Page 405 of 449
« First < 305355395401402403404405 406407408409415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:33 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
So does watching Ramsey be a dickhead to Jacksonville make fans not want him or do people don't care what he does to another team? Is anyone worried that Ramsey will do the same shitty stuff to the Chiefs if he gets pissed?
That's a good point. Just look at AB and what he did to the Raiders after jacking up the Steeler locker room. Reminds me of a friend who had an affair with a married woman. She left her husband for him and they eventually got married. Three years into the marriage he caught her fooling around with someone else. Maybe that's a bad analogy, but Ramsey does not inspire any confidence in me as far as keeping his nose clean for the duration of a contract. JMHO
[Reply]
Mecca 01:35 PM 09-26-2019
He wasn't a problem until right now, even without getting paid.

I think the fact that the team is asshole and the coach is moronic are contributing, that wouldn't happen here. He also has an agent who represents a who's who of players and isn't a dumbass.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:37 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They’ve been pretty accurate, in terms of signings/trade destinations for players of all sports, since I’ve been paying more attention.

We started off the highest outside of the Jags then leaped them. If that’s still the same, they probably know something.
I have more faith in this front office than maybe any Chiefs' front office prior to them. Ramsey scares me, but if the front office makes it happen, I'll support them. At least until there is reason to not support them.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:39 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He wasn't a problem until right now, even without getting paid.

I think the fact that the team is asshole and the coach is moronic are contributing, that wouldn't happen here. He also has an agent who represents a who's who of players and isn't a dumbass.
You make good points. But Antonio Brown's agent has many big clients and is well respected in his field. And look how that whole fiasco turned out. No matter how good of an agent you are, you can't fix stupid.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:39 PM 09-26-2019
What’s the max you give him, Mecca? And the most you send the Jags for him?

To me, those 2 things are linked.

If he would sign a 3 year extension for 20/per, I’d send 2 firsts.

If he wants Donald money, I’m probably not offering that much.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:39 PM 09-26-2019
So does watching Ramsey be a dickhead to Jacksonville make fans not want him or do people don't care what he does to another team? Is anyone worried that Ramsey will do the same shitty stuff to the Chiefs if he gets pissed?
Nope.

Patrick Mahomes, brah.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:44 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by BossChief:
My concern is signing him to an extension and then him holding out once the new CBA is announced wanting a new deal. This whole thing is very complex.
Will Ramsey fake an injury each time a corner signs a bigger contract than him?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:46 PM 09-26-2019
What’s the max you give him, Mecca? And the most you send the Jags for him?

To me, those 2 things are linked.

If he would sign a 3 year extension for 20/per, I’d send 2 firsts.

If he wants Donald money, I’m probably not offering that much.
I don't buy that you have to give him Donald money, 17 per makes him the highest paid CB, you could probably stay right around there it's really going ot be about the guarantee.

https://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/

Looking at those I think you're guarantee is 35-40 mill with an average of 17-18 a year.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:47 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Nope.

Patrick Mahomes, brah.
Why do you think a Quarterback will have any influence on the way Ramsey acts? It certainly didn't stop Antonio Brown from being a basket case.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:47 PM 09-26-2019
Once again, everyone drafted ahead of him has gotten paid and his bitching isn't about money, it's about his dipshit staff and that his team sucks.
[Reply]
jaa1025 01:48 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Wow. Endless paternity leave for a fucking multi-millionaire is actually a thing.

Gotta love unions. :-)
Family Medical Leave Act.

He wont get paid for it but he cant be punished for it. Up to 12 weeks.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:59 PM 09-26-2019
Here’s a post early on from this thread.
Let’s chat about the probable contract he’s wanting that reporters have used as a reason the Chiefs possibly backed off.

The last truly elite corners that signed big deals while in their prime we’re Patrick Peterson and Josh Norman.

PP signed his last deal (an extension) in 2014 for 5 years for 70 million when the salary cap was 133m. That’s an average of 14m per. That’s 10.52% of cap.

Josh Norman signed a deal for 5 years, 75m in 2016 when the cap was 155m. That’s 9.6% of the cap. 36% of the deal was fully guaranteed.

Jalen is arguably a better player than those guys...at least the equivalent, IMO and deserves to not only be the highest paid corner, but the highest paid corner in % to the cap.

If we were to trade for him, the deal that would make the most sense to both sides would be a 3 year EXTENSION for 10.6% of the current salary cap. That would lock up Ramsey till 2023.

That means his fair value is 19.68m per year x 3.

59.05 for 3 years. 36% of that is roughly 22m which I would expect to be a signing bonus that would be split between the 4 years at 5.5m per in dead money.

I’m sure there would be verbiage in the deal protecting the team in case his head explodes.

For the 12 games remaining, he would have cap impact of 3.2m this season if he plays 12 games for us.

Next years cap hit (for 5th year option) would be 13,703,000 plus the prorated portion of the bonus which would be approximately another 5.5m which would put his 2020 cap number at 19.2m.

The Chiefs currently have 23m in cap space. Minus the 3.2, we would likely rollover close to 20m...which just so happens to be almost exactly Ramsey’s cap hit for next year.

One has to think that these are the EXACT numbers (or very close) to what Veach is deciding on.

Interesting that we re-structured deals to clear that much space almost to the dollar.
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't buy that you have to give him Donald money, 17 per makes him the highest paid CB, you could probably stay right around there it's really going ot be about the guarantee.

https://overthecap.com/position/cornerback/

Looking at those I think you're guarantee is 35-40 mill with an average of 17-18 a year.
If all he is asking for is 17, that deal would be done by now.

Lots of talk that he wants Donald type compensation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:02 PM 09-26-2019
It has NOTHING to do with money. He hates Tom Coughlin and says that Marrone said disgusting things to him. It's personal between them. It's not about a contract at all.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:03 PM 09-26-2019
Who cares!!!! J Lo and Shakira are the halftime performers this year
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:05 PM 09-26-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Who cares!!!! J Lo and Shakira are the halftime performers this year
:-)
[Reply]
Page 405 of 449
« First < 305355395401402403404405 406407408409415 > Last »
Up