« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
O.city 11:25 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol wut?

They would still retain his rights. This makes no sense. And no the Texans shouldn’t just give into his demands right away. That’s ****ing stupid.
I think at this point, you just get what you can and trade him. You've made it so toxic that he wants out, thats on you as a franchise.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:26 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think at this point, you just get what you can and trade him. You've made it so toxic that he wants out, thats on you as a franchise.
Lol no.

This isn’t the NBA.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:29 AM 02-03-2021
Lol no.

This isn’t the NBA.
It worked for Ramsey. Granted QB and CB are different positions, but a precedent was set.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:31 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
It worked for Ramsey. Granted QB and CB are different positions, but a precedent was set.
And the Jags waited until they received fair compensation.

The Texans have no reason to trade Watson unless they’re getting a ridiculous haul. There’s absolutely no need to rush it and take the best offer today.

And they should do everything possible to try and keep him even if there’s a small chance of it happening.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:32 AM 02-03-2021
Lol no.

This isn’t the NBA.
What’s a players leverage against bad ownership? DeShaun is doing it right if he truly feels the situation is toxic there.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:34 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
What’s a players leverage against bad ownership? DeShaun is doing it right if he truly feels the situation is toxic there.
And the Texans are doing it right by not immediately giving into his demands.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:36 AM 02-03-2021

The Texans have no reason to trade Watson unless they’re getting a ridiculous haul. There’s absolutely no need to rush it and take the best offer today.

And they should do everything possible to try and keep him even if there’s a small chance of it happening.
Today? No, but if he's not dealt by the draft the Texans may have put themselves into a REALLY shitty situation if he follows through on his threat to hold out this season. At that point the compensation you're receiving is unknown at best. If the Jets or Dolphins make offers with their picks and Darnold/Tua they'd be best served to take them and move on.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:38 AM 02-03-2021
And the Texans are doing it right by not immediately giving into his demands.
Agreed.

The marriage is beyond fixable sounds like. If I’m the Texans I get the best offer I can and move on.
[Reply]
O.city 11:39 AM 02-03-2021
Lol no.

This isn’t the NBA.
If he's willing to take it to that level it is getting close to it. QB's have the ultimate power.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 AM 02-03-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Today? No, but if he's not dealt by the draft the Texans may have put themselves into a REALLY shitty situation if he follows through on his threat to hold out this season. At that point the compensation you're receiving is unknown at best. If the Jets or Dolphins make offers with their picks and Darnold/Tua they'd be best served to take them and move on.
If they don’t get what they feel is equal compensation, then they shouldn’t make a deal before or after the draft.

If he wants to sit out, then let him.

The Texans can’t make this trade unless they’re getting a huge haul. They’ve lost too many trades recently, and the worse thing Caserio can do is lose another. It’s that simple.

Call it stubborn, I don’t care, I’m not trading away a 25 year old franchise QB and immediately losing the trade. If he wants to sit out, then we can play hardball too.
[Reply]
O.city 11:41 AM 02-03-2021

They shouldn't do it now. Wait until atleast right before the draft. If it gets to the point where he's sitting out and you do it then, you've waited to long.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:41 AM 02-03-2021

Don't disagree, but what the Texans consider fair value versus what other teams think could be vastly different. The longer they drag this on the worse it is for them. How they treat him can go a long way in their ability to attract top end FAs, along with retaining their own young talent. I think this relationship is fractured and I am not sure they can repair it. Who knows though.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:42 AM 02-03-2021
HOU is losing their fanbase by the hour. That translates into actual millions of dollars. It also hurts their future ability to attract players and coaches the longer this goes on. Smart management would take the biggest compensation package and move on and try and salvage what little goodwill and credibility they can at this point. Getting emotional about it and trying to keep Watson when it's clear that he isn't going to put on a Texans uniform again reeks of spite.
[Reply]
O.city 11:43 AM 02-03-2021
If they don’t get what they feel is equal compensation, then they shouldn’t make a deal before or after the draft.

The Texans can’t make this trade unless they’re getting a huge haul. They’ve lost too many trades recently, and the worse thing Caserio can do is lose another. It’s that simple.

Call it stubborn, I don’t care, I’m not trading away a 25 year old franchise QB and immediately losing the trade. If he wants to sit out, then we can play hardball too.
If it gets to the point where he's sitting out, then what? There's a sweet spot for timing on trading him. I'd guess that woudl be right before the draft
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:47 AM 02-03-2021

If that's the stance McNair takes them good luck. I think they'd be much better off taking the best deal before draft day and cutting their losses because the potential consequences if things drag out into next season and remain this ugly are far worse for the organization long term than not getting fair market value today.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 68
« First < 313738394041 4243444551 > Last »
Up