ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 72
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:07 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Who has ever claimed Adam Gase was a QB whisperer?
Believe it or not, allegedly Peyton Manning.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:07 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
This year is a huge anomaly for Daboll in his coaching career and I wouldn't be surprised if it backfires on whoever hires him. I'm actually hoping it is the Chargers who hire him.
Well, considering that the overwhelming majority of coaching hires fail, you're not really going out on a limb by predicting that he'll fail as well.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:11 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Is there anybody who would dispute that Vrabel, Rivera, judge, Flores have done a really good job so far?

Gase, Nagy, pederson were hired because their coaches wanted a qb coach to mentor their young qbs. They didn't do that very well. But doesn't chance why they were hired.
Other than Flores bouncing back and forth between Tua and Fitz, no can't argue with that. Vrabel, Judge, Rivera, and Flores have all done pretty well. I'll even give Vrabel a nod, even though his defense is not very good, but that's a matter of talent, not scheme or discipline. Those guys are pretty well coached, they just don't have enough horses.
[Reply]
notorious 12:14 PM 01-16-2021
Bieniemy reminds me of Sigourney Weaver on Galaxy Quest.

Repeat what the Captain/Head Coach says. That's it.
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:28 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So in the late spring when I and many others had some free time, I was curious about the coaching backgrounds of current head coaches in the league. How many coached offense, how many coached defense, or how many were just kind of a weird mixture. We had 19 offense guys, 11 defense guys, and 2 weirdos (Harbaugh and Joe Judge, though you could make a case for others, I'm sure).

So what was the background like of the offensive coaches? And what about the offensive coordinators for all NFL teams? What positions did they coach previously? Some had coached just about everything under the sun at some point (like Andy... damn, I think he coached everything on offense except for RBs) and some guys kind of had backgrounds, but it was like as an assistant position coach for just one year. Like, in that last case, did that one year assisting REALLY grant you comparable knowledge and expertise in that area to a position coach who did that for a couple of years?

In the end I got bored with it and decided I wasn't going to glean any useful information from it. As expected, a whole bunch of the offensive coaches were QB guys at least at some point. I was hoping I'd find an anomaly like a strong prevalence of OL experience among coaches. There was some, but yeah... mostly QBs.

Actually, I did find something interesting, though. A lack of represented experience at one position in particular. WR. Yeah. RB coaches or former RB coaches were way more common than WR guys. TE was surprisingly well represented on these guys' resumes. But not WR. I saw few guys in the head coaches or offensive coordinators who had ever coached WRs, and if they did, it was usually one of those one-year positions early in their career that they quickly moved off of to do other stuff like coaching QBs or whatever. So apparently the NFL doesn't value WR coaches. That's kind of weird.
Also, weird tidbit:

Dirk Koetter has coached either high school, college, or NFL since 1983. In all that time he has never once been a position coach. Not. Once.

Been a head coach plenty of times. Been an offensive coordinator plenty of times. But that's it. Those are the only two types of capacities he's ever served in since his career started in 1983.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:30 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Also, weird tidbit:

Dirk Koetter has coached either high school, college, or NFL since 1983. In all that time he has never once been a position coach. Not. Once.

Been a head coach plenty of times. Been an offensive coordinator plenty of times. But that's it. Those are the only two types of capacities he's ever served in since his career started in 1983.
Yea that’s very odd.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:31 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Money says he’s going to Texas.
Is he still the favorite in Vegas?

I know he was like a week ago.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:34 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Is he still the favorite in Vegas?

I know he was like a week ago.
That might be the only job offer he ever gets, if he even does, but holy shit that job is getting worse by the day. SI published another article about Easterby/Watson and I can't see how any coach wants to be involved with that.
[Reply]
joethomas 12:42 PM 01-16-2021
https://www.boston.com/sports/nfl/20...ts-illustrated

According to Greg Bishop and Jenny Vrentas of Sports Illustrated, in a detailed piece published Saturday morning, Jack Easterby has told people in both the Patriots and Houston Texans organizations that the Kraft family is behind the negative press about him.

Some reportedly insist that he’s spread a story that the Krafts – who own the Patriots – are investors in Sports Illustrated or directly funded SI’s reporting, and Sports Illustrated quickly dispelled that notion.

Vrentas and Bishop wrote that they learned that Easterby told people he planned to sue Sports Illustrated, but the magazine hasn’t been notified of any such lawsuit.

A longtime staffer reportedly said the hire of Nick Caserio as General Manager of the Texans made Easterby’s influence even more clear. Caserio, who was the Patriots’ director of player personnel, came to Houston in a “hiring that blindsided many” because it didn’t align with CEO Cal McNair’s previous statements. Caserio was reportedly not one of the candidates recommended by search firm Korn Ferry.

McNair said that Easterby wasn’t on the internal search committee for a GM or head coach, but it appears Easterby skipped exit interviews to meet with Caserio in New England.

Easterby also reportedly took the place of acting head coach Romeo Crennel during a team meeting and delivered a speech that Vrentas and Bishop said others described as “a lengthy missive intended to be rousing,” in which he praised quarterback Deshaun Watson – perhaps to try and curry favor with him – and brushed aside most other players, including defensive star J.J. Watt.

McNair has said publicly that both Easterby and Watson are staying with the team, and he’s continued to stand with both.

“The scrutiny on Jack is really unjustified,” McNair said Friday. “Jack was put into that role (interim GM) the organization needed by me. If missteps were made during that process, we’ll own those within our building.”
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:44 PM 01-16-2021
:-) What a fucking coward. Can't even own up to his own failings.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:46 PM 01-16-2021
He's calling up players crying about how he's received death threats.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:49 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Who has ever claimed Adam Gase was a QB whisperer?
Peyton Manning
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:18 PM 01-16-2021

Just mentioned on @nflnetwork the #Eagles have requested permission to interview Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy for their vacant head-coaching job, sources say. TBD when the interview will occur because KC is alive.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 16, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 02:26 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Peyton Manning
Didn’t mean to downvote.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 02:33 PM 01-16-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
For EB’s sake, hopefully this isn’t a token interview to satisfy the Rooney rule.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 72
« First < 303637383940 4142434450 > Last »
Up