2017
Originally Posted by 3rd Quarter 38-10:
Scott Pioli has been successful everywhere he has been except...

There is another problem in KC!
:-)
[Reply]
Page 41 of 137
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Up