ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 43
« First < 313738394041 4243 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:39 PM Today
Found a couple vids of Kareem from last season. It's a small sample size, but in the areas of vision, power, burst, hands and so forth, he looks about the same as he ever was, imo.

[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:39 PM Today
I was gonna say, Pacheco's fast but he hasn't broke as many big runs as Kareem cause he isn't as good at any of the other stuff.

Especially being a RB, I see Pacheco's greatest value to the team perhaps being his intensity and how that may rub off on teammates.
[Reply]
el borracho 12:39 PM Today
[IMG][/IMG]
[Reply]
O.city 12:40 PM Today
I will say some of the RB things he does should translate still. I hope he comes in and plays well, always liked the guy and loved the way he played.

Just maybe temper the expectations a bit.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:42 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
I will say some of the RB things he does should translate still. I hope he comes in and plays well, always liked the guy and loved the way he played.

He isn't going to rip off 50 yard TDs, that juice is gone.
[Reply]
O.city 12:43 PM Today
Yeah, I don't much care about that.

Turn some 4 yard runs into 14 and I'm golden.
[Reply]
xztop123 12:43 PM Today
Why didn’t we grab him sooner? Instead we have the undrafted white guy
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:43 PM Today
And this might be just my bias, but wouldn't Kareem be the best pass pro RB we have right now? As I remember, Kareem could block with the best of them.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:

Agreed. Also I don't think our OL is as good of a run blocking line as the Browns are which I often have wondered is that part of the reason for our RB's not having success?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:46 PM Today
Originally Posted by xztop123:
Why didn’t we grab him sooner? Instead we have the undrafted white guy
Glad you asked

Because not only for the Chiefs, but for no team does it make sense to sign a guy with DV history unless you really need him.

Pacheco injury.... yeah, we needed a three down type.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:46 PM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Agreed. Also I don't think our OL is as good of a run blocking line as the Browns are which I often have wondered is that part of the reason for our RB's not having success?
It's not but Cleveland frequently sees more guys in the box than we do. Our run game issues are a mix of several things, 85% shotgun runs, Pacheco's vision isn't great, our OL is much better at pass blocking etc.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:47 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Glad you asked

Because not only for the Chiefs, but for no team does it make sense to sign a guy with DV history unless you really need him.

Pacheco injury.... yeah, we needed a three down type.
We're desperate, in a lot of ways this is the only way it makes sense for either party.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Found a couple vids of Kareem from last season. It's a small sample size, but in the areas of vision, power, burst, hands and so forth, he looks about the same as he ever was, imo.

I'd seen that first video. TBH I don't think the burst or lateral agility are what they were, but I also think he looks an upgrade on what we have and still good enough for the NFL. I hear the argument that a small drop off in ability can translate to a massive drop off in viability/performance. But I think in Hunt's case he's fine. A reasonable rotational player.
[Reply]
TEX 12:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I was gonna say, Pacheco's fast but he hasn't broke as many big runs as Kareem cause he isn't as good at any of the other stuff.

Especially being a RB, I see Pacheco's greatest value to the team perhaps being his intensity and how that may rub off on teammates.
That's because Pacheco has straight line speed. He's not really elusive and kind of looks for contact. His running style doesn't make him elusive because he's a "high stepper" and hard plants every time he steps. Doesnt really have great vision either.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 12:49 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's fun, the way Pacheco runs is fun, but generally speaking he gets what's blocked up. He absolutely has everything you need to have to be a fan favorite, dude was a super late draft pick that is a solid person and a fun player.

But as far as being say an elite player, nah, he gets the yards that are blocked if you take a look at his yards gained above expected, not great.
Hunt in his prime was twice the running back that Pacheco is. We will see how 29 year old version stacks up.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 43
« First < 313738394041 4243 >
Up