ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 136
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Golf Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:08 PM 02-07-2015
The original Bushwood thread is overflowing like Craig Stadler's FUPA.

Use this thread to discuss tournaments, swing thoughts, equipment, and golf deals.

I thought we could also use the OP to create a WITB for ChiefsPlanet members. I'll list a poster's name and put their sticks in a spoiler tag, so you can see what everyone is carrying.
[Reply]
philfree 05:50 PM 06-13-2015
I don't recall the last time I walked 18 holes but I did it today. The clubs were on the cart but I let the other guy drive and walked it all. The little shots get harder when one is tired.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 05:58 PM 06-13-2015
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Is this part of the new eco friendly courses?
No, it's a function of the area.

Once you get around the Bay Area and up on the Pacific coast, the weather is cool enough that poa annua takes over the greens. It grows ridiculously fast in mild conditions, but burns out and dies when it gets really hot, which is while you'll often see it early in the year on courses in the MW, but it's gone by late June.

The problem with poa is that it forms seed heads really quickly, which means that the greens are not going to putt true late in the day (that quick seed dispersal system is also why it spreads so quickly).

One of the reasons why Pebble is not in the elite of the elite, IMO, is due to it having poa greens for the same reason, although theirs don't look nearly as bad as the Chambers green did in that clip.

Originally Posted by Jerm:
+3-+5 will probably win that...gonna be another Shinnecock.
I'd like to see a score in that range, but Mike Davis sets up US Opens with the seeming desire to threaten scoring records every year, so I doubt that happens. He's turned a tournament that was about survival and attrition into a normal tour event. I hope he gets shitcanned ASAP.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:49 AM 06-18-2015
The first hole of Chambers takes some blood from the featured group. Cabrera bogeys, Mikelson hit an amazing recovery to save par, and Gary Watson doubles from the middle of the fairway without putting it in the hazard.
[Reply]
Hootie 09:16 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I'm sure several people saw the putt that Bubba Watson made at Chambers Bay. I'm surprised that no one is talking about how those greens look like absolute poa-infested dog shit. That is going to lead to some awful putting surfaces for the leaders of the tournament.
SVP was talking about some amateur who was dribbling the golf ball on one green with one of his clubs ... like literally dribbling it

the greens are concrete
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:39 AM 06-18-2015
While I'm sure this course is going to be very challenging for the players this week, having seen what they've shown on the golf channel, I'd rather spend my money somewhere else.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 09:57 AM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
SVP was talking about some amateur who was dribbling the golf ball on one green with one of his clubs ... like literally dribbling it

the greens are concrete
He's a player at UGA.

It's not uncommon for coastal courses to be like that. My feet have never hurt after a round of walking like they did after walking Carnoustie. It was like walking five miles on oak boards in golf spikes.

I don't mind the minimalistic approach to watering and the brown of the course, but the poa greens and the burned out purple splotches on the complexes are just hideous to me.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:04 AM 06-18-2015
If any of you are watching the US Open stream, Mark Brooks is the worst color commentator I've ever heard.

Almost everything that comes out of his mouth is wrong.

Bubba hits his second into six, "It's close." Balls ends up 70 feet right, next to a bunker.

Mickelson hit a recovery shot on four, "he doesn't like it." Ball ends up eight feet away.

Just a fucking bonehead. It's like he's trying to be Johnny Miller, too. Ugh.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:10 AM 06-18-2015
If any of you are watching the US Open stream, Mark Brooks is the worst color commentator I've ever heard.

Bubba hits his second into six, "It's close." Balls ends up 70 feet right, next to a bunker.

Mickelson hit a recovery shot on four, "he doesn't like it." Ball ends up eight feet away.

I'm trying to, but I'm only seeing it because of conference calls! Sounds like I'm not missing anything. Ugh!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:36 AM 06-18-2015

Is he the fuckstick that said "green light special" about 10 times in 2 minutes?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:03 AM 06-18-2015
Cole Hammer running to see his shot was awesome. Ya gotta love youth...
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:22 AM 06-18-2015
The sand in the bunkers looks like gunpowder.

These guys are giving the greens too much respect, overplaying both the break and speed.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:43 AM 06-18-2015
Simply put, it's a nasty looking course! It may be hard, but it's one ugly bitch.. Such is links golf!
[Reply]
KCTitus 12:02 PM 06-18-2015
Havent seen the TV coverage, but watching the leaderboard, it's good to see some scoring. Thirteen players under par so far, that's more than I thought there would be at this point.
[Reply]
eDave 12:09 PM 06-18-2015
Why is Joe Buck an analyst?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:33 PM 06-18-2015
Originally Posted by eDave:
Why is Joe Buck still alive?
FYP
[Reply]
Page 41 of 136
« First < 313738394041 424344455191 > Last »
Up