ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4011 of 4910
« First < 3011351139113961400140074008400940104011 40124013401440154021406141114511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:26 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The smartest thing they could do is trade guys with any value and make cuts while picking their core players.

That job requires a tear down before it can be brought back. I doubt Payton is the coach for that type of job, most older coaches don't have the stomach for it.
Agree. I’d trade Sutton and Simmons for anything I could get
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:28 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I'm just saying it's a pretty low level job, not sure I would get too wrapped up around the qualifications.
You might want to mention this to your fellow Broncos fan...
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:32 PM 02-15-2023
I get I'm out of touch when it comes to high school football because I just plain don't give a shit about it and only know as much about it based on what I'm surrounded by locally, but... seriously? We have offensive and defensive coordinators now? In high schools?

It used to be a school just hired the fat slob social studies teacher who only got a teaching degree so he could actually become a coach. Can't teach worth a shit, and maybe he can't even coach worth a shit, either, but the school will still hold onto him because he does both jobs.

Don't tell me Texas and the other southern states where HS football is fucking huge are starting to get competitive with their school coach salaries, now. Please don't fucking tell me we're going to see school districts ponying up million dollar salaries for their goddamn fucking football coaches.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:34 PM 02-15-2023
There were definitely coordinators even back when I played.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:40 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
There were definitely coordinators even back when I played.
We had coordinators when I was in high school and that was more than 30 years ago. We only had an offensive and defensive coordinator plus the head coach, so only 3 guys, but it's worth noting that my high school now plays 8-man, that's how small it is.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 01:57 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Agree. I’d trade Sutton and Simmons for anything I could get
I could see them trading Sutton... keep Patrick, Jeudy and sign a guy. They should not trade Simmons.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:24 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I could see them trading Sutton... keep Patrick, Jeudy and sign a guy. They should not trade Simmons.
What about bringing back Tebow
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:24 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I get I'm out of touch when it comes to high school football because I just plain don't give a shit about it and only know as much about it based on what I'm surrounded by locally, but... seriously? We have offensive and defensive coordinators now? In high schools?

It used to be a school just hired the fat slob social studies teacher who only got a teaching degree so he could actually become a coach. Can't teach worth a shit, and maybe he can't even coach worth a shit, either, but the school will still hold onto him because he does both jobs.

Don't tell me Texas and the other southern states where HS football is ****ing huge are starting to get competitive with their school coach salaries, now. Please don't ****ing tell me we're going to see school districts ponying up million dollar salaries for their goddamn ****ing football coaches.
We were a small-medium sized school in rural KS and we had an OC, DC and de facto position coaches, 91-94.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:24 PM 02-15-2023
Knowmo, any thoughts on how many total superbowls Patrick Mahomes will win? He's already tied Elway and Manning, and he's only 27.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:31 PM 02-15-2023
What is the path for Denver to reach the playoffs next year?

KC
Bengals
Buffalo
Miami
Baltimore
LAC
Jax

Hard to see them surpassing any of these teams. And behind those are several teams that are currently at or above Denver's level, most of which have more resources and draft capital.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 02:33 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Knowmo, any thoughts on how many total superbowls Patrick Mahomes will win? He's already tied Elway and Manning, and he's only 27.
I wouldn’t be so quick to count Sod-gate if I were you. The Eagles aren’t going to take a Super Bowl loss lightly. They will be in contact with the NFL, just like when they went to the NFL when Andy tampered with Jeremy Maclin.

I charted slip/sod-gate:

- The Eagles' defense had a player slip on 38% of Patrick Mahomes' dropbacks -- five times they had multiple slippages.

- The Chiefs' defense had a player slip on only 14% of Jalen Hurts' dropbacks -- with no multiples

— Ollie Connolly (@OllieConnolly) February 14, 2023

[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:33 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by New World Order:
What about bringing back Tebow
Ha... yeah, that ship is long sailed.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:34 PM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
I wouldn’t be so quick to count Sod-gate if I were you. The Eagles aren’t going to take a Super Bowl loss lightly. They will be in contact with the NFL, just like when they went to the NFL when Andy tampered with Jeremy Maclin.

Yeah, it was pretty unfair how the league manipulated the game in a manner by which the Eagles played on different turf.
[Reply]
New World Order 02:35 PM 02-15-2023
Every decade there's been a dynasty team. It's probably safe to say KC is the next dynasty.

Would you go 4 or 5 total? Hell, it may be even more than that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:35 PM 02-15-2023

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Page 4011 of 4910
« First < 3011351139113961400140074008400940104011 40124013401440154021406141114511 > Last »
Up