Nzoner's Game Room>Caitlin Clark is fucking awesome
staylor26 09:55 PM 03-31-2023

Caitlin Clark is cold af for this pic.twitter.com/ieyvCRmq1S

— Lindsey (@LuLu_Vue) April 1, 2023

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:57 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
In my view, shit talking during the game is competition and part of it, once the game ends it ends. If you do by following someone around after the game ends to talk shit, you're just being a bitch about it.
Yep, once you start stalking someone that's too much. A few words, a quick gesture, yeah sure. But Clark was obviously living rent free in that chicks head.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:13 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
I asked if white people played the "why has everything got to be about race?" card at more crucial times in histrory, than over a basketball game. I think it is a valid question.
Believe me, I am often on your side on this issue. But in this case Staley threw the bait. And it's not that different of a playbook from what you're saying and it's also a common tactic for the woke mob. I get some of what she's saying but using the race card to the extent she did to demonize Iowa was blatantly done to draw a reaction. Even advocates like myself recognize there are ways to call out these kinds of issues without the harsh blanket accusations.

And so now instead of celebrating Iowa for their remarkable achievement or LSU for their even more remarkable achievement, we are throwing blows at kids over who is the more classless asshole. It didn't have to be that way.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:16 AM 04-04-2023
Lol why are people acting like Angel was "excessive"?? Clark was trying to act like she couldn't see Angel and Angel was MAKING SURE she saw it. That's all there is too it. When Kelce scored that OT td against the Chargers do people remember MAHOMES running over near the Bolts sideline flexing, banging his chest and mocking them? I guess not. Do people remember Tyrann waving off the Niners sideline when we won the superbowl? I guess not. IT HAPPENS FFS!! :-)
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:32 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I don't get why folks keep harping on about Dawn Staley. Her team were dominating the competition all year and folks were complaining about their style and comparing them to "the bad boy pistons" and not in a good way hence why the Iowa coach talking about a "bar fight" was offensive to Carolina. She also said media personnel were making prejudice comments behind their backs which got back to Dawn. What's wrong with that?

These games were the first time since the 60s or something that an all white starting five were facing an all black starting five so an anomaly like this was always gonna shine a light on race. If Clark was black on an all black team would the ratings have been so high and the hype so big? Doubt it. Many white Americans were rooting for Clark and her team against a brash black LSU team and when the black team whooped that ass and mocked Clark that triggered folks. It is what it is I just hope all this hype continues next season for the ladies game.
They play tough physical basketball. Clearly Iowa's coach meant that as a compliment when she used the term bar fight and it's not hard to see what Staley was trying to do when she immediately reached to tie anecdotal racist remarks into it. At worst it was a well intentioned compliment taken the wrong way. It doesn't justify the harsh implied accusations.

She knew what she was doing when she targeted Iowa the way she did, and it's not hard to see why she picked them specifically. There are a million ways she could have delivered the message without demonizing Iowa the way she did. I sympathize with what she wants but when is the woke mob going to learn that this level of race baiting is not productive. Throwing a bunch of innocent girls under the bus to shine a spotlight isn't the way to go.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:37 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
They play tough physical basketball. Clearly Iowa's coach meant that as a compliment when she used the term bar fight and it's not hard to see what Staley was trying to do when she immediately reached to tie anecdotal racist remarks into it. At worst it was a well intentioned compliment taken the wrong way. It doesn't justify the harsh implied accusations.

She knew what she was doing when she targeted Iowa the way she did, and it's not hard to see why she picked them specifically. There are a million ways she could have delivered the message without demonizing Iowa the way she did. I sympathize with what she wants but when is the woke mob going to learn that this level of race baiting is not productive. Throwing a bunch of innocent girls under the bus to shine a spotlight isn't the way to go.
She didn't mention the Iowa players and if they felt they were being harshly treated all year why shouldn't they speak their truth? People need to get over it.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:40 AM 04-04-2023
:-) Which one of you is going to start the official WNBA thread when the season starts?
[Reply]
notorious 11:43 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
:-) Which one of you is going to start the official WNBA thread when the season starts?
:-)
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:43 AM 04-04-2023
Aren't you the same guy that bitches about there being a Cardinals thread?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:45 AM 04-04-2023

via Gfycat

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:54 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
She didn't mention the Iowa players and if they felt they were being harshly treated all year why shouldn't they speak their truth? People need to get over it.
She blasted the Iowa coach for her bar fight comment then immediately jumped to anecdotes about actual racist remarks. It's not hard to see she was trying to force an implied connection there. She made it about the Iowa coach which of course is going to trickle down to the players. What did she think was gonna happen? I'll rephrase that... She knew what reaction would snowball out of it and she's undoubtedly glad to see that the finals turned out to be so polarizing because of the narrative she introduced.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:58 AM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They're both disrespectful to varying degrees, sure.

But we all draw the line somewhere. We were fine with Kelce's shit talking after the AFCCG, but we also agreed that JuJu went to far after the SB.

What Clark did in the OP and what Angel did are not the same exact thing. Not even really that close. I highly doubt we are even having this discussion if Angel does the same exact thing in the OP.

She followed her around after the game taunting her fore 15 secs, even doing the L on her forehead by the bench area after, then more of it in her IG live. It was the epitome of "excessive", and there's nothing wrong with describing it that way.
It's all pretty arbitrary.

I think what Clark did is just as bad when you consider that there are multiple instances, including in-game. Not even in-game, but "between the whistles" so to speak.

In any case, I think Reese's actions have been blown out of proportion. Clark invited this sort of thing when she was talking her shit.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:03 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
It's all pretty arbitrary.

I think what Clark did is just as bad when you consider that there are multiple instances, including in-game. Not even in-game, but "between the whistles" so to speak.

In any case, I think Reese's actions have been blown out of proportion. Clark invited this sort of thing when she was talking her shit.
Which means your opinion on this shouldn't be taken seriously.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:17 PM 04-04-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Which means your opinion on this shouldn't be taken seriously.
No one gives a shit about your opinion, string bean bitch.
[Reply]
ARROW2 01:26 PM 04-04-2023
Staley overreacted and the response to the LSU player is an overreaction. Much ado about nothing. Now they can go back to not being watched.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:49 PM 04-04-2023
Cracks me up that a business that loses money every year is still around just because nobody wants to look bad killing off girl's pro basketbal.. It's a shit product that nobody watches. Women don't watch it and it was made for them to get their fake equality.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 184
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up