ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 197
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
crayzkirk 12:43 PM 03-23-2022
I've been emotionally detaching myself from the NFL for years. From the sale of field naming rights, forcing cities to finance stadiums and the social justice push... The NFL is a bunch of billionaires making their employees millionaires and is paid and supported by the rest of us.

From the commercials which tug at our hearts to donate to fallen soldiers, non-stop betting endorsements to preaching moderation. I'm getting sick of it all.

Let him go; don't care at all. I figure it's about time for Travis to announce his retirement.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:43 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
JFC you are a dumbshit... literally some things never change. :-)

Comparing Tyreek Hill... arguably the second best player on the team behind Mahomes... to other "players x, y or z getting moved" is a laughable homer attempt (and fail) to minimize just how difficult it is going to be trying to replicate Tyreek's playmaking threat.

This isn't the same as replacing a brokedick left tackle or right tackle.

This isn't the same as replacing a safety.

This is replacing one of the most explosive WR's/playmakers in NFL history.
there is no comparing of players

you are fucking dumb, again.
[Reply]
Toad 12:44 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Sure but Hill is a unique talent like no other. He demanded a full time double team which alot of times made our offense unstoppable especially if we had a good #2 WR.

Once again this would be like breaking up the Big 3 in Dallas in their prime. Only an idiot would do that.
Today’s salary cap changes things…
[Reply]
Woogieman 12:44 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Cam Taylor Britt isn't a shitty player. Same build as Ward and faster.

I would cum if with got Olave and Obanajduudjdjo
Same, but I'd be surprised if either is there at 29 & 30
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:44 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
It's actually a good thing that Veach isn't willing to mortgage the future just to placate a fanbase in the short term. It would be quite easy to do exactly that and say **** the consequences two or three years down the road. He recognized though that the Chiefs can't afford to do that if they're going to remain a sustainable contender in the years to come with Mahomes.
I think a lot of opponents are desperate. They're going all in to win now for the off chance they can push us off the block. Even with their upgrades and our step backwards we're still in a good spot.

We are playing a long game because we have a very long window as long as we have mahomes. Now we have more draft picks to play with. And veach can do a lot of damage in the secondary market where he tends to do very well. After what he did with the OL last year I'm certainly not counting veach out
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:44 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Because building the entire defense in one offseason is damn near impossible. Add to that a hard ass schedule and the AFC West getting harder.
I read your post to say you were expecting the offense to take a step back this year.

My mistake.

With that said, you might wanna consider another step or two :-)
[Reply]
stevieray 12:44 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

People can talk money/picks all they want....but he's not replaceable. He's a real deal game wrecker.

:-)

Yup, this one stings.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I read your post to say you were expecting the offense to take a step back this year.

My mistake.

Nah.

Even Vegas knows that’s bullshit.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 12:45 PM 03-23-2022
This is a brilliant move by Veach. He waited until the rest of the AFC showed their cards and blew their wad in free agency in the hopes of stopping Mahomes and then he goes and makes his move. This trade will allow him to strengthen the defense and retool the offense to send the other teams back to the drawing board when it comes to slowing down Mahomes. The quarterback makes the receiver not the other way around. Mahomes will still be great without Hill but Hill will struggle without Mahomes. Let's wait until after the draft to see what Veach does with his bevy of picks!
[Reply]
RunKC 12:45 PM 03-23-2022
After the Seahawks 2 Super Bowls they needed to reload. They had a lot of picks but were terrible and that ended up with their QB wanting out.

Veach has 2 roads he can go down. John Schneiders where we draft poorly and Patrick eventually wants out

Or

Reload this team by drafting well and having a lot of money to load up on deep playoff runs
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
I've been emotionally detaching myself from the NFL for years. From the sale of field naming rights, forcing cities to finance stadiums and the social justice push... The NFL is a bunch of billionaires making their employees millionaires and is paid and supported by the rest of us.

From the commercials which tug at our hearts to donate to fallen soldiers, non-stop betting endorsements to preaching moderation. I'm getting sick of it all.

Let him go; don't care at all. I figure it's about time for Travis to announce his retirement.
Damn. Want me to come over and kick your dog too?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:45 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:

My mistake.

Nope…just overall. And I still think they’re envisioning a team that doesn’t have 2-3 stars on each side and instead has depth and good players at multiple positions.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
After the Seahawks 2 Super Bowls they needed to reload. They had a lot of picks but were terrible and that ended up with their QB wanting out.

Veach has 2 roads he can go down. John Schneiders where we draft poorly and Patrick eventually wants out

Or

Reload this team by drafting well and having a lot of money to load up on deep playoff runs
:-)

JFC
[Reply]
BWillie 12:46 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So a 1st and a 2nd this year is somehow worse than a 3rd round comp pick next year?
I'm not talking about the value of the trade. I'm talking about having a known asset to compete for a Super Bowl next year. Because once Travis Kelce is too old, our window is probably shut for a couple years and we need to reload.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:47 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Or

Russ wanted out because Carrol is a dinosaur that wants to run his offense through the RB's.

Not because they couldn't draft.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 197
« First < 313738394041 424344455191141 > Last »
Up