ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 41 of 45
« First < 313738394041 42434445 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Bugeater 09:53 AM 02-21-2021
Not going to warn you again.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:02 AM 02-21-2021
No shit bug, they were calling for 1-3 up here but it's snowing pretty good. Guess that's the price we have to pay to get 40's this week.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 12:50 PM 02-21-2021
I was pretty frickin' cold, my furnace quit working and woke up to 45 degrees (inside). The wind chill at that time was around -22, FML.

I had bought a new thermostat (digital) about a week prior, but hadn't put it in yet. The old one was hard to read and difficult for my mom to adjust (she had some health issues a couple years ago, so I had her move it with me). So anyway, I put the new one in while waiting for her to wake up. She got up and said, "Gee, it's really cold in here". LOL

I told her to get dressed and I'd drop her off at the store while I went over to Menards to pick up a few things. We get back home (put a pot roast in the oven) blahblahblah.... and I continued my troubleshooting efforts .... finally figuring out that the stupid sensor rod was dirty. Cleaned that sucker off and HEAT!!!!!!! Why the hell did it take so long to even think of that? Frozen Brain, I guess.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:00 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
I was pretty frickin' cold, my furnace quit working and woke up to 45 degrees (inside). The wind chill at that time was around -22, FML.

I had bought a new thermostat (digital) about a week prior, but hadn't put it in yet. The old one was hard to read and difficult for my mom to adjust (she had some health issues a couple years ago, so I had her move it with me). So anyway, I put the new one in while waiting for her to wake up. She got up and said, "Gee, it's really cold in here". LOL

I told her to get dressed and I'd drop her off at the store while I went over to Menards to pick up a few things. We get back home (put a pot roast in the oven) blahblahblah.... and I continued my troubleshooting efforts .... finally figuring out that the stupid sensor rod was dirty. Cleaned that sucker off and HEAT!!!!!!! Why the hell did it take so long to even think of that? Frozen Brain, I guess.

Indeed, the flame senor rod is the weak link in my unit as well. I used to do the same thing, remove it, gently work it with emery cloth and reinstall it. I can tell you this, it won't last as long once some of the surface coating has been removed. I did some digging and punched in the part number and found I was able to buy that rod on Amazon for $6.52, so I ordered 3 of them. I figured for that price, I might as well.
[Reply]
Cntrygal 01:02 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Indeed, the flame senor rod is the weak link in my unit as well. I used to do the same thing, remove it, gently work it with emery cloth and reinstall it. I can tell you this, it won't last as long once some of the surface coating has been removed. I did some digging and punched in the part number and found I was able to buy that rod on Amazon for $6.52, so I ordered 3 of them. I figured for that price, I might as well.
Good to know! I'll go ahead a get a couple "backups" as well. Because you know damn well that it won't quit working when it's 50 out, it'll wait until the next deep freeze.
[Reply]
Bwana 01:06 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Cntrygal:
Good to know! I'll go ahead a get a couple "backups" as well. Because you know damn well that it won't quit working when it's 50 out, it'll wait until the next deep freeze.

Murphy's Law at its finest.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:05 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
When i was going to school for HVAC, they taught us to use a dollar bill to clean them. It has just the right amount of abrasive to take the carbon off of it without screwing up the coating.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:11 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
When i was going to school for HVAC, they taught us to use a dollar bill to clean them. It has just the right amount of abrasive to take the carbon off of it without screwing up the coating.
Really? I generally just use the end of the flathead screwdriver I used to remove it.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:13 PM 02-21-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Really? I generally just use the end of the flathead screwdriver I used to remove it.
Yep, I've been doing it that way for over 10 years and have never been called back to one.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 03:14 PM 02-21-2021
:-)

(About 1:30 if you want to skip to just the actual cleaning part)

[Reply]
2112 03:18 PM 02-21-2021
Yep, I've been doing it that way for over 10 years and have never been called back to one.
Damn, you’re very resourceful, n00b. Bwana didn’t even know that and he’s the Macgyver of CP.
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
:-)

(About 1:30 if you want to skip to just the actual cleaning part)

Look at that. That n00b even made a YouTube video about it
[Reply]
Bwana 04:04 PM 02-21-2021

That's really good to know. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:21 PM 02-21-2021
This will be a cold ride home...

[Reply]
Bwana 01:33 PM 02-21-2021

Oh wow, if you had a leaf blower, (preferably cordless) you could get most of it, if not, good luck.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:53 PM 02-21-2021

They'll never get the smell of mold out once it warms up.
[Reply]
Page 41 of 45
« First < 313738394041 42434445 >
Up