ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4009 of 4932
« First < 3009350939093959399940054006400740084009 40104011401240134019405941094509 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:52 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Not really. Look at the way he conducted himself when things got rough in Chicago. He ****ing CRATERED team morale with his bullshit, and it's obvious when you read interviews about his actions within the organization. Not to mention his complete failure to design any sort of offense around the QB he was working with at the time, instead slamming square pegs into round holes.
Nobody in the league is designing plays for a shit QB like Trubisky. And Nagy did design plays that Trubisky was too stupid to even execute :-)

Originally Posted by :
But Trubisky’s pass to Kmet was meant to go elsewhere. Nagy had called for a three-route concept to Trubisky’s left: Mooney ran a fade, Allen Robinson ran an out and Tarik Cohen ran a swing route. Trubisky’s reads were supposed to take him from fade to out to swing, and the Giants defender covering Robinson slipped, leaving him wide open. Instead, Trubisky went over the middle to his tight end, which Nagy pointed out.
Yeah you’re not getting let off the hook for this shit when you suck. At 2-0 even Nagy knew he couldn’t carry this POS that Ryan Pace had forced upon him. I guess it’s his fault for taking the job.

And boo hoo. “The team likes Mitch!” Well the guy sucks. He fucking sucks. He can’t even execute a simple gameplan.

And people wonder why Nagy got stressed out and pissed off. Did I mention none of that is gonna happen here with a real Qb?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:53 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Again, you're just being completely disingenuous.

I know this might be shocking to you, but Nagy was also a very young first time HC, and it's possible that he's learned from his experience.
Wow - Nagy is still only 44.

Yeah, I'd be plenty content letting him continue to absorb organizational/leadership skills from Andy and take over for him.
[Reply]
O.city 10:54 AM 02-15-2023
So Nagy asked his QB to throw the football and not be a running back?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:55 AM 02-15-2023
Fields is always going to be dogshit as a QB. And yet when the next guy up immediately turned him from a 7/10 guy with almost no contribution from his legs into a 17/11 guy with 8 TDs running, sorry, I'm just not buying it. He absolutely could've made some chicken salad with Fields but chose not to do so.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:56 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Don't care. When you've got a blatantly obvious dual threat QB in Fields and stubbornly run a conventional offense instead of tailoring it to his strengths you've lost the fucking plot.
They ran an offense custom-tailored to Fields' skill set this year and he set records for rushing by a QB.

And they won 3 games with the 23rd ranked offense in the league.

You simply cannot admit that you're on the wrong side of this. Undig your heels and actually look at it objectively.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:57 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Nobody needs to hand wave anything, because he actually wasn't that bad in terms of W/L for having dog shit at QB.

You're focused on everything but that, because it doesn't support your narrative.
He had a winning % with Trubisky and Dalton. I’m not even sure he wanted Fields.

He had to be just exhausted from a terrible boss at that point
[Reply]
staylor26 10:58 AM 02-15-2023
You'd have to think Nagy and Veach would have great chemistry. Nagy was Veach's QB in college.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:00 AM 02-15-2023
Good fucking God, can we please stop pointing to the Bears not completely sucking their first season as something he did himself? He had Trubisky playing relatively well but the defense CARRIED that squad. 17 points allowed per game, best in the league. Nagy should send yearly Christmas cards to Fangio for that.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:06 AM 02-15-2023
I’d take Pederson, or possibly Kafka from the Andy tree. If we’re going outside that, I’d take Rat jr. I know his dad was Dungver trash, but dude is a hell of a coach, and play designer. Imagine what he could do with the best quarterback to ever play the game!
[Reply]
RunKC 11:08 AM 02-15-2023
Trubisky rookie year before Nagy: 7 TD’s/7 INT’s, 77.5 rating

Trubisky with Nagy (3 years): 57 TD’s/30 INT’s, 90.6 avg rating

Trubisky with the Steelers as a starter for 1 season: 4 TD’s/5 INT’s, 81 rating

Nagy got the most out of a piece of shit QB that has no place starting in this league. Nagy should get at least 10% of the assholes salary for giving him the resume to even still be in this league.

Trubisky sucks. Nagy’s work to make a piece of shit look even decent under his scheme is some Andy Reid level mastery.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:12 AM 02-15-2023
Sure, if you're just going to blatantly ignore his non throwing shoulder being fucked and the harness wrecking his mechanics from 2019 onwards.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:14 AM 02-15-2023
We all saw Mayfield transform into a complete pumpkin after dealing with the same issue, right?
[Reply]
alanm 11:18 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Imagine being excited about a strength and conditioning coach.
Well he is sorta important if you have a team full of pussies. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:21 AM 02-15-2023
If you give the OC spot to Nagy, be prepared for Nagy to sit there in that spot until Reid retires. You wanted coach movement and thought it was getting bad when EB wasn't moving?

Nagy is basically going to be our Marty Mornhinweg, who wasn't really the OC. Reid didn't really have one in Philly once Childress left. From like 2006-2012 it was Mornhinweg in that bizarre "assistant head coach/offensive coordinator" spot. They didn't really have a true designated OC (essentially it was Andy Reid).

You might argue that's what we've got now, but Andy has been pretty clear about making the OC position more important than it was those last few years in Philly.

It's why I don't think Andy is going to promote Nagy. It's probably going to be somebody else.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:22 AM 02-15-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If you give the OC spot to Nagy, be prepared for Nagy to sit there in that spot until Reid retires. You wanted coach movement and thought it was getting bad when EB wasn't moving?

Nagy is basically going to be our Marty Mornhinweg, who wasn't really the OC. Reid didn't really have one in Philly once Childress left. From like 2006-2012 it was Mornhinweg in that bizarre "assistant head coach/offensive coordinator" spot. They didn't really have a true designated OC (essentially it was Andy Reid).

You might argue that's what we've got now, but Andy has been pretty clear about making the OC position more important than it was those last few years in Philly.

It's why I don't think Andy is going to promote Nagy. It's probably going to be somebody else.
My guess is Greg Lewis.
[Reply]
Page 4009 of 4932
« First < 3009350939093959399940054006400740084009 40104011401240134019405941094509 > Last »
Up